dead_name

Hey origami. You can stop working on fixing that DirectX error if you want. I just found a computer that had that error, and after looking at the error message carefully, I found out what was wrong.

The error message says that the program can not find a file on the computer. It's nothing to do with the viewer.

@Everyone who has the error!

Go to the link below and download the exe. Run it and let it download everything it wants. When it's done, launch the viewer. It will load right up! No need to reboot!

http://www.microsoft...ails.aspx?id=35

The page says it updates DX up to 9.0c. But you run Vista/7, you don't need that? Doesn't matter. Vista/7 runs 9.0c programs. You are missing some DX files on your machine. That program will get anything you are missing and will get the viewer up and running. ;)

I knew the problem was a problem with it not finding the right version of DirectX. I hadn't done the research into how to resolve that. Thank you! I'll likely bundle that installer into the next release.

I knew the problem was a problem with it not finding the right version of DirectX. I hadn't done the research into how to resolve that. Thank you! I'll likely bundle that installer into the next release.

You're welcome!

As for the installer, I think it might be better to just put the link in the readme. Microsoft might update it, and I'm not sure it you can distribute it in the first place.

Oh, you might want to quote me in the first post (or reword it to fit better) so everyone will see the fix easier. ;)

EDIT: Videos of all the tracks are live! Complete with checkpoints, powerups, and Skyboxes (whenever they worked)! Click the link below to view them!

http://www.youtube.c...A6994A8F4886AFA

Edited by le717

I'm trying to upload a video of the Pirate Skull Pass shortcut... But it's in AVI format, so it might take a while...

You know you can click the YT link above and you'll see most of the tracks, right? :P

As for the AVI, compress it to mp4 via Freemake Video Converter. It works wonders. ;)

I have got to be the most active person on this thread, and maybe on the entire Racers section. :P

First, a bug report. If I load the skybox in the test track, then the powerups, the skybox vanishes unless I remove the powerups. It may have happened on some other tracks too, but I would have to go back and check.

Second, I uploaded a video of my thoughts about the cut Knightmare-Athon shortcuts. It's basically Jamesster's video that he did an while back, but it's done completely with the GDB viewer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcQBamdTANo

Pardon the mistakes, I don't do videos with my voice much (That is only my second video I've uploaded with my voice in it). I've corrected myself in the description.

I have got to be the most active person on this thread, and maybe on the entire Racers section. :P

Probably. I'm the most productive though ;P

If I load the skybox in the test track, then the powerups, the skybox vanishes unless I remove the powerups. It may have happened on some other tracks too, but I would have to go back and check.

I'm aware of this one. I'm not entirely sure why it happens. It's probably a really simple mistake i've not spotted.

Since I'm slowly giving all of my Racers stuff a massive rewrite, I'm not going to attempt a patch now. It can wait until I get to rewriting GDB Viewer from scratch. It's not a critical bug by any means.

Probably. I'm the most productive though ;P

True. But that's just because I don't know any coding language at all. ;P

I'm aware of this one. I'm not entirely sure why it happens. It's probably a really simple mistake i've not spotted.

Since I'm slowly giving all of my Racers stuff a massive rewrite, I'm not going to attempt a patch now. It can wait until I get to rewriting GDB Viewer from scratch. It's not a critical bug by any means.

You're rewriting the Viewer again? I thought V2 was already a rewrite? What are your plans for V3 then? Hopefully being able to load multiple GDBs, and powerups, as well as a bug fix.

You're rewriting the Viewer again? I thought V2 was already a rewrite? What are your plans for V3 then? Hopefully being able to load multiple GDBs, and powerups, as well as a bug fix.

V1 was based on hacky code. V2 was based on cleaner library code. V3 is going to be based on my all-new superawesome library.

my all-new superawesome library.

Is that what you haven't told anybody about yet? :P

Anyway, I can't wait for V3! But then that means I'll have to do my videos all over again. :( That won't be too bad. Maybe by then we can load the textures!

Is that what you haven't told anybody about yet? :P

Nope :)

The thing I haven't told anybody about will use the library as its core though.

Nope :)

The thing I haven't told anybody about will use the library as its core though.

Come on! You're driving me crazy with this secret program/whateveritis! Tell us already! :P

But you did just give us a hint of what this thing is. It will use your new modding library at it's core, and you already have programs for the GDBs, Checkpoints, PWBs, Animations, MIBs, BMPs, SKBs, SRFs, but it's not the universal mod tool. Maybe it's...

A pink polka-dotted purple dinosaur!

:P

I really have no idea what it could be. Perhaps you've coded a new LR1 that has a in-game modding functions? That would be cool.

• 2 weeks later...

How excatly do we use this? :?:

Because i went ot the lego racers directory that i installed and i can't find any of the files that the program needs? :'(

HELP! :0

How excatly do we use this? :?:

Because i went ot the lego racers directory that i installed and i can't find any of the files that the program needs? :'(

HELP! :0

Extract your JAM first and look in the extracted files.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Fluffy Cupcake

The link is broke and needs to be fixed. Until then, would someone be so kind as to send this over to me? Thanks.

The link is broke and needs to be fixed. Until then, would someone be so kind as to send this over to me? Thanks.

I got the same results... :(

I got the same results... :(
Thanks capt. obvious. If the link is broke it won't work for anyone. >_>

Yes, I realized that. My disappointment got in the way of my line of thought. As my emotional thoughts usually do.

Again, if origamiguy does not mind, I have reuploaded them here. Enjoy. ;)

GDB Viewer 2 Beta 2

GDB Viewer 2 Beta 1

Thanks, le717.

• ShadowDraikana changed the title to GDB Viewer 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.