Extracting The Resource Files

Cyrem

There are 3 resource archives for LegoLand, 2 graphics ones and one that has strings and indexes. You can find them in the 'Volumes' folder in your install directory. The files are:

• Graphics1.res
  • Graphics2.res
  • Legoland.res

I found a script thown together by aluigi on Xentax to extract the archives through QuickBMS. To extract them, download both files in the links below. When you start QuickBMS, open the script file, then open the RES archive and finially select where you want to extract.

Download QuickBMS
Download Extraction Script

Now, some files are in common formats, however there is also a load of uncommon files such as a large amount of game sprites that seem to be in a custom format.

Enjoy.

• 3 years later...

Has there been any progress to modding the game?

​One of the problems is that it loads files off the disc. I'll try make a copy of the disc with modified files today and see if I can get it to load that instead.

​One of the problems is that it loads files off the disc. I'll try make a copy of the disc with modified files today and see if I can get it to load that instead.

​One other option is a virtual drive. That way you don't waste any discs.

• Cyrem unpinned this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.