First name basis

TheEPICtrainrider

My middle name is Michael, and the rest of my name is in my email address. You see, I make you work to get information. No such thing as free snax.

• 2 weeks later...

Different. LordZakida could tell us his username if he wanted and didn't like to annoy people.

Name, that is a privacy issue. For now my name is Lair.

Maybe his real name is Chicken.

Actually, if you don't want to tell us your first name despite thousands of other people in the world having the same exact first name making it impossible for us to find your dox, then it's okay.

Docs are information an Internet personality would like kept secret, such as their current real name, address, SSN and phone number (things they would install a security system, a phone tracing system and buy a dog to protect). Docs may also include information on close relatives. After notorious hacker/phreak scenester Bobink widely distributed his impeccably complete flat-file docs database named pokemon.txt, it became a long-standing scene tradition to call your collection of docs Pokemon (Gotta catch 'em all!) and the file that they are collected in a Pokéball. Many people do things on the Internet which they would rather not leak into their IRL circle of acquaintances (such as their sexual practices and fantasies) so dropping dox can be very destructive to victims' personal lives.

Therefore, if you don't want to post your name, fine, because some people's lives have been ruined once their personal information (dox) have been made public. It's fairly easy to get such information since you can Google someone's name, find their Myspace/Facebook pages, and roll with that, or do a WHOIS lookup in some cases. You know, things like that.

TheEPICtrainrider

@ lair: if you didn't want to post your first name, then you should have never posted this topic. Really, don't spam this topic for everyone who want's to release there first name to a small group of nerds, (no offense, but hey, Bill Gates is a nerd, so you should take it as a compliment).

So there, I don't want this to turn into a discussion of "what's lairs real name?" If he want's to keep it to himself, so be it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.