Adventures Of Bill

Lop Huckawuckie

Lop Huckawuckie

comictitle.jpg
Adventures of Bill
Since 2007

Here's everyone's favorite slowest updating comic series! These comics, which I made for fun, focus on Bill, a mild mannered fireman who is secretly an undercover secret agent for the Rebel Alliance. He is disguised as an Imperial Officer aboard the Death Star.

Instead of drawing this comic or using a kit or sprite set, I decided to use real pictures that I took with my digital camera. I then edited them into a comic using some free software (The GIMP). I have them in two sizes: Small and Full, depending on if you're on a mobile device vs. a desktop computer. Please leave any questions, comments, (or criticism) below!

Comic #1 - "Bill's Introduction" - ">Full - ">Small
Comic #2 - "The Meeting" - ">Full - ">Small
Comic #3 - "Delivery Dispute" - ">Full - ">Small
Comic #4 - "Busy, Busy" - ">Full - ">Small
Comic #5 - "Rock Raiders" - ">Full - ">Small
Comic #6 - "The Path to Power" - ">Full - Small
Comic #7 - "Card Trouble" - Full - Small
Comic #8 - "Stormtrooper Training" - Full - Small
Comic #9 - "Swept Away" - Full - Small
Comic #10 - "Sparks on the Run" - Full - Small

**NEW COMICS**

Comic #11 - "Sparks Escapes" - ">Full - Small

Comic #12 - "Risky Recharge" - ">Full - ">Small

Brickshelf Gallery (when approved)
Alaska Works - Main Website with Comics

NOTE: You don't *have* to read them in order, but they do make a little more sense when read as a whole, particularly starting with comic #5.

Anonymouse

YESSS!! YOU'RE BACK! WELCOME BACK! (for the time being at least :/)

AND WOOT A NEW COMIC!

Great work! Thanks for returning!

Seems that the fail internet filter does not like Brickshelf at all, just like the old forum >_>.

Can you upload them to the gallery please?

YES. THEY'RE BACK. AFTER ALMOST SIX MONTHS THEY HAVE RETURNED. WE SHALL ALL NOW DO A MASSIVE SHOUT AND DANCE OF REJOICING.

Also, it seems that your camera has decided to fail or something. And please convert to PNG, it helps my loadtimes.

Lop Huckawuckie

YES. THEY'RE BACK. AFTER ALMOST SIX MONTHS THEY HAVE RETURNED. WE SHALL ALL NOW DO A MASSIVE SHOUT AND DANCE OF REJOICING.

Also, it seems that your camera has decided to fail or something. And please convert to PNG, it helps my loadtimes.

Thanks! And actually, my camera isn't broken; I was going for a stylized/cartoon effect, hence the dark lines and speckles, rather than using the raw images. Also, all my comics are in PNG already, save for the small version of comic #8, which is JPG because the JPG version is a few MB's smaller.

PLEASE Upload to the gallery so all of RRU can lol, locally.

I've attached comic #8 to this post!

<file removed>

Thanks everyone for the positive response!

Eh, its not the lines I meant. There are a large number of JPEG compression artifacts scattered around #8. So yeah, either I never noticed those before or your camera failed. :/

Lop Huckawuckie

Eh, its not the lines I meant. There are a large number of JPEG compression artifacts scattered around #8. So yeah, either I never noticed those before or your camera failed. :/

Ahh. Well, the first panel has a lot of ISO noise on it (ISO 1600), although I dialed the camera back to hold it down to ISO 400 for the rest of the panels. But yeah, looking back, there is a good bit of noise/grain to it. I'll look to address that in the future. From an artistic standpoint, I like some graininess, but too much isn't good either.

Well done Lop Huckawuckie and it is great to see you are still working on these. I have been awaiting a new comic since you made your last, and well, you delivered! I too like some graininess in images rather then them being too smooth.

Best LEGO comic around to date. Thanks again for some laughs :D

• 6 months later...

Yay! Another update! Had to re-read the entire thing to refresh my memory on the context though...

Don't worry. This is one of those topics that can be posted in at any time.

Not Found

The requested URL /gallery/LopH/BillComics/HighQuality/comic9vertical.png was not found on this server.

So I looked at the small one... AND I LOLED.

Thanks for updating this! Now I'm impatient for more, again. xD

• 6 months later...

Mentalgen, This is a ball!

Oh Mathisjack, where did you go?

Great to see another comic Huckawuckie Your comics are very well done.

Looking forward to the continuation.

...Hey wait a minute, where was Bill?

Lop Huckawuckie

Thanks guys! Yeah, Bill wasn't featured in this one; it's a continuation of the Rock Raiders story arc started in Comics 5 and 6 (back in 2007! I've got to update these more quickly, haha!).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.