Modding Individual Rock Raiders

Drill Master

Drill Master

Does anyone know if it's possible to mod the Rock Raiders individually (say one you named) and make them look different from the other RR's? Ever since I played this game from release to now I've chosen 1 lucky RR to be called Drill Master, cause I'd upgrade him all the way and go 1st person and start drilling walls (this is how I got my user name). I've since found it harder to find my RR when I'm in 3rd person, so is there any way to make him look different from all the others?

Unfortunately no. Named raiders are stored in a separate save file (.osf I think) and they're brought down in order when you start a level or teleport in new raiders. Even with additional raider classes, the game assigns a named raider to whatever minifig it comes across first in a level. Example: In Time Raiders I could name a Technician "Bob." If I finish the level and the next level starts with a lot of Bruisers, one of them will likely be named "Bob." If not, one of the regular Time Raiders that get teleported in will be Bob.

Drill Master

Unfortunately no. Named raiders are stored in a separate save file (.osf I think) and they're brought down in order when you start a level or teleport in new raiders. Even with additional raider classes, the game assigns a named raider to whatever minifig it comes across first in a level. Example: In Time Raiders I could name a Technician "Bob." If I finish the level and the next level starts with a lot of Bruisers, one of them will likely be named "Bob." If not, one of the regular Time Raiders that get teleported in will be Bob.

Didn't the game originally have it set up to have different skins for different training, or am I thinking of something else? And there's no way to override this?

From beta screenshots we know Jet used to be the Rock Raider you would use instead of the generic Pilot (in fact that's probably why it's called Pilot), and two of her textures still exist in the game. There's also an image containing low-res textures of all five class raiders, so that and the commented-out names of the different raider classes that line up with trained skills is good evidence that trained raiders would either change their models or you would teleport down specialized raiders.

The only thing we can do with multiple raiders is change their skins, basic stats like running speed and drill times, and their animations. You can only teleport in one class of raider at a time and it's always the first one that appears in the CFG. The only reason to use extra raider classes is as a limited resource that should be better than the standard ones you can teleport in endlessly.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.