NO WADS! or 10 Wads

Lair

No one seems to know this, so I will post it.

STEP 1-Decompile all Wads.

STEP 2-Remove the original Wads.

STEP 3-Move all the folders from INSIDE the wads into the folder called Data (with the AVI and sound files). DO NOT MOVE THE FOLDERS NAMED AFTER THE WADS!!! When you are done those 2 or more folders need to be empty and the Data folder bigger.

STEP 4-Remove the empty folders.

STEP 5-Mod the game in some way. You no longer have to decompile.

You can also distribute the files through up to 10 wads (LegoRR0-LegoRR9). This helps when uploading wads for overhaul mods. The higher # wad is accepted over a lower #, meaning 2 files of the same in Wads 3 and 7, WAD 7 will be recognised. Lego.cfg probably needs to stay in 1. Data and CD are unknown in level of importantness.

Credit to whoever discovered these, I have no idea...

yes, that is how I get mods done so quickly.

However, with vista users you may have to copy it out of there, edit then move it in. Dumb read-only Admin thing...

... the wads have files and folders in them. When you extract them, move the stuff inside the wads into the data folder. then delete the 2 wad folders, which should be empty.

there's already a folder in the data folder named 'sounds'

do i just put the files from the 'sounds' folder from the wad into the 'sounds' folder in the data folder?

yes that makes sense, thank you

EDIT: ok so i moved everything from the wads into the data folder, combined the folders with the same names, removed the empty wad folders and the wads themselves and now my game doesn't work...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I hate the .exe

We can't mod it so we don't know how a lot of the game really works

If we could mod it then we could possibly make a fix for this

It isn't serious. You can still use the pusher and freezer normaly. And before saying "But those do so little damage", the wads are open aren't they? Now edit the cfg to increase damage values.

• Haha 1

Sadly, doing this makes a horrible glitch where laser beams (handheld) kill your energy supply

Not for me. If I recall correctly, you (and/or others) had this problem in the original game itself, without any modifications done to it. My copy of the game never had this problem, and I don't have this problem when using the no WAD method. I'd say this problem is within certain versions of the game (possibly newer? I have the original version.)

Oh and also:

Credit to whoever discovered these, I have no idea...

I think you'll find it was Ogun who discovered this. Source: http://forums.rockraidersunited.org/topic/2006697/1/

Not for me. If I recall correctly, you (and/or others) had this problem in the original game itself, without any modifications done to it. My copy of the game never had this problem, and I don't have this problem when using the no WAD method. I'd say this problem is within certain versions of the game (possibly newer? I have the original version.)

Oh and also:

I think you'll find it was Ogun who discovered this. Source: http://forums.rockraidersunited.org/topic/2006697/1/

I have new version, and I don't have these problems either.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Bioniclemaster

when i want to move the sound folder of legoRR0 to data, windows asks me if i want to delete the sound folder in data, and place the sound folder of legoRR0 in place, or just leave it as it is. should i merge those 2 folders manually?

when i want to move the sound folder of legoRR0 to data, windows asks me if i want to delete the sound folder in data, and place the sound folder of legoRR0 in place, or just leave it as it is. should i merge those 2 folders manually?

Yes merge the two folders together.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.