Lu Ivantest

Mythrun

What do you mean "view" it? Do you mean like make a copy of it elsewhere on your computer and use a Hex Editor to view the copy?

If you open the file, it shows some normal text and a lot of weird characters. I'm trying to find a way to view it normally without the weird characters appearing.

If you are seeing nonstandard unicode characters, then the file was never designed to be viewed in notepad or another plain-text editor and is not in a plain-text format (by the file extension, it sounds like a kind of binary). You will need to find a program that can either directly view the files or convert them to a plain-text type format.

If you open the file, it shows some normal text and a lot of weird characters. I'm trying to find a way to view it normally without the weird characters appearing.

*head-rocketbooster*

You're new to modding in general, aren't you? You can't just "open" any file with notepad and mod it. It doesn't work.".fdb" Is some form of Database. Most database files are made up of extra data, which isn't text. Saving these files after opening them in notepad will most likely corrupt them.

You need to get yourself a Hex Editor. It's a special kind of program which allows you to edit ANY file, without corrupting it. I personally recommend Hex Workshop v6.1, if you have some cash. If not, there are still plenty of free alternatives; they just don't have the extra bells and whistles that HW offers (you probably wouldn't need them, now that I think of it).

When you have a Hex Editor, tell me. I'll guide you through how they work.

I'm not trying to mod it, the file was originally a .xml file, but they changed the format to .fdb sometime during Beta and now most of the file is not viewable.

I'm not trying to mod it, the file was originally a .xml file, but they changed the format to .fdb sometime during Beta and now most of the file is not viewable.

Alright, if you open it in any Hex Editor you'll be able to read it just fine. Normally, the right column has the text, and the left has the Hex Codes, which you don't need.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.