(WIP) Community Overhaul Attempt #2

theextractor

Monsters: Insects and suck.

So you're saying the mod would be filled with suck? Welp, that's one that I don't have to consider for voting.

Nah, just kidding. Energy Crystals could be Nectar and ore could be Seeds. Then their buildings could have an organic theme and grow out of the ground instead of teleporting.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lair

• Sonic322

• Addictgamer

• theextractor

The dwarven Lawn Mowers.

The raiders are shrunk and trapped in some one's back yard.

They have to cut their way out of the jungle and reach the enlarging machine on the other end of the yard.

Monsters: Insects and such.

Monsters: Insects and suck.

So you're saying the mod would be filled with suck? Welp, that's one that I don't have to consider for voting.

Nah, just kidding. Energy Crystals could be Nectar and ore could be Seeds. Then their buildings could have an organic theme and grow out of the ground instead of teleporting.

We could use the flower path mod!

And we can turn the slugs into slugs. :af:

I'm not making fun of your suggestion Sonic, I am building on it.

Sorry but the way you wrote that sounded like you didn't want to use the mod and just have everything completely remade from the ground up.

theextractor

Flower Path was made by me haha! (and Fengo)

Cool idea though, it's like Honey I Shrunk The Rock Raiders! i kind of agree with LZ though, im becoming wary of an overhaul that has NOTHING at all to do with Rock Raiders. it would be fun to try something crazy and different, but i don't think it would have the same appeal as a sequel or other RR adventure.

Keep thinking guys! simply discussing these ideas is really helpful in determining what will make this overhaul possible.

Well I thought of the possability of a Lawn Raiders sometime back so I have some ideas on that. Seeds to collect and pebbles for buildings. And INSECTS

Alright, something that sticks with rock raiders.

How about a remake of RR?

Only, better plot, better levels, better vehicles, better buildings, and lots more monsters.

But that is done in such a way that it's only an improved RR, not a whole new game.

A remake of RRs? hmm, that definitely sticks to with Rock Raiders....

Added to the list! i'm not sure this would be the most interesting overhaul however, but it could be fun.

btw Lawn Raiders DOES stick with Rock Raiders and i think that's actually a great idea! but when you called it "The Dwarven Lawn Mowers?????" /:| that just doesn't make any sense at all...

Some questions regarding a LRR remake -

Are we able to have more than 3 biomes?

Can we have higher resolution textures?

and i think that for any of these overhauls we should include the Rock Raiders team as teleportable units. that would just be super cool!

Some questions regarding a LRR remake -

Are we able to have more than 3 biomes?

Maybe and probably, respectively. I'm not totally sure about the biomes, but we can definitely make higher res textures. The game may not show them as higher res though. I guess we could always try.

Answers: Yes and Yes.

Lawn Mowers cut plants.

Dwarfs are short.

Rock raiders mine.

In lawn raiders, plants replace walls.

Rock Raiders 'cut' plants.

So Rock Raiders are now tiny lawn mowers.

Hence the name 'Dwarven Lawn Mowers'

1) Are we able to have more than 3 biomes?

2) Can we have higher resolution textures?

3) and i think that for any of these overhauls we should include the Rock Raiders team as teleportable units. that would just be super cool!

1) Yes. Lair has added several to LRR.

2) Where have you been? We've been doing this since the old forum. Images up to 512x512 pixels will work and look great.

3) We can only teleport one type of raider at a time currently. Other types have to be added in via the OL. That said, it's perfectly possible to drill a hidden cavern and stumble across the original team.

3) and i think that for any of these overhauls we should include the Rock Raiders team as teleportable units. that would just be super cool!

2) Where have you been? We've been doing this since the old forum. Images up to 512x512 pixels will work and look great.

3) We can only teleport one type of raider at a time currently. Other types have to be added in via the OL. That said, it's perfectly possible to drill a hidden cavern and stumble across the original team.

1) Don't you mean RtPU?

2) How do you do this again?

3) And here I thought we had figured out how to teleport different types of raiders.

1) Also, i believe we are still limited to 3 biomes? so in that case there would probably end up being too many levels on the LMS. still a possibility though.

1) ...Where the HECK have you been? We are hardley limited in anything anymore, Not even levels. LRR has now become an open book to us! New buildings, Vehicles, Rock Raiders, Monsters, Levels, Biomes... Even new TEXTURED MODELS! :af:

Epic fail.

I have an idea. Have all vehicles under 1 menu, freeing up the small vehicles one. Then have the raiders teleportable as small vehicles while still rock raiders. Warning: may fail

I have an idea. Have all vehicles under 1 menu, freeing up the small vehicles one. Then have the raiders teleportable as small vehicles while still rock raiders. Warning: may fail

We would have to make new buttons to tell who is who.

We would have to make new buttons to tell who is who.

Oh wow. A graphics mod. That may take 5 minutes.

1) Don't you mean RtPU?

3) And here I thought we had figured out how to teleport different types of raiders.

1. No. He's made them work.

2. I honestly don't know if there's a level of failure that comes even close to the magnitude of fail displayed there. Are you really telling us you don't know how to replace low res textures with higher res ones? Sometimes I wonder how hard you have to try.

3. There's one teleport raider button. There's also an ol file in which these things are placed in the level with.

2. I honestly don't know if there's a level of failure that comes even close to the magnitude of fail displayed there. Are you really telling us you don't know how to replace low res textures with higher res ones? Sometimes I wonder how hard you have to try.

2) Well excuse me, I never did understand how to do this.

2) Well excuse me, I never did understand how to do this.

You can make textures for models up to 512x512. Just replace the image with the larger one (make sure it's to scale; a 64x32 image can go to 512x256, can go more but may warp).

Where have you been? We've been doing this since the old forum. Images up to 512x512 pixels will work and look great.

How do you do this again?

I honestly don't know if there's a level of failure that comes even close to the magnitude of fail displayed there. Are you really telling us you don't know how to replace low res textures with higher res ones? Sometimes I wonder how hard you have to try.

Well excuse me, I never did understand how to do this.

You can make textures for models up to 512x512. Just replace the image with the larger one (make sure it's to scale; a 64x32 image can go to 512x256, can go more but may warp).

Is 512x512 the max?

And how do I do this with images bigger than 512x512?

I still have to scale the image if it was 32x64 and not 64x32 right?

• Cyrem changed the title to (WIP) Community Overhaul Attempt #2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.