save question

apemax

Well, would we need anything that we dont already have to make a program like that?

Ice . Honestly, i'm not sure even where to begin with freezing programs and what the limitations are.

The Hibernate function in Windows saves a snapshot of the RAM and saves it to the hard drive so you can turn the computer on later and have your programs running like they were when you hibernated it. I doubt a game like Rock Raiders would be stable enough to pick up from where it left off like that. Most games I have end up crashing if you put the computer into sleep mode and wake it up again. Some programs even freeze my whole computer if I do that.

The Hibernate function in Windows saves a snapshot of the RAM and saves it to the hard drive so you can turn the computer on later and have your programs running like they were when you hibernated it. I doubt a game like Rock Raiders would be stable enough to pick up from where it left off like that. Most games I have end up crashing if you put the computer into sleep mode and wake it up again. Some programs even freeze my whole computer if I do that.

I think I have put my PC on standby when running RR, but when you come back the window stays black. So technically, freezing it worked :P .

Hmm... I think this might be possible, by dumping the RAM allocated to RR, saving the position of the "cursor" in the executable, and saving the result to disk, so that you can restore it later.

However, I don't have a clue how to do this or program a tool that can do this. >.>

What is probably possible is running another copy of windows in a virtual machine, and then freezing the VM, so you can restore it later. Again, don't ask me how.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.