Current List Of Modelers And Animators for LRR

Cirevam

Due to several people asking me for animation help over the past few days and also due to the fact that several members have acquired Lightwave or another modeling program, I think it's only fair to list all of the currently active modelers and animators so that I'm not the only one that everyone asks. The reasoning behind this is not a selfish one, but I would rather we act as a community and help each other out as much as we can, in any way we can. Plus, this allows us to get work done more efficiently.

Please post here what LRR-compatible programs you have and the version, as not all versions work the same. LW7 exports animations correctly, but some copies of LW9 do not, for example. I care not for your level of experience, I just want a list of people who have the necessary tools. Also note that this is not a job application topic. If you need someone to make something, PM them. If you need help, don't forget about this basic topic.

Due to recent confusion, let me clarify that this topic only covers people with tools that are compatible with modding Lego Rock Raiders. If you have tools that can be used for modding other games, great! But if you have no way to get them into LRR it is a bit pointless to list them here.

Active Modelers:

• Cirevam (Milkshape 3D 1.8.4)
  • TheDoctor (Milkshape 3D 1.8.4)
  • PWNZOR (Lightwave 9.0 + 10.0)
  • alPHA (Milkshape 3D ?.?.?)
  • addictgamer (Milkshape 3D ?.?.?, Blender + lithUnwrap)
  • apemax (Blender + lithUnwrap)
  • Masterchief (Lightwave 9.0, loads of other programs)
  • Amauros (Milkshape 3D ?.?.?)
  • karsten (Milkshape 3D 1.8.2, Lightwave 9.0)
  • Lair of Rockwhales (Milkshape 3D 1.7.7)
  • Extreme110 (3DS Max 5 + 2009)
  • jg325 (MLcad + Lightwave ?.?)
  • elrunethe2nd (Milkshape 3D 1.8.4)
  • peanut (Blender + lithUnwrap)
  • HugeBeetz (Blender)
  • Tahmira (Cheetah?, Blender, Lightwave ?.?)
  • ?????

Active Animators:

• Cirevam (Lightwave 7 and 9)
  • alPHA (Lightwave 7)
  • PWNZOR (Lightwave 9.0 + 10.0)
  • addictgamer (Lightwave 7.0)
  • TheDoctor (Lightwave 8.0)
  • Masterchief (Lightwave 9.0)
  • Extreme110 (Lightwave 5.6 + 8.0)
  • Tahmira (Lightwave ?.?)
  • ?????

I have 3ds max 8, but as far as I know I cannot export to lwo/lws. So I would have to export as .obj and send to someone else to rig it for LRR.

Lets see now....

MilkShape 1.8.4

Lightwave 9.3

I also have Wings3D on the ubuntu side, i wonder if we can use that in conjunction with milkshape, its much easier to select specific polys (and delete them).. Could be useful for poly reduction.

Wings3d exports to lwo, but it can't import LRR's models (says lw5 is too old lulz) so it still requires someone with lightwave to finish the job. I must agree with Doc though that it is very easy to use. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
TheEPICtrainrider

WANTED

Somebody who can create and properly export 4 models. These models will replace

-Energy Crystal

-Ore

-Drill/Hammer (pending if the Animations for drilling can be switched with the animations for putting up a re-enforced wall, which I think they can)

-Rock Raider's head/Cheif's head (pending how much work you can/want to do)

I can do the textures myself. Or try to. I'll use simple colors really. I just need somebody who can model basic shapes.

I'm trying to keep things "Under the hat" for now, until at least until somebody spoiles it.

Time Frame: Everything must be done before December 10th. This is so we can edit the textures in time.

Payment:

My love

The respect of your peers

90% of the credit

My respect

4/5 comments about how awesome we are.

Absolutely nothing else because I'm poor and you're generous.

An "Virtual High-Five"

I'd do it myself. But I'm too lazy to learn, and other reasons blah blah blah Cirevam's will point out a flaw in my plan here blah blah blah Cirevam's always right blah blah blah nobody will help implement my idea because blah blah blah Cirevam for president blah blah blah. Pingas.

WANTED

Somebody who can create and properly export 4 models. These models will replace

-Energy Crystal

-Ore

-Drill/Hammer (pending if the Animations for drilling can be switched with the animations for putting up a re-enforced wall, which I think they can)

-Rock Raider's head/Cheif's head (pending how much work you can/want to do)

I can do the textures myself. Or try to. I'll use simple colors really. I just need somebody who can model basic shapes.

I'm trying to keep things "Under the hat" for now, until at least until somebody spoiles it.

Time Frame: Everything must be done before December 10th. This is so we can edit the textures in time.

Payment:

My love

The respect of your peers

90% of the credit

My respect

4/5 comments about how awesome we are.

Absolutely nothing else because I'm poor and you're generous.

An "Virtual High-Five"

I'd do it myself. But I'm too lazy to learn, and other reasons blah blah blah Cirevam's will point out a flaw in my plan here blah blah blah Cirevam's always right blah blah blah nobody will help implement my idea because blah blah blah Cirevam for president blah blah blah. Pingas.

Just shoot me an email or message me, and I'll do it.

• 2 months later...

You could buy it like I did. When I bought 1.7.7 back around 2006, it was $30. I can't imagine it would be more now.

http://chumbalum.swissquake.ch/ms3d/register.html

It costs 35 USD now. You probably got some money for Christmas. Buy it.

Does anyone know where I can get LW cheaply? I'll probably have less that $100 when I get Milkshape and I would like to get them together.

And can I really get away with just one version (9.0, 9.1,9.2, 9.3, 9.3, 9.4, 9.5, or 9.6)?

I will basicly need to make every file from scratch, from the turret to the teleport, the only stock files I'll be using are the wheels and the terminal end of the laser. Maybe the upgraded Chrome Crusher engine. Maybe. I'm hoping to give it its own laser beam while leaving the other laser equiped units intact.

gallery_1300_106_182379.pnggallery_1300_106_101023.png

Those radiators need to glow.

You can get milkshape with that kind of money, but you're no where near getting LW. Also, Milkshape is good enough for texturing and exporting models in LRR format. So you can use any free modeling software and export it as .obj (most common file format) then import that into Milkshape for finishing.

I should note that Milkshape destroys image textures when exporting to 5.x. Textures based on diffuse, ambient, emissive, etc. are retained though their color values are screwed up so the G and B values become equivalent to the R value. You can fix this with a hex editor. Basically, if you just want solid colors with basic glow and transparency, Milkshape will work.

Modeling and Animating as an individual using 3ds max, Maya, Lightwave, Bodypaint, Mari, Zbrush, 3d coat, c4d and some third party products like sculptris, uvlayout, animax, argile.

Texturing using Photoshop, Mari and Bodypaint.

UV Layout/Unwrapping using bodypaint and uvlayout.

Using Lightwave 9 and GWLs Exporter Plugins as an Export/Import Bridge for the LRR LWS/LWO files.

Modeling and Animating as an individual using 3ds max, Maya, Lightwave, Bodypaint, Mari, Zbrush, 3d coat, c4d and some third party products like sculptris, uvlayout, animax, argile.

Texturing using Photoshop, Mari and Bodypaint.

UV Layout/Unwrapping using bodypaint and uvlayout.

Using Lightwave 9 and GWLs Exporter Plugins as an Export/Import Bridge for the LRR LWS/LWO files.

Wow! O.o

Also, Cirevam, add me to the list. I have 3ds max, wings3d, milkshape, and soon I will have solidworks (which may be of no use to LRR-modding, but w/e). I've been thinking about making some promeshes....

Edit: I wonder if 3ds max 8 will export lw5... I'll get back to you on that.

Urm, add me to the modling list and put me as using both GMax and 3DS Max 5...I could teach people both if they want lessons. It's primarally for Halo Model Creation, but they can handle .obj and the controls/material effects are easier to control and more flexible than other things I have tried to use.

I also own a copy of ZModeler but I'm not sure if it is still installed and /or it can handle LegoRR stuff...I'll check it up tomorrow.

EDIT: Oh your only doing Lightwave, Blender and Milkshape...never mind then about the GMax/3DS Max stuff.

The list is only for programs that can export LRR-compatible files, but if 3DS Max or gmax can export to a format that can be read by another program which can make the right files, then I'll add you and show the chain of programs that you're using.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.