(WIP) Boulder Raiders

William

Well I can tell you how to get them to finish clearing rubble before they pick up the ore. There are a list of priorities in it, look here to see a list, just put AI_Priority _Ore in front of AI_Priority_Clearing. Do the same it the CFG, in every instance of a list of Priorities.

Well I can tell you how to get them to finish clearing rubble before they pick up the ore. There are a list of priorities in it, look here to see a list, just put AI_Priority _Ore in front of AI_Priority_Clearing. Do the same it the CFG, in every instance of a list of Priorities.

>:t

We've known how to change the order of priorities since... since the game came out and there was that little "priorities" tab.

You're avoiding giving a straight answer.

And I already said, I'm not allowed to post videos, I would need to find another way to prove it.

Why no videos? You can explain how you did it. The only thing you can't do here is share the already modified exe.

3. I hardly did anything in the EXE, I edited only one line.

You claim you 'fixed' the AI by editing a single line. What the frost. That better have been a really important line.

And Cyrem is right. I know you want to keep most of the mod a secret for now but there's nothing wrong with posting videos showing general mods.

All I did was rearrange the AI priorities, it wasn't very diffucult. And I would like to post a video, but my mom doesn't want me to post videos, remember I'm only 13.

Congratulations. We've known how to rearrange the priorities in the CFG for at least a year. We also know how to edit the AI in limited ways through the PTL level files. Don't claim to be doing something that you're not.

Sorry, I keep calling them priorities, I mean AI though. I rearranged the AI, not the priorities.

SO HOW DID YOU REARANGE THE AI THROUGH THE EXE?

1. 17 never is, never has been and never will be a valid block number. Hex is always in 8-digits, and you failed to give me a correct offset either
  2. Editing a file doesn't change it's initial block size, giving me your edited block size would have worked because I still would have been able to figure out what lines were edited or not
  3. Nobody else here has ever done this before, you're the first
  4. s0d3rb3rg does not know; he stated clearly he has no idea
  5. When I even changed 1 digit for those lines, LegoRR crashed

I've put so many bullet holes in your theory, I can only call a fake unless you can prove it through video.

1. I guess I shouldn't have assumed what block size was. What is it then? I'm very uninformed because my hex-editor doesn't have anything about it, and I've never read about it. And 14A70 is valid offset. I can show you a picture if you want.

2. I said it may, but I was talking about the offset, and I didn't know if it mattered.

3. I hardly did anything in the EXE, I edited only one line.

4. I said he may, I was not saying definately. It's just he found the AI Priorities so I thought he might.

5. Did you code it right?

And I already said, I'm not allowed to post videos, I would need to find another way to prove it.

1. Damn right you shouldn't have. Crap like that makes people very upset
  2. Pfft.
  3. See below
  4. He found out the same way most of the modding here was found out; using a Hex Editor to take a quick peak
  5. I followed your instructions, my majesty

It could just be done the .cfg, and the effect would be the same.

Cirevam, in order to do this, you need to modify both, the CFG and the EXE. I know you've been able change the priorities in the CFG.

Lair of Rockwhales, I already said, I'm using a hex-editor and notepad. You need to modify it then code it properly.

Extreme110, I never told you how to code it. I only told you the location you were asking for. And even if you change the priorities in the CFG they still pick up the ore before they finish clearing the rubble, even if ore is set higher than rubble clearing.

If I edit the CFG entry for a level to rearrange the priorities, they will start in the rearranged order when I go into the level. I don't need the EXE for that. If you really want raiders to shovel rubble completely before picking up the ore, click on the rubble and click Clear Rubble, or tell a raider to clear it directly.

Extreme110, I never told you how to code it. I only told you the location you were asking for.

No, sir, you've misunderstood me. You told me where you thought the code was. You were wrong, very wrong.

Lair of Rockwhales, I already said, I'm using a hex-editor and notepad. You need to modify it then code it properly.

SO THEN HOW DO YOU DO THE EDIT

:rf:

SO THEN HOW DO YOU DO THE EDIT

:rf:

Did you notice how he said "notepad"?

That s*** is f***ED UP.

If I edit the CFG entry for a level to rearrange the priorities, they will start in the rearranged order when I go into the level. I don't need the EXE for that. If you really want raiders to shovel rubble completely before picking up the ore, click on the rubble and click Clear Rubble, or tell a raider to clear it directly.

I tried that and it never worked, they would always clear the first two stages then pick up all the ore before they would finish, even if I told them to do it directly. That was why I tried to fix it in the EXE, maybe there was something wrong with my game.

When will This Awesome overhaul be out? I Hope it is before Christmas . :D:)

It depends on when I get Lightwave, if I get it soon I could have it done by the end of the year. All I need to do is make the animations.

And sorry I didn't respond for awhile, I couldn't get online.

I'm going to keep nagging you until you give us some kind of explimation on how you fixed the AI, unless you didn't and you're making things up :|

I'm going to keep nagging you until you give us some kind of explimation on how you fixed the AI, unless you didn't and you're making things up :|

He "did", after I forced it out of him. Couple posts back, mate.

You didn't force it out of me Extreme, Lair asked and I told him part of what I did. And that was only how I fixed the problem I was having because changing the priorities in the CFG didn't work for me. I haven't told you how to fix the actual AI yet, because I had to alter the computer codes.

You had to alter bullbrick. Quit lying out of your parphole. It's clear you have no idea what you're talking about. Either stop making the crystal biome so you can put that time into proving your claims or turn off your computer, pick up a good book, and go outside.

"What was that about the crystal biome, Cirevam?" I already told some of you this, but William is perfectly capable of making biome textures and is making some for me, even though I didn't ask. They're not too shabby so far. This proves he is capable of modding, but only in one area.

I haven't told you how to fix the actual AI yet, because I had to alter the computer codes.

I'm waiting. I'd like to see what kind of .exe edits are possible.

I will but not for a while, first I'm going to finish the crystal biome for Cirevam, then I'm going to finish Boulder Raiders so everyone knows that I'm not lying about it, then finally I will tell you how I edited the EXE. Until then just forget I ever said anything about it, think that I'm lying if you want to, because before I do that I want to finish those two things.

I will but not for a while, first I'm going to finish the crystal biome for Cirevam, then I'm going to finish Boulder Raiders so everyone knows that I'm not lying about it, then finally I will tell you how I edited the EXE.

And how long will that take then? Remember how long others have worked on their mod. Seems you're stalling for time.

Until then just forget I ever said anything about it

No.

Go back to making Cirevam's stuff.

1. I'm going to finish Boulder Raiders so everyone knows that I'm not lying about it

2. Then I will tell you how I edited the EXE.

You can't do 1. without doing 2. first. You're not allowed to distribute your exe with your mod and thus people can't play your mod like you made it until you tell everyone how to make their exe exactly like yours. So even if you do finish your mod and upload it, it doesn't prove anything about whether or not you're lying about the exe.

• Cyrem changed the title to (WIP) Boulder Raiders
  • ShadowDraikana locked this topic