NO WADS! or 10 Wads

Lair

my copy is not working after i did this. It just loads up to a certain point on the loading screen and shuts down.

• 7 months later...
Tauka Usanake

Okay this topic is old but I want to try something to at least get somewhere in the modding business.

Decompile the WADs. Check.

Delete old WADs from game.

Move files from inside the WAD folders (ie: LegoRR0, LegoRR1) into the Data folder. Combine folders in doing this. The Data folder is now fat.

Remove the now empty WAD folders.

Start modding files in the Data folder.

And that's it? Nothing more I'm guessing?

You can combine the Data Method with the Wad method by making your own wads filled with the files you won't be modding (accident prevention ;) ) and keep what you'll be modding regularly in the data folder.

Okay this topic is old but I want to try something to at least get somewhere in the modding business.Decompile the WADs. Check.Delete old WADs from game.Move files from inside the WAD folders (ie: LegoRR0, LegoRR1) into the Data folder. Combine folders in doing this. The Data folder is now fat.Remove the now empty WAD folders.Start modding files in the Data folder.And that's it? Nothing more I'm guessing?

Yep, that should be it.

Tell me how to deal with duplicate folders.

Do I just move the files into one folder and be done with it?

That's what I ment, there are two level folders.

Ya, just copy both folders into data. Windows will merge them.

Next time, please be more specific in your questions.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

hey guyes

just need some help quickly i load the wad exe to open the wad files but when i want to open the wad files it just says the wad file is no valid rock raiders file

need help quickly

thanks

• 3 months later...

Alright, I've followed the instructions for this method down to the letter, and the modded version of the game simply wont run. Placing the Wads back where they belong fixes it (but of course, stops any mods from working), and renaming them/taking them out breaks it again. I'm running on Windows 7, if it makes a difference. Is there a link to the old Wad compiler anywhere? Might be easier at this point.

EDIT: Err-derr. Found the Wad Tool ( confused it with an older thing, long story) Still It'd be nice if i could get this method working. A bit more streamlined and all.

Addictgamer

Are you sure you copied all the contents of both the legorr0 and legorr1 folders (extracted wads) into the data folder?

Yeah, I've made sure that I didn't bring the folders in themselves, just the contents of them, so I'm not sure what's up. No biggie, as it's working fine using the old way, just a bit inconvenient.

gallery_2288_186_55608.jpg

This is a backup that isn't currently being used, but the data folders were the same until i changed them back. (and this backup doesn't launch either)

Also, no idea where that "cfgoriginal" came from, but i doubt it's affecting anything.

Addictgamer

Um...If you aren't already doing so/tried it, try running LegoRR.exe directly (as in, not via shortcut).

Yeah, I've tried that too. Same effect. At this point, my Rock Raiders directory being cursed by some form of black magic seems like the most logical explanation.

Addictgamer

Yeah, I've tried that too. Same effect. At this point, my Rock Raiders directory being cursed by some form of black magic seems like the most logical explanation.

LEGO is out to get us :ninja:

Well, that's all I got...

Wait. Did you by any chance forget to move one or both wads out of the directory?

Gah, Finally found the problem. Somewhere along away my LEGO.cfg turned into a .txt with a .cfg extension.

Addictgamer

Gah, Finally found the problem. Somewhere along away my LEGO.cfg turned into a .txt with a .cfg extension.

Oooh, that explains it.

Guess black magic was the cause after all :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.