(WIP) Boulder Raiders

William

I can send you an activated version of lightwave(no activation or registration required ) if you want william.

I think you two need to review the Forum Rules again.

Do Not Post Illegal Material

This refers to posting any form of pirated materials such as applications/games, including distribution of torrent links to users.

And don't think that you can share links through PMs. Members long ago have tried that and they still got caught.

I was just trying, and it's pretty diffucult. I'll just wait until I get Lightwave in a few months, unless Lair of Rockwhales has any tips.

I can send you an activated version of lightwave(no activation or registration required ) if you want william.

YAR HAR FIDDLY DEE...damn Cirevam got it first.

And to fit more levels, you need to edit the level select screen, located in Interface, LEVELPICKER.

It was always my assumption that the LEVELPICKER images size did not effect the amount of levels you could add, but rather the level links and placement entries in the .cfg.

It was always my assumption that the LEVELPICKER images size did not effect the amount of levels you could add, but rather the level links and placement entries in the .cfg.

I forgot to mention that. You need to do that either way, but it's going to look out-of-place and weird if you don't edit the Level Select Screen.

browse.php?u=Oi8veW91Y2hldy5uZXQvd2lraS9

This refers to posting any form of pirated materials such as applications/games, including distribution of torrent links to users.

And don't think that you can share links through PMs. Members long ago have tried that and they still got caught.

Ok. Do e-mails also count to this rule? (Oh and Cirevam I forgot o ask you this ealier, 40KEndraider told me to ask you how to make light wave models for LRR.)

browse.php?u=Oi8veW91Y2hldy5uZXQvd2lraS9

Ok. Do e-mails also count to this rule? (Oh and Cirevam I forgot o ask you this ealier, 40KEndraider told me to ask you how to make light wave models for LRR.)

Is your email connected to RRU?

Ok. Do e-mails also count to this rule?

I think the point of the matter here is that you shouldn't do it, full stop.

To answer your question, no.

Depends on the style of the cutscene. If it's in-game footage, fraps. If LRR-style, lightwave.

You know, if you've got 67 levels done, could you, I don't know, show us some screenshots?

I'm uploading a cutscene (actually an intro video) that I made, so you can see what a fanmade one looks like. View it here:

I just wanted to know how to make cutscenes. I'm assuming there are, but are they any special programs you need?

Lightwave or your animation program of choice is presumably all you need. LegoRR doesn't allow in-game cutscene rendering like the later LEGO games do (although you can create scenes like Half-Life and CoD).

You know, if you've got 67 levels done, could you, I don't know, show us some screenshots?

I will soon. I just haven't taken the time to do that yet.

I'm uploading a cutscene (actually an intro video) that I made, so you can see what a fanmade one looks like. View it here: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=EjtvFocHrtE

So how do you make something like that in Lightwave? Is it basically just like making a scene? By the way, I've been the first view on all your Rock Raiders videos so far, except on a few someone else was watching it at the same time I was but still, I guess that counts. Lava Laughter was my favorite, I should stop talking off-topic though and just talk about that in your walkthrough topic.

Exactly, it is a scene. Lightwave lets you render videos of your scene in varying formats, and you can apply several post-render effects by adjusting the camera's properties, such as antialiasing and motion blur. Judging from what happened with the one I uploaded, I would not recommend rendering as an MOV for the final version. AVI might be better, but I haven't tried that one yet.

That all depends. Uncompressed AVIs are huge but can look good, MOV could have problems because Quicktime is a Power Miner, and WMV looks like crap because it can't compress stuff efficiently but everyone here shouldn't have a problem with viewing it. I use MP4 for all of my Youtube videos because they look the best, and the reason why the format of the render matters is because Vegas changed the video's contrast when I re-rendered it, so everything up until the RRU picture was way darker than normal. I'm not sure if MP4 would work fine for LRR but I know WMV does.

Lightwave 7 gives me the option to render as AVI, MOV, or storyboards... whatever those are. Either way, you'll have to get them down to a reasonable filesize if you want to distribute them.

Either way, you'll have to get them down to a reasonable filesize if you want to distribute them.

Hogwash. I'll download overhauls no matter the filesize of the whole distribution. Don't jip me on the intros. D:

If the files are huge, I'll just make different downloads like Cirevam did for Time Raiders. And can everyone rate my gallery images so I know if I should change anything? Forget about the Water and Lava monsters though, they are definately getting changed, but rate the textures. And by rate I mean commenting too.

Either way, you'll have to get them down to a reasonable filesize if you want to distribute them.

Hogwash. I'll download overhauls no matter the filesize of the whole distribution. Don't jip me on the intros. D:

My sentiments exactly.

When Cirevam said "Distribute", though, I had a mental picture of "YOUTUBE VIDEOS", not "including in an overhaul and distributing said overhaul".

I was playing around with the files yesterday, and I've found a way to fix the game's AI. After I did what I did, they stopped running across corners of the lava, they now finish clearing rubble before they pick up the ore, and they drill the closest walls first. What I'm getting at is, would it be illegal to distribute the EXE with this?

By the way Cirevam, not that you don't deserve it, but how did your thanks go up by 15 overnight? Because that's impressive.

My thanks?... oh, they're at 27 now. That's weird, and I have no idea who did that unless someone went through a bunch of old posts and thanked them to try to refute a point I made a while ago.

Also, I forgot to answer this: antialiasing smooths out the blockiness that can appear in images. I'll give you some examples since people want me to clutter your topic.

No AA

AA

I don't mind if you clutter it. It would help after all, just spoiler it. And can someone answer if would it be illegal to include the EXE with the fixed AI?

You're serious?

...he's serious. Yes it's illegal. That's why we don't do it. You could post a list of the necessary changes and we could edit our own EXEs, but you cannot redistribute the modified EXE itself.

Alternate answer: [5:03:31 PM] Doc: Depends on if he actually fixed it or not.

I thought it was, but I wanted to make sure because I rewrote the entire file AI actually. I'll try to make a list, but it would be really long and I'd need to remember everything I did. I'll definately work on it though.

I'm adding the new biomes now, and I wanted to know, would it be possible to make high-poly walls, meaning with boulders sticking out of them, and energy crystals and ore on seams? Sorry if it's been discussed before, I didn't find anything about it though. And also, does each biome need a pro-mesh I think it's called? And apparently I did not fix them running across the corners of the lava, it must of been a fluke because they're doing it again. They are still doing the other stuff I mentioned though.

And Cirevam, are those screenshots showing antialiasing from cutscenes for Time Raiders?

I'm adding the new biomes now, and I wanted to know, would it be possible to make high-poly walls, meaning with boulders sticking out of them, and energy crystals and ore on seams? Sorry if it's been discussed before, I didn't find anything about it though. And also, does each biome need a pro-mesh I think it's called?

If I'm remembering things correctly, the ProMesh is the things sticking out of the walls, but you can only see it in eye view.

• Cyrem changed the title to (WIP) Boulder Raiders
  • ShadowDraikana locked this topic