PWB Converter 0.9

Cyrem

The program converts PWB Files into ini files... which are much easier to read and edit. It will only convert them to an ini, it can't convert back yet. That is coming soon.

Usage: Put the program in the folder where a POWERUP.PWB file is and run it.
Download: Download
Requirements: .Net Framework 2

Thanks to origamiguy of course for the PWB docs.

Edited by Slimy Slug
Updated download link

JrMasterModelBuilder

Sweet!

You might want to fix this for a reconverted:

COLOURED BRICKS]

this is how the converted files starts. I think you want a "[".

Sweet!

You might want to fix this for a reconverted:

COLOURED BRICKS]

this is how the converted files starts. I think you want a "[".

Yeah I might need to fix that :P

Thanks.

• 3 months later...

So... when is the bug fix and re-compiler coming? This is the first real mod to LR1, but since the program is not finished we cannot mod. :(

So... when is the bug fix and re-compiler coming? This is the first real mod to LR1, but since the program is not finished we cannot mod. :(

Origamiguy is making a universal converter which works with multiple file types which contain the same structure.

Origamiguy is making a universal converter which works with multiple file types which contain the same structure.

Ok. But he hasn't posted any updates lately, and there is still a lot of stuff to work our before he can (fully) write that converter. In the mean time, I would love to mess with the power ups themselves. I could do some fun... stuff. :P

So could you perhaps finish this converter so we can mod the powerups while we wait for origamiguy's universial converter?

• 9 months later...

I'm sorry if that's a stupid question, but... is there any way to turn the converted and edited files into something the game can actually use, without the help of a re-converter?

I'm sorry if that's a stupid question, but... is there any way to turn the converted and edited files into something the game can actually use, without the help of a re-converter?

It seems unlikely. If the game uses the pwb files, it will most likely have to be converted into the same format again before the game can read the files.

Anything, that would turn the converted files back into the first files, would actually be a reconverter. :P

I've got the algorithm for a universal recompiler ticking away in the back of my head. Maybe soon it'll end up getting typed into an IDE.

• Like 2

I've got the algorithm for a universal recompiler ticking away in the back of my head. Maybe soon it'll end up getting typed into an IDE.

Oh, that would be great, thank you! :)

Oh yes, please do it soon, origami! LR is just begging to be modded.

• 1 year later...
James Gryphon

It doesn't look like anything ever came of this, but I figured it would be worth asking if a recompiler was ever made. I'm having a frustrating time wrestling with the graphical PWB editor, and I think the ability to edit PWB files in text would speed things up tremendously.

It doesn't look like anything ever came of this, but I figured it would be worth asking if a recompiler was ever made. I'm having a frustrating time wrestling with the graphical PWB editor, and I think the ability to edit PWB files in text would speed things up tremendously.

You mean like >this universal editor that covers most of the game's formats?

• ShadowDraikana changed the title to PWB Converter 0.9

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.