Lego Groups copyright hold on RockRaiders

DeactivatedAccount

DeactivatedAccount

Hi, look. I have an large plan, and lets just say it involves an Highly Respected Indepedent Film Company located in San Antonio Texas...

Look, lego does not hold much copyright in the terms of Names, so far 'SpaceBrig' is the only thing Lego has fully copyrighted to my knowledge.

Look, is 'CromeCrusher', and other set/vehicles names copyrighted. Is the 'LMS Explorer' copyrighted. And, most important. is 'Rock Raiders' as an name Copyrighted or Restricted in anyway??

Because before i can contact the CEO, creator and owner of this film company. (who i have contacted before) Before he would even consider the idea of making an film based on an lego theme. He would need to know IF he did create this film, and sell it in BlockBusters US nation wide, and WorldWide on there Official site, would they have lego suing them?

Reply soon...

Niall.

Well, technically... its called "LEGO Rock Raiders".

Look for that all inclusive "All names used are trademark and copyright if LEGO ink...etc..." statement thing.

Also, do you see any ©'s?

I have an Idea to help avoid conflict

RENAME!!!

Hover Scout-Personal Hovercraft

Small Digger-Small Drilling Truck

Small Transport Truck-Transportation Vehicle

Rapid Rider-Small Catamaran

Small Mobile Laser Cutter-Miniature Mobile Laser Turret

Tunnel Scout-Small Helicopter

Loader Dozer-Bulldozer

Granite Grinder-Mining Mech

Large Mobile Laser Cutter-Fullsize Mobile Laser Turret

Chrome Crusher-Massive Mining Truck

Cargo Carrier-Large Catamaran

Tunnel Transport-Large Helicopter

Toolstore-Tool Station

Teleport Pad-Teleportation Center

Power Station-Power Plant

Support Station-Barrak

Upgrade Station-Crane?

Geological Center-Scanning Dome

Ore Refinery-Ore Processor

Mining Laser-Laser Turret

Super Teleport-MERGED WITH TELEPORTATION CENTER

Rock Monster-Stone Creature

Ice Monster-Frost Creature

LavaMonster-Volcano Creature

Slimy Slug-Energy Slug

Other Creatures are fine

Rock Raider-United Miner

LMS EXPLORER-No Idea yet. See topic "Rename LMS Explorer"

Planet U-??????

Could help

-1 on that buddy.

Failish.

Ummm...no. Dont rename anything. It wont be RR then.

Maybe Matt and his mysterous magic can find if Rock Raiders is copyrighted.

I am not sure if he referred to you... but you do phail for directly stating your idea is great without anyone else implying that.

TheEPICtrainrider

Yes, Lego and it's lawyers will sue the crap off you, weather or not it's copyrighted. If you intended to make movie with the theam rockraiders, you would have to get permission from Lego and then pay them money, and let them sell it on their site. If you don't ask permission, even if you don't break any copyrights, Lego will still know of this conversation, showed you planned to make it rockraider based, and sue the living daylight out of you. why? Because they might be losing money for a Idea they created. The only way you could hope not to be sued by Lego is if the movie was non profit, but it's most likely for profit and, that is ageist the law.

I don't recommend getting legal advice from people on the net but as I see it "Rock Raiders" is not and cannot be copyrighted. However the Lego brick I think is. To make a Lego themed movie I think you would need to get permission to use Lego bricks. In fact I do recommend getting permission to use the whole "Rock Raiders" theme because while many parts won't be legally protected they could generally sue for resemblances between them. If it's for profit, you'd really need permission I think.

DeactivatedAccount

Yeh, but thats why im looking for loop

holes

Parts that they could use in the 'possible' film that lego ent got copyright on, and what lego HAS copyright on just rename...

Lair had an GREAT idea!

But, i gues to make the film. Just take the story arc, and re-name everything. Even Rock Raiders...

But i know the CEO of the company, if he likes the story arc, he would get in done!

m_fa184873fc9ac36120024de3e1a4b153.jpg

Ponderous is the Film Company i would as, i know Brett.

NO ONE E-MAIL PONDEROUS! LAST THING I NEED IS BRETT GOING "WHY DO I HAVE 200 'ROCK RAIDER' FANS BUGGING ME CAUS OF YOU?"

TheEPICtrainrider

Famous? I've never heard of that company in my life. And I don't think you should do it. It will most likely backfire on you. Lego probably has a entire room full of lawyers waiting for someone to cross the line.

If LEGO has copyrights on LEGO, the LEGO Brick, and other such things, how some knock-offs like Mega Bloks exist? There's got to be a huge loophole that they're exploiting.

DeactivatedAccount

Ponderous is an multi award winning film company.

And has sold hundreds of thousand copys of there film World wide...

Besides, Brett would be one only person crazy enough to 'try' this!

Would MGM, 20 Century or Paramount try this?

• 11 years later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.