Lego City: Undercover

Fluffy Cupcake

Fluffy Cupcake

I know this mentioning of this game isn't new because it was mentioned before (though there never was a topic on here about it), but during the E3 Nintendo conference came a trailer video.
*steals HD video from Jamesster's post*

It uses the same engine as the other TTGames, thought it seems a bit different, and it isn't based on a liscened theme, yay!

It sucks that it is only on Wii U and coming later on 3DS (I think it is only those two), I wanted a PC version. cry.png

lol username

Dang, just beat me to making the topic. Does being 40 minutes late count as you ninja'ing me? ... No? Aw well. :P

Anyway, looks like the game was renamed from LEGO City Stories to LEGO City: Undercover. Higher quality version of the trailer:

This looks freaking awesome. I seriously might buy a Wii U just for this. :D

Did anybody notice the random citizen with Snap Lockitt's Island Xtreme Stunts shirt at 1:45? Maybe we'll get some other LEGO Island character parts? I'd love to be able to run around a completely open world LEGO City as Pepper. :af:

Fluffy Cupcake

Higher quality version of the trailer:

-video-

This looks freaking awesome. I seriously might buy a Wii U just for this. :D

Did anybody notice the random citizen with Snap Lockitt's Island Xtreme Stunts shirt at 1:45? Maybe we'll get some other LEGO Island character parts? I'd love to be able to run around a completely open world LEGO City as Pepper. :af:

I stole the video and put it into the first post. :P

I lol'd at the random LOZ sound (1:35) and the fact there was a Mario pipe at the end.

Yeah, it does kind of make me want to get one too.

No, I didn't notice that actually, nice! Pepper would be cool, but I doubt it will happen (unless he is some type of super secret character/outfit).

1. This game looks AWESOME! I recorded the Nintendo E3 show, and the whole time the WB guy was on stage, I was waiting for him to mention this (he didn't. He just showed off shoot-them-up, gory games instead). Then I remember Reggie announced it last year, so he might end up doing it again. And he did.

2. Pros: English voices, Original story line, mario pipes. (PLEASE PLEASE BE IN THE GAME! :P) It's the same engine, no doubt about that (you know they changed the engine core in LSWIII, right?), but they've made it different by using it open-world.

3. Cons: WiiU and 3DS only. I'm with you on a PC version. I like my PC much better than my Wii, and I would rather play this on PC than WiiU or 3DS anyday. And this one game will not justify me going out and buying a WiiU. Doesn't matter. Price? Hehe. Judging from current Wii and

3DS prices, this game will be very expensive, for sure. New Wii games are $50, and 3DS are $40. What will WiiU games cost? $$$$$$$$.

4. The 3DS port will be different than the WiiU port. The 3DS will contain different gameplay, missions, and the like. Will that be good or bad remains to be seen. Thus, I didn't list it as a pro or con.

Overall: It's really cool. I think it would be a great game to play. But for me, the cons outweigh the pros. Again, I would play this game in a heart beat, but unless it's ported to PC (and it contains the SAME stuff as this, unlike LIJ2 and LAN play, which is CODED into the PC already), I won't be playing it. :(

Why is this not on xbox, playstation or PC or that handheld playstation thing, you know like every TT game ever has been and like they always talk about how they make games for every platform? Did they all drive rocks into their heads suddenly?

• Like 3

Why is this not on xbox, playstation or PC or that handheld playstation thing, you know like every TT game ever has been and like they always talk about how they make games for every platform? Did they all drive rocks into their heads suddenly?

Easy: Because nintendo bargined with them to do a WiiU/3DS only title for it's launch.

Inb4 kids start playing GTA after....

• Like 2

I think it will go as it did with Lego Star Wars: The complete saga. It used to not have a PC port, but was released for the PC some time after.

I think this game could turn out very nicely. It's just my thing, really. Lego city was always my favorite theme (apart from RR) and my favorite sub-theme was always Police.

By the looks of this, it's basically C.O.P.: LEGO Edition.

C.O.P. was a game for the DS by the same developers as Grand Theft Auto, however instead of playing as a career criminal, you're a reformed crook in a government sponsored program for reformed criminals that basically has them work with a police officer to take down crooks at large.

This game? Different storyline, same (although really toned down for younger audiences - C.O.P. barely got a T rating) gameplay, more or less. The disguise system is a neat idea, though. Wii U and 3DS only, huh? Go figure, I really can't figure out a way to implement the scanner without a second screen - switching between two screens would be a bit clunky.

Go figure, I really can't figure out a way to implement the scanner without a second screen - switching between two screens would be a bit clunky.

It could just be a little screen that would come up when you pressed a button, like the PDA in IXS.

Or it could work like in Metal Gear Solid. You enter a First-Person-View and then just move the view with the mouse. Simple.

lol username

The guy playing doesn't look like he knows what he's doing, but dang, this game looks really good! :D

One thing I noticed is that you collect bricks when you break stuff apart, not studs (which just sit around the world). I wonder what those will be used for?

Fluffy Cupcake

1:35, Octan Gas sign!

Yeah, they guy didn't seem to know at first.

Collecting bricks.. perhaps they are used for building things to make bonus levels?

Oboe Shoes

Hm, as much as I'm starting to just despise that Lego Star Wars game engine, this.. .looks promising, actually. I was planning on getting a Wii U anyway, so I'll probably pick this up.

Unlike Lego LOTR, This one looks.. different compared to the other TT games. Maybe it's the Wii U controller shenanigans, or maybe the fact that it's NOT A BLEEDING LISCENCED GAME. Either way, the dialogue looks genuinely funny, and there's this strange Lego Media/Software nostalgic feel to it.

• Like 3

Wow! I'm watching the first gameplay video, and this game does look awesome! Maybe it will be ported to the PC later on, as RR Rocks said.

Haha, 3:13. There's placeholder text "New Controller". :P

EDIT: I haven't even watched the first one, and you bring up more? Thanks, jamesster. Now I have to cut some time out from somewhere else to watch everything. :P

Edited by le717

• 1 month later...

This is probably going to be THE BEST LEGO GAME EVER!!!!! :)

Or the worst. It's only being produced for the worst console in the next generation (Is it 8 now?).

Then we could make a Lego GTA mod

You can port LEGO models, including the entire world, into the GTA IV engine. If I get a copy of the game, I'll extract the models and use the models to make a giant LEGO GTA IV overhaul.

You can port LEGO models, including the entire world, into the GTA IV engine. If I get a copy of the game, I'll extract the models and use the models to make a giant LEGO GTA IV overhaul.

We can already extract TT's model formats?

Or the worst. It's only being produced for the worst console in the next generation (Is it 8 now?).

Why do you think the Wii U is the worst console?!!? It's the first HD Nintendo console, so that should be a milestone!

We can already extract TT's model formats?

Sortta. You have to use 3D Printscreen thing, so it's not technically model extraction, but it works for now. I'm working on the model format, however.

Why do you think the Wii U is the worst console?!!? It's the first HD Nintendo console, so that should be a milestone!

It's an iPad you can only use when near a TV, which will also ruin gameplay and lead to many generic games being created for the console. It serves NO purpose other than to take $600 from our wallets and be a waste of time. I like the Microsoft way of doing this, by enabling a free feature which allows you to use any device you've already got at the controller IF YOU WANT, but it's not required and only serves to enhance gameplay or doing other features.

It's about as HD as the original Xbox.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.