Axel's Mod 1.5 (Updated, 4/10/2015)

Axel

I did the whole rockfall thing.  Basically, I have four RockFallStyles - Black, Grey, White, and Tan.  The White one had to have a tint of blue added in order to not look tacky on the Ice and Icerock biomes, and so I'll have to use something else for the Salt biome when I get to it.

NEW BIOME:

gallery_756_244_229137.png

More or less a variation on the Rock biome.

Also, the Sand biome's power paths currently have sand on them, and I thought it looked pretty cool.

gallery_756_244_466865.png

I'm thinking of redoing the Power Paths throughout the biomes to look more interesting.  Not sure what I'll do yet, but I've got some ideas.  Also, I might modify the floor in either the Ice or the IceRock biome, probably the latter, to add a bit of snowy material.

And here's an image of the Sand biome's now fully armed and operational rockfallstyle.

gallery_756_244_313811.png

• Like 7

All of these biomes you're making look really awesome. If I ever get around to playing LRR again, I might just have to install this just for the graphics, not to mention the mod itself.

Great work.

NEW POWER PATHS, MODIFIED ICE-ROCK BIOME

gallery_756_244_274169.png

Basically, the power paths that the Rock Raiders tend to avoid standing on for too long have been modified to look like you're not supposed to stand there.  In addition, any power path completely surrounded by other power paths will now be square.

The IceRock biome now has a different floor texture, as well.  I'm thinking of modifying the standard Ice biome slightly.

And if you noticed, I'm using high-poly Rock Raiders now.  The low-poly ones comparatively look terrible.

And though it is not visible in this image, I've changed the color of energy crystals slightly to better match their color in the videos and Lego sets.

Wow, I seriously love this mod. Those danger-stripe power paths are an excellent idea, as are the dirt smears on them. Excellent texture work, keep it up!

Honest question.  What is something you'd like to see in a mod?  Any issues in the vanilla game that would need adjustment?  Right now I have several main plans to improve the mod:

• 15 or more biomes
  • Spiders, scorpions, other creatures (possibly)
  • Environmental props/scenery
  • New maps
  • New map selection screen
  • Possibly new buildings/objects related to specific maps or missions
  • Hopefully I'll get some new tutorial missions working, too, to explain the gameplay in the mod.
  • Changing how power paths look

I'm thinking of making it so that the Small Mobile Laser Cutter and the Large Mobile Laser Cutter can't cross lava.  I've never really understood why this was changed in Baz's mod, and unless I was able to get a new animation for lava crossing, maybe involving a shield or something, I don't think it looks good.  At the same time, I'm not sure how to make certain vehicles seem worth building, specifically the hover scout and the laser platforms.  If anyone has ideas on this I could work with, it'd be greatly appreciated.

As for other things, I don't want to say too much in case I can't do something or whatever.

gallery_756_244_105942.png

NEW BIOME

I think this biome requires a very specific kind of map design, and I don't want to use this biome for more than one map (I'm thinking a tutorial).

In other words, if I want to script a tutorial, then this biome will be used.  If not, I don't know.  But I probably will.

Alan, I don't really know what I'll do about the vehicles at this point.  I feel like there can be some use to each vehicle, but that most won't be used regularly.  I don't want the laser cutters just driving across lava unless I can make that look like it makes sense.  But I don't mean that I want to get rid of any of the vehicles we already have.

-snip-

NEW BIOME

I think this biome requires a very specific kind of map design, and I don't want to use this biome for more than one map (I'm thinking a tutorial).

In other words, if I want to script a tutorial, then this biome will be used.  If not, I don't know.  But I probably will.

Cool new biome! I guess this should be on the surface? It really looks good and I can't wait to see the whole texture-pack!

Alan, I don't really know what I'll do about the vehicles at this point.  I feel like there can be some use to each vehicle, but that most won't be used regularly.  I don't want the laser cutters just driving across lava unless I can make that look like it makes sense.  But I don't mean that I want to get rid of any of the vehicles we already have.

I never said they should be able to drive across lava  :S but what I meant is that you could change the specifics of the vehicles to give them a unique function.

The Snake, and a prop-in-progress

gallery_756_244_65148.png

Thanks for converting and working on my model, Cirevam.

Does anyone know how to get it so that you can't build buildings and/or walk on the block this rock is on?  If you try to build something there currently, you cannot cancel construction because the object is still on top of the construction area.

gallery_756_244_149978.png

• Like 2

Make your boulder monster have a collision radius and height in the CFG and add an Activity_Crumble line to its AE file. Shooting it with a vehicle or building laser should kill it and make it disappear. If you don't want it to take more than one hit, add the line "health 1" to each boulder object in the level's OL file. Nearby dynamite should kill it too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, decided to try this overhaul out cuz it looks amazing and i enjoyed baz's. but not sure what file in the original post is newer. there is the main mod 1.5 but then the update says v1.0 just curious what to do first.

• 3 months later...
legorr2020

Is this mod still alive? The last post was from December 22, 2013, ?

Modified CFG file download link doesn't work. Reupload?

• 1 month later...

I'm slowly resurrecting it.  You'll just have to wait for a bit longer to see anything.  I felt bad that I'd let it die for a few months.

• Like 2

So I tried to slightly differentiate (and fix issues with) the two icy biomes:

dyvi1s.jpg

The default Ice biome, above, has been altered so that the lighting (now blue and purple, like the solid rock) is more consistent between wall types.  Also, now there isn't the awkward green splotches, most noticeable on the loose rock walls in the center of the image.

jrbup3.png
On the icy-rock biome (specifically created for Search 'n' Rescue, but then expanded to other things), the color scheme is a whitish with some blue - so I desaturated the excessive cyan color from the loose rock walls here and now they look a lot better together, in my opinion.

Syncmaster9233

Hi,

My game works fine normally but when I install your mod it crashes at the loading screen around 98% and says that LegoRR.icd stopped working.

My Brother installed it successfully so my CD isn't the problem.

I'm running windows 7 and I have tried doing the compatibility settings stuff and it still isn't working properly

• Cyrem pinned this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.