(WIP) Boulder Raiders

William

What determines the size of a buildings base? And also, before I go through the trouble of editing the level select screen, is it possible to have more than 33 levels?

Building foundations are defined through the Shape parameter in the AE. They use a wacky coordinate system which Amauros decoded here:

LRR supports at least double the original level count. Lair of Rockwhales knows how to add more in, so ask him.

I never thought about the AE. Thanks for the help. By the way, is it possible to add another building menu, I was thinking about adding medium vehicles. Why? Why not?

I never thought about the AE. Thanks for the help. By the way, is it possible to add another building menu, I was thinking about adding medium vehicles. Why? Why not?

then make a medium-large teleporter for it too :af:

So you know, if you make a medium teleporter then the vehicles that spawn at it will have to be accessed at either the Small Vehicles or Large Vehicles menus. We can't expand our menu options since they're hard coded.

LRR supports at least double the original level count. Lair of Rockwhales knows how to add more in, so ask him.

The rules are:

1. The first eight levels in the list of levels will never save your score for them. They always count as tutorial levels even if they aren't.

2. The next 25 levels you play count towards your save data file. It will add 4 points for every level you play up until you have played 25 levels, not counting the tutorial levels. They can be any 25 levels in any order.

3. Every level except the first eight count as real levels, and even though only the first 25 played will count towards the percent complete on the load level screen, the actual percentage complete is actually directlydependant on the level number. That is, if you have 50 levels, the first 8 don't count, then the last 42 levels all need to be completed so that beating the final level will get outro2.avi (assuming you get 100% on each level). If you added a 43rd level, you would not get outro2.avi again until you beat that 43rd level.

So basicly, use the first 8 for random blarg, and then you can have infinite levels.

Okay, then I'll probably just have a universal vehicle menu with S, M, or L in the corner to indicate what type it is. And thanks to both of you.

Okay, then I'll probably just have a universal vehicle menu with S, M, or L in the corner to indicate what type it is.

You can't. You have to have two menus. Not 1 or 3, 2.

Well, one could be aquatic and the other land.

Edit: I'm not sure how, but my Boulder Raiders album got deleted, so if anyone went to look and it wasn't there, that's why. I re-uploaded them though along with a few new ones and better descriptions.

I've come up with a general layout for the levels. There's going to be 101 levels (not including the first eight). The first 25 are going to be the ice biome, the next sand, then rock and lava. On levels 25, 50, 75, and 100, there's going to be a boss mission against a giant version of the monster of that particular biome. Then the last mission is going to be a fight against all the previous monsters you've fought, plus, once you've defeated all of them, a long and hard battle against the final boss. Tell me if you think that would be a good plot.

It's easy to make overhauls, it just takes a lot of time. Just so you know, I'm not new to modding, I've made overhauls for Star Wars Battlefront II and Star Wars Empire at War. And also, I have 67 levels done already.

It's easy to make overhauls, it just takes a lot of time. Just so you know, I'm not new to modding, I've made overhauls for Star Wars Battlefront II and Star Wars Empire at War. And also, I have 67 levels done already.

Hey,you mod EaW too? Thats great.Oh, and i got a new level. It is called Hard Rock Mania.You have a Chorme Crusher and need to drill a lot of hard rocks;and i dont recieved your email.

I used to. I made it a Clone Wars era game with clone troopers vs. battle droids. I can tell you more about it in a different topic if you want. I don't remember how I did a few things though. And you haven't told me your e-mail yet so I haven't sent you one. Send me a personal message with it when you get a chance.

I have all the non-monster models done, but I need a animating program to do anything else besides levels, so I was wondering if there was a free animating program I could use until I get Lightwave

I just checked and you can, but I don't know how to.

Alrighty then.

Best advice I have for you is good old trial and error; Nobody's posted any instructions on how to do it with notepad - and I've never done it myself. Only person I'm aware of that's done it with notepad is lair, which is why I suggested you try it out.

I was just trying, and it's pretty diffucult. I'll just wait until I get Lightwave in a few months, unless Lair of Rockwhales has any tips.

I'm not good with it, I just know sort of what numbers do what. I've forgotten, though, so I will just have to get back to my research.

I was just trying, and it's pretty diffucult. I'll just wait until I get Lightwave in a few months, unless Lair of Rockwhales has any tips.

I can send you an activated version of lightwave(no activation or registration required ) if you want william.

How'd you fit so much levels? But, i would recommand you mix up the biomes sMix the biome types up so its like: rock, lava, sand, ice, ice rock, lava sand...etc. It will become better to play then.

Also when do you plan to release this friend?

I can have it done by the end of this year. And to fit more levels, you need to edit the level select screen, located in Interface, LEVELPICKER. Well I guess I could mix up the biomes, I already have it mapped like that in the CFG, but I guess I could do that. I'll also let other members decide what they would want. That or release two versions. So anyway, I just need to do the animations, make better monsters, and finish the animations levels.

• Cyrem changed the title to (WIP) Boulder Raiders
  • ShadowDraikana locked this topic