using this game

cookiesnm1lk

cookiesnm1lk

so recently i decided "i'm going to make a SCII map based on LegoRR" I was hoping to use the stuff from the actual game to do a lot of it. but alas, I went onto a tech site and posted "so how would one rip LegoRR apart and use it for their own nefarious purposes?" or something like that. the reply i got was "that's probably illegal b/c u don't have permission to do it." (b/c of that message, i attempted to synthasize my own buildings in Roblox. but that game/program is **** on a stick and deserves to die in a fire. i couldnt' do a ****ing thing.)

you guys here mod the **** out of this game. if that's legal, why would what i'm trying to do NOT be legal? what do you think?

also, same question here. what would i use to take the images, sounds, animatons and stuff apart so as to use it for my purpose? though i will probably make some units of my own as well. how would i do that? is there a digital lego editor or something? i no longer have 9001 legos to use. nor were they the right colors for this.

any help is appreciated!

Whoever told you it's illegal needs to get their head out of their butt. If you're not selling your maps it's perfectly alright. LEGO generally allows fans to make content based on LEGO products as long as there's no money changing hands, so it should be no different for LRR.

Whoever told you it's illegal needs to get their head out of their butt. If you're not selling your maps it's perfectly alright. LEGO generally allows fans to make content based on LEGO products as long as there's no money changing hands, so it should be no different for LRR.

I'm trying to figure out what that guy thought you meant, but yeah, he's gotten his head lodged firmly in his own anus.
  • Like 2

i'm going to make a SCII map based on LegoRR

Interesting. Please share once you've done it. I've been playing SCII since the beta so I'd be curious about the finished product.

Funny since there is a lot of Star Craft modding. If you're pulling stuff apart for you own use, no problem. Just don't start uploading and posting and unmodified files around. And, don't sell any of it.

cookiesnm1lk

a few more things...... so i know a few ppl have done some overhaul mods n' ****. are there images from them showing what was added so i can get some inspiration/know what to avoid doing?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.