(WIP) Community Overhaul Attempt #2

theextractor

And all other "bosses".

What wrong with having a few bosses?

And sonic... you have failed again. As Addict says, look it up (unless you know it's something that you'll get no results for, and this you will)

Fixed.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lair

• Sonic322

• Addictgamer

• theextractor

And all other "bosses".

What wrong with having a few bosses?

And sonic... you have failed again. As Mouse says, look it up (unless you know it's something that you'll get no results for, and this you will)

Unfixed

No. It's as Mouse says. Have you forgotten that "TO THE 322 BROS" topic he made all about google?

Lol. Make an excuse that a Lawn Mower has causes cave-ins disasters.

No. It's as Mouse says. Have you forgotten that "TO THE 322 BROS" topic he made all about Google?

Lol. Make an excuse that a Lawn Mower has causes cave-ins disasters.

There is no topic with that title?

link please

energy crystals could be glowing mushrooms.

Yes, i believe it is about time we began fleshing out these ideas. i still like the insectoids theme, any ideas on that??

No. It's as Mouse says. Have you forgotten that "TO THE 322 BROS" topic he made all about Google?
There is no topic with that title? (WHY THE HECK IS A STATEMENT ENDED WITH A QUESTION MARK)

That was months ago... fail.

energy crystals could be glowing mushrooms.Yes, i believe it is about time we began fleshing out these ideas. i still like the insectoids theme, any ideas on that??

I like Cirevam's Nector idea. Nector as Power, Seeds as ore.

And as for the insectoids... I really can't think other than having some insectoid levels in LRR.

There is no topic with that title?

Why the heck is a statement ended with a question mark.

That was months ago... fail.

It is not a fail because if you said it out loud then it would sound like someone is asking a question about the apparent topic.

I have an idea, how about a prequel to RR? You know, a story about why they were in space in the first place and what they were doing.

For e.g. they are extra-geological explorers scouting out planets with valuable materials and go from system to system in the Milky Way galaxy. Then we could lead up to the very last level where would act out the intro to LRR itself. This would explain why the LMS has all the mining equipment that it does.

Of course our RR's should anticipate possible extra-terrestrial life in there exploration, so they carry weapons with them. This allows us to use a wide variety of biomes and monsters per planet while at the same time explain why the RR's have combat equipment.

Amauros has, I believe. He gave the "real is brown" treatment to the Rock biome. It looks alright, but I'm biased against the golden brown look.

I appreciate the compliment. What look would you be biased towards? I'll add it to my list and provide you a high res biome "just the way you like it." ;)

how about a prequel to RR? You know, a story about why they were in space in the first place and what they were doing

prequels and sequels are great ideas! The stories could be anything, and the settings could be anywhere. Good question, what were the Rock Raiders doing? The reason they have to collect crystals in the game was to get the LMS working again and get back to their home system. So what did they do normally?

I also think that having "bosses" would be great. You know, just have this annoyingly impossible monster standing over a load of energy crystals or something. or have one that demolishes your base all the time. we could probably come up with some great models for them too. I started a list of things that the overhaul, whichever one we choose, should probably have in it.

(so i guess i can't make a poll in this forum? when the time for voting comes, would there be a way to make one on this topic, or should it just be made somewhere else?)

You should be able to make a poll in the general forum section. The overhaul forum wasn't set up for polls to make sure people didn't just randomly make polls here.

The prequel idea is good.

Can we stay on topic people, this topic is to talk about a possible community overhaul.

Not pick one overhaul and turn the whole topic into talking about that one thing.

The prequel idea is good.

Can we stay on topic people, this topic is to talk about a possible community overhaul.

Not pick one overhaul and turn the whole topic into talking about that one thing.

First off, you're currently the only one who's been off topic.

Secondly, it doesn't matter if it's a "community" overhaul, it still has to be set in stone as a communal decision. If we don't pick one overhaul and go with it, we'll never get anywhere.

I haven't been off-topic.

The way I see it is if someone has an idea for a mod then they should explain the idea in the short post so other people can explain their mod ideas instead of the whole topic being swept up in one thing.

But this topic is to talk about ideas for a mod.

Not pick a mod and stick with that.

I know. That's exactly what the last 5 pages have been. We've been talking about ideas for a mod, not PaMaSwT.

I haven't been off-topic.

The way I see it is if someone has an idea for a mod then they should explain the idea in the short post so other people can explain their mod ideas instead of the whole topic being swept up in one thing.

And again, that is EXACTLY what has been going on in this topic despite you saying it isn't.

I admit that I spent a page and a half asking about image resulution but you guys spent like two and a half pages talking about one overhaul.

So can we please talk about a different mod idea?

I admit that I spent a page and a half asking about image resulution but you guys spent like two and a half pages talking about one overhaul.

So can we please talk about a different mod idea?

How about you talk about a different idea while we discuss what we want?

Oxygen meter can be for pesticides sprayed into your forest home BTW

I admit that I spent a page and a half asking about image resolution but you guys spent like two and a half pages talking about one overhaul.

First off, I only see 3 pages. Secondly, only about 60 posts in this topic are on topic, most of which are directly discussing at least one of the 8 ideas (yes I did include your relevant posts). The other 33 posts have to do with offtopic and/or fail posts and their followup replies. So all in all, that averages 7.5 posts per topic over 3 pages (for me). So if you'd stop complaining about how 20 or so (1 page of relevant posts) is all about one idea, I'm sure we'd all appreciate it.

I think it's fine if someone goes off-topic just to ask a question. what isn't fine is when a topic goes so off-topic that it degrades into a forum game lol

just to clear things up a little, i think we've done great so far in coming up with some very possible overhaul ideas. Part of this phase however, involves discussing those ideas in order to get a very solid image of what the idea were to become if we chose it. So if anyone has any more ideas, by all means share it! but we will also be discussing the ones we've come up with so far.

(ok, i'll make a poll in the general forum, when it comes to that, but only after we know for sure what it is we're voting on)

That could be done as a minigame... or a whole objective.

How about a Crystalien Conflict game (that Lego Mars Mission one), replacing Humans and ETX with RR and PM!

I'd prefer a whole overhaul done on it.

First few levels are Rock Raiders fighting power miners. We can use timers to make the goal accomplished.

Then Rock Raiders manage to enslave power miners.

And then Rock Raiders go on enslaving the rest of the power miner creatures, with the help of the Rock Raiders creatures.

The last level should be like the 10 CAC level though: You find the final Power Miners base and must fight the unknown evils.

Of which there are many.

Also, kill some trash can monsters

I'd prefer a whole overhaul done on it.

First few levels are Rock Raiders fighting power miners. We can use timers to make the goal accomplished.

Then Rock Raiders manage to enslave power miners.

And then Rock Raiders go on enslaving the rest of the power miner creatures, with the help of the Rock Raiders creatures.

I will wire you cash if you manage this.

The last level should be like the 10 CAC level though: You find the final Power Miners base and must fight the unknown evils.

Of which there are many.

Also, kill some trash can monsters

CAC level?

• Cyrem changed the title to (WIP) Community Overhaul Attempt #2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.