PatchIt! 1.1.2

le717

PatchIt! Version 1.0.1 Stable is released! Notable changes:

• Added Settings reset option to Windows Installer
  • Added French and Dutch languages to Windows Installer (but app itself is in English)
  • Added FileNotFoundError exception to Patch Installation
  • Added colored shell text from LMS *
  • Fixed invalid PiP file error (read: If you have a broken PiP, and fix it, PatchIt! will no longer say it is invalid)
  • Preload now checks for empty file
  • Added PermissionError check to settings writing (If you don't have the rights to edit it, it will tell you)
  • Thumbs.db is automatically deleted if found (Fixes PermissionError when installing Patch) **

* The Shell color text is only temporary until a complete GUI is written. I needed something to break up the text and make some stuff stick out. However, it is buggy, and I will not be adding more of it.
 ** This was tricky to do, but I finally managed to do it. Basically, it checks for the existence of thumbs.db in your modding files, and if it finds it, it will silently delete it. I was unable to add a message saying this without it repeating how many times it deleted the file. No, it is not the best way to do it, but it works. In addition, Windows will recreate it. :)

I've had a lot of issues with this release, so if you find a bug or a broken element (not the shell text!), please report it at once.

Don't worry, there is no need to update your mods. They will be compatible until V1.1, in which I will fix some of the PiP's flaws. ;)

Get PatchIt! Version 1.0.1 Stable on the Topic Post!

Next up for Version 1.0.2 Stable: app logging code.

PatchIt! Version 1.0.2 Stable is released! Notable changes in this version:

• Colorized LEGO Racers gameplay tips
  • Corrected LEGO Racers gameplay tips formatting
  • Added new LEGO Racers gameplay tips, with help from Xiron
  • Changed color of LEGO Racers gameplay tips from Light Cyan to Light Green
  • Added App Logging code for main PatchIt! module
  • Added App Logging code for Patch Installation module
  • Added App Logging code for Patch Creation module
  • Various small fixes for both code and installer (see Read Me First.html for complete change log)

With help from Xiron, I've added some more LEGO Racers gameplay tips, formatted them, and colorized them so they stand out a bit more. However, from all the submissions, so far only 7 tips have been added. If someone who is not-baised toward who posted tips would step forward, they can be in charge of sorting through and submitting new tips.

The big news for this release, however, is the App logging. I've wanted this from the start, but just got around to doing it. It logs everything. Every error, every selection, every message, everything is logged. I've also added folder paths and file names into the log, much like Cyrem did with Patchman and other programs do, to provide more info and speed up debugging and bug fixes. If you want to see everything that is logged, just run PatchIt! and browse to "*location PatchIt! was installed*/Logs/TheWritingsofPatchIt.log" and read it all. You'll be confused very quickly.

At this stage in the development of PatchIt!, releases and features will be long and wide. Unless a critical bug has emerged in this version (or has carried over from older versions and never fixed), I will not be updating it too often while I work on other projects (ICU, Blender 2.6 LDraw Importer), and learn some more code (most likely TKinter code) to give PatchIt! a proper GUI. I'll also be refining the PiP format, to fix the inherit flaws I did not see to begin with.

If time permits, I plan on starting a PatchIt! Dev-log, in which I will convert my paper writings about various PatchIt! issues and notes onto the computer. This Dev-log will give my plan for the future of PatchIt!, as well as give you, the users, a chance to voice your options about the new changes and features. Again, this may not come soon, I am pretty busy with a lot of stuff, but I will try to do it soon.

Get PatchIt! Version 1.0.2 Stable from the Topic Post!

Yay! Updates looking good.

If someone who is not-baised toward who posted tips would step forward, they can be in charge of sorting through and submitting new tips.

Do you mean sorting through all the tips already submitted (with grammatical changes if necessary, etc.)? If so, I'm up for it, I have no biased feelings about anyone who posted.

If someone who is not biased toward who posted tips would step forward, they can be in charge of sorting through and submitting new tips.

Do you mean sorting through all the tips already submitted (with grammatical changes if necessary, etc.)? If so, I'm up for it, I have no biased feelings about anyone who posted.

That's what I mean. And by not biased, I mean someone who won't always picks the tips from a certain person.

If you want to, go ahead! I think the game tips are a good idea, but time has stopped me from sorting through all of them. I'm looking for a balance of tips: some beginner, some intermediate, some more advanced. There are a few duplicate tips, and some that don't make too much sense unless you know the context, but that leaves a a good many tips to sort through. Yes, with grammatical changes if necessary. I did say in the topic the tips may be slightly edited to fit into the program a bit better.

I forgot to say this last night: PatchIt! is in a completely stable release. There is a small bug dealing with a Permission error, but it is not a major thing. If anybody has been holding off updating their mods for PatchIt!, now is the time to stop procrastinating and update them.  Just remember to put the "PatchIt! Compatible" image on your topic so everyone knows that your mod is compatible. :)

If someone who is not biased toward who posted tips would step forward, they can be in charge of sorting through and submitting new tips.

That's what I mean. And by not biased, I mean someone who won't always picks the tips from a certain person.

If you want to, go ahead! I think the game tips are a good idea, but time has stopped me from sorting through all of them. I'm looking for a balance of tips: some beginner, some intermediate, some more advanced. There are a few duplicate tips, and some that don't make too much sense unless you know the context, but that leaves a a good many tips to sort through. Yes, with grammatical changes if necessary. I did say in the topic the tips may be slightly edited to fit into the program a bit better.

Alright, I'll sort through them and get back to you.

EDIT: PM'd you with a text file listing all the hints.

If someone who is not-baised toward who posted tips would step forward

Don't you think this is a little over the top? All tips that work should be included... why would you think someone would be biased over tips that work? The RRU Community isn't that low.

Don't you think this is a little over the top? All tips that work should be included... why would you think someone would be biased over tips that work? The RRU Community isn't that low.

Clearly I am secretly trying to sabotage his work from the shadows due to some deep set superiority complex I have.

And by not biased, I mean someone who won't always picks the tips from a certain person.

i know the RRU community is not that low. And yes, all tips that work should be added. As I quoted myself, I was thinking more of always using tips from a certain person rather than from various people.

Clearly I am secretly trying to sabotage his work from the shadows due to some deep set superiority complex I have.

OK... what?

PatchIt! Version 1.0.3 Stable is released! Notable changes:

• Many more LEGO Racers gameplay tips, thanks to JimbobJeffers, and there are still more to come!
  • Added PermissionError exceptions to some sections, fixes errors when PatchIt! is launched without Admin rights and closes without notice.
  • Fixed the crazy "*folder path* is not a valid command, batch script, blah,blah, blah" error that kinda ruined the excitement of successfully installing a mod.
  • Added a new Portable Switch to the Windows Installer. Just pass /PORTABLE=1 in the command line, and a completely portable installation will be installed.
  • And, of course, the obligatory smaller bug fixes and improvements.

Remember, I've started a PatchIt! Dev-log to let you guys know about the future changes, so if you have an issue with a proposed change, fix, or have a suggestion, please give your feedback! I do want to hear what you think should be done.

Truely, unless a bug or major error is reported, there will not be an update to PatchIt! until V1.1, as I plan to start working on it in the next few days.

Get PatchIt! Version 1.0.3 Stable on the Topic Post!

• 2 weeks later...

I have an idea I want to throw at you:, although I'm going on inactivity and can't read the replies until later:

.PiP file shell registration. If you were to click a PiP file, PatchIt would automatically load and run the Patch Installation module, allowing you to install it without directly opening PatchIt. At first, it would be added only via the Inno Setup installer (and not without your permission, of course), maybe later by that and a command-line parameter that activates it (I would have to use it for the registration anyway, so that wouldn't be hard), and finally a check added in preload(), and if it were not registered, you would be asked to do so. Clearly, this is Windows only (but hey, so is PatchIt :P), and it would not happen for a while (as in, after V1.1.1), but I thought I would go ahead and get some feedback.

I also added a link under the Downloads header in the topic post to an up-to-date change log, so you can get an idea of changes already made and coming in the next release.

I would very much like such an update. Plus, it would avoid the need of a GUI, as you would only need to download PatchIt!, set it up to the right directory once, and from then on just click the .PiP file to install mods (as you said).

• 3 weeks later...

For post number 800, I gladly present to you a new part of PatchIt! that I've kept quiet, except to a few people. This new part will help keep PatchIt!

up-to-date, and relevant for a while, and also introduces new opportunities down the road.

I speak, of course, of PatchIt! Version 1.1.0 Stable, which brings many improvements, fixes, and changes, some of which I needed to do earlier or wish I

didn't have to do at all. No, this is not a release announcement. That will not come for a little longer. However, this is an announcement for something

different.

In addition to all changes in this monster release, I have added support for sharing your LEGO LOCO maps and custom backgrounds.

Expanding PatchIt! to support other games is not a new idea: I've had it almost from the beginning. After I rewrote the code base in V1.0 Beta 2 and was

working on 1.0 Stable, both I and rioforce had the idea of supporting other LEGO games, and my new vision for PatchIt! was viable enough for doing so. We

tossed around some ideas, expanded them, scrapped some, but kept them all back until I started working on V1.1.0, which would be the best time to add it thanks

to all the other changes. After running into some blocks, we both finally managed to decide on a game, and LOCO was the choice.

Yes, LEGO LOCO is not moddable, understood. I do not plan on adding Cyrem's RF Extractor into PatchIt! like I do the JAM Extractor, but there are some

pretty sweet LEGO LOCO maps out there, like a recreation of Nimbus Station from LEGO Universe.

Complete support for LEGO LOCO maps and custom backgrounds is already coded into PatchIt!, and will be available in the next release. It takes major

advantage of the new features, such as the redesigned PiP, updated code, and a lot of other stuff. There's nothing special to be done to use it, it's just as

easy as making a Racers mod. The change log in the topic post has been updated with all the required info, so you can get a heads up on everything.

Don't worry, PatchIt! still is, and will continue to be a LEGO Racers mod installer. That was and still is my intention, and I have no plans on

changing that.

More details on the major updates in PatchIt! Version 1.1.0 Stable will be posted later, but I also want to announce something else.

Sometimes, the best testers of a program is not the developer or relatives. The developer can always find something to fix/change, and relatives always knows

what is going on. Sometimes, it is better for people outside the development to test stuff.

Since PatchIt! Version 1.1.0 Stable is such a big release, it is more likely some outstanding bugs or errors that I am missing. So I am issuing a call

for 5 (five) testers for this release. This is not a contest; the first 5 people to @mention this post and use the works "PatchIt! Up" in their response

(however you want) will receive a package to test PatchIt!, find any bugs or errors, and report them to me. I may not be doing this again, so this may

be a one time thing. If I do ask for more testers for a future release, anyone who agrees to be a tester now will have a reserved spot, and will be about the

test early. Anyone who wants to be a tester and did not join here will not get this privilege.

Keep in mind that this offer is also vaild on my blog, so you are not the only ones who get a chance at this!

The packages will not be sent out until there are two testers signed up. I still have to finish preparing them, and they may not be sent out for a few days (I

have no PC access most of the week). The package will be delivered in a group PM, and all necessary info will be in it.

If anyone has any questions about being a tester, any changes in PatchIt!, or just confused by what I said, please say so, and I'll try to clarify.

RobExplorien

So I am issuing a callfor 5 (five) testers for this release.

I'd like to apply for the test of PatchIt! Up v1.1.0. Though I cannot be much of an aid with LEGO LOCO testing, I can still work more with it on the LEGO Racers side of PatchIt!.

• 2 weeks later...

There are two more spots in the PatchIt! Version 1.1.0 Stable testers, so if someone wants to join, you still can!

Letting you guys know I've completed PiP File Format V1.1, and the documentation can be found here. The format layout is complete, but all the details are not present.

I'm saying this so I can lay out some Patch upgrade guidelines for anyone who has already created a PatchIt! Patch.

1. Upon the release of PatchIt! Version 1.1.0 Stable, there is no immediate need to upgrade your existing Patch. Installation code for legacy Patches created by V1.0.x still exists, and will exist until it is removed a few versions later (exact version unknown). Unless you have an update to your mod, you can continue using your current download.
  2. Legacy Patches are no longer created. Only V1.1 (AKA modern) Patches are written. The new format is completely incompatible with PatchIt! 1.0.x. I just might make a minor (V1.0.3.1) update to detect modern Patches and prompt you to get the newest version, but we will see.
  3. The PiP File Format V1.1 is the future of the PiP, and contains all the features of the legacy Patch plus more. There is no need to release two versions of your mod, one for the legacy and one for the modern.
  4. I will be creating a new PatchIt! Compatible icon for V1.1, to make it clear that your mod uses the newest version.

That's all I got for you.

• 2 weeks later...

I've released a small update: PatchIt! Version 1.0.3.1. Mainly a transition update from the PiP File Format 1.0.1 to 1.1, I backported a few small features from V1.1.0. The main feature of the release is the checking of Modern (V1.1) Patches, and prompting you to get a new version if found. Since there are no V1.1 Patches available yet, it is not needed, but it will be, thus a transition update. Although this is a minor update, I do recommend that everyone update to it. Once V1.1.0 is released, we'll have both legacy and modern Patches for a time, and this will help keep the two incompatible Patch version separate. :)

I've updated my PatchIt! Compatible icons (thanks to rioforce, the family graphics designer). All existing BBCode is broken, as I've done some cleanup. Everyone who has linked the image will need to remove it and add the new BBCode. The code can be found under the Downloads header. ;)

I've just released the PatchIt! Uninstaller, a tool written mainly for use in the installer for the upcoming PatchIt! Version 1.1.0 and future releases, but I figured I would release it separately.

It is a small tool that allows you to uninstaller one (or many) installations of PatchIt! with little effort. If you run the Exe by clicking on it, it will look for installations in the same directory it resides in. However, if you run it via the command line and pass a folder path after it, such as

PiUninstaller.exe "C:Program FilesPatchIt"
it will use that location to uninstall PatchIt! (Yes, it must be in quotes).

It is packaged as an x86 Windows Exe in an Zip archive, so it can be used on any computer.

As I said, this tool is mainly for use in the installer. PatchIt! Version 1.1.0 is a major release, and a lot of stuff I did in V1.0.x has been changed, or is now incompatible or will break 1.1.0. I've done my best to remedy this in the installer as much as possible, but there were a few things I could not do, so I wrote this. The best part about this is the uninstaller itself is not uninstalled if/when you remove PatchIt!, so you can use it later, and saves me from having to have the installer install it every time.

O.T.
Talk about a mouth full here

You can download the PatchIt! Uninstaller on the Topic Post, under the Downloads header.

Special thanks to @JrMasterModelBuilder for helping me with the ability to check for and uninstall multiple PatchIt! installations! :D

• 2 weeks later...

2 months, countless hours, nagging, questions, Dev-logs, and testing has all come down to this: the release of PatchIt! Version 1.1.0 Stable. :D

This release is a monster. With a 244 line change log, 19 instances of the word "fixed", 49 instances of the word "added", 17 instances of the word "changed", 11 instances of the word "new", almost (if not) all code edited, changed, rewritten, or improved, new code written, support for LEGO LOCO, a redesigned PiP File Format and app settings, questions galore (or so it seemed) to JMMB for help on various topics, and two different Release Candidates for the testers, this release grew way bigger then I ever thought it would be.

Before I state some of the major changes, I do need to give a very big thank you to @JrMasterModelBuilder for helping me with my many questions, and @Hobino, @JimbobJeffers, and @RobExplorien for their valuable reports, tests, and issues they found in the RCs. They picked out many areas and issues I would have otherwise overlooked, and has made PatchIt! better because of their hard work. Good job guys, thank you very much!

Now, for the greatly condensed changes that make this release so great:

• Completely redesigned PiP File Format, allowing greater expansion and removing issues I did not see when in 1.0.x; complete documentation available
  • Backward compatibility for Legacy PiP File Format, details here
  • Basic support for LEGO LOCO, as outlined here
  • Every last LEGO Racers gameplay tip, as sorted out by @Xiron, @JimbobJeffers and myself
  • Experimental .PiP integration into Windows Explorer, as asked for by @JimbobJeffers *
  • New command-line parameters, --test, --help, with the former allowing access to experimental, upcoming features to PatchIt *
  • Changed confirmation requirements for LEGO Racers installation **
  • Updates to Windows Installer, including addition of PatchIt! Uninstaller
  • Addition of Tkinter dialog boxes for Python version check, Log initialization errors, PatchIt! About Box ***

* The command-line parameters and Explorer shell extension are greatly experiential. The registry code for the shell may not be correct, so it may not always work, and changes are expected. The command-line parameters are based on the code JMMB used for the --verbose option in JAM Extractor 1.0.2, and is subject to tweaking. The --help parameter cannot be combined with anything else. If you want to use both the shell extension and the --test parameter, the file path must come after PatchIt.exe, and before --test.

** The requirements for LEGO Racers have changed to check for LEGORacers.exe, LEGO.JAM, and GolDP.dll. If those cannot be found, the installation cannot be set. You still need to have LEGO.JAM extracted and located in the same place as LEGORacers.exe to install mods; installation procedure is still being developed. However, PatchIt! checks if you have an 1999 or 2001 release, and writes the result in the settings. The LEGO LOCO requirements are available on the Topic Post.

*** These give a taste of what is to come for PatchIt!. In future releases... I don't even have to say what will happen, you already know. :P I added these because they were easy(-ish) to add. Also, the about box sometimes glitches the main menu display. I can do nothing about it, but it does not affect functionally.

Get PatchIt! Version 1.1.0 Stable on the Topic Post!

EDIT: I just had to update the installer to add some missing double quotes to the shell extension to allow installation of Patches who resided in folders with spaces in the names. The fixed installer is date-stamped 5/18/2013 5:19 PM (EST). If your installer is older than this date, please download the newest version. or follow these steps to manually fix the error:

• Open regedit
  • Browse to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.PiPshellopencommand
  • Add a pair of double quotes around the %1
  • It should now look something like C:Program FilesPatchItPatchIt.exe "%1"

This is kinda hard to announce, but it must be done.

If you wish to release a mod using PatchIt!, or were planning to update your existing mod to 1.1.0, you need to read this.

Do not, repeat, do not use PatchIt! Version 1.1.0 Stable. Instead, use PatchIt! Version 1.0.3.1 Stable.

Now why would I announce such a thing, considering 1.1.0 was a long time coming, and is superior to 1.0.3.1 in every way?

The answer lies in the details of a bug the testers point out, and we've called "Traveling Files". In short (details available in Issue #4), I could (hypothetically) make a malicious LEGORacers.exe, make a Patch, and offer it for download. Anyone who installed my "Patch" would then receive a virus, and would not know about it (unless anti-virus found it). Now, PatchIt! does not have a game launcher (and I don't plan on adding one unless there is demand for it), so PatchIt! in itself cannot launch the virus. However, once you launch the "game" from a shortcut, boom, you're hit. And since PatchIt! has no way to detect what files are being added, it can be a carrier for viruses, and has been since 1.0.

But I still have not said why you should not use 1.1.0.

The proposed fix for this serious issue is to use a different archive for the Patch: TAR. As I told the testers, Python was not written by one person. It was created by one, and lots of people wrote it. Some of those devs had ideas others did not, so the modules they wrote may have features other don't. The tarfile module contains an exclude option, which the ZIP modules do not. I plan on replacing the ZIP archives with TAR archives in 1.1.1, which will update the PiP File Format, but also fix this issue and (possibly) create smaller archives.

But I still have not said why you should not use 1.1.0.

It goes like this: if a sudden explosion of 1.1.0 Patches are created before I can get the new archive in place, I will have to have three installation routines: legacy, modern ZIP, and modern TAR, with only modern TAR being created. I will have to keep all three bug fixed, adds more complexity to PatchIt!, and will usher in the removal of the legacy routine much sooner than I want.

So this is really a "help me, help you" sorta deal. If you can hold off on releasing 1.1.0 Patches before 1.1.1, I can add more features and fixes sooner. If you don't, it will take longer to do everything I want to do.

A 1.0.3.2 release is on the consideration table, as there are few things I wish I had backported to 1.0.3.1 but didn't. If you can find something in 1.1.0 that I might be able to backport with relative ease, do suggest it, and I'll try to do it.

The download link for PatchIt! has been changed back to 1.0.3.1, and 1.1.0 moved to the right corner.

This was a hard announcement to make, but it is needed to better all of us.

Just a small update: I've been working with the tarfile module, and I've got code to compress and` extract the TAR archives, as well as making them compressed. LZMA works best, with Patches made with that compression are smaller than any other compress and ZIP Patches. I'll be working on the exclude option next, and if that all goes well, I'll clean up my code and add it into 1.1.1, thus closing this "Traveling Files" issue. :)

• 1 month later...

PatchIt! Version 1.1.1 Stable is not yet released (though it will be soon), but I do have an announcement. Rioforce (who, if you don't know by now, is my brother and personal 3D artist :P), has created a nice website for PatchIt!, and it is now live! He's wanted me to make one for a while, but I haven't. All day, after a bit of inspiration from RobExplorien this morning, has been constructing this, and it finally published. It also replaces Read-Me-First.html and PatchIt-Compatible-Icons.html, as all content has been merged into it. Finally, though it is a website, it started out as a new Readme (so it is a readme-turned-website deal), this will be packaged into the Version 1.1.1 release. We are still trying to solve some issues with a rogue spoiler not wanted to obey, but we will solve that. The link is on the Topic Post, or can just click this text right here. :)

In other news, I've removed the x64 build of PatchIt!. It wasn't an easy decision, but I did it because no x64-only features or the extra system memory x64 has available was being used, and it made the download kinda large (though not as large as other software).

If you have any concerns, suggestions, or questions about either of these announcements, feel free to voice them. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

PatchIt! Version 1.1.1 Stable, codenamed "Hitting the TARget", has been released! :D

I've fixed all the crazy bugs from the previous release monster, further improved the PiP Format, the long-standing Traveling Files issue has been closed, and made lots of tweaks and improvements. I've already updated the PatchIt! Extras, and the website is mostly finalized. A few things my RC testers, JimbobJeffers and RobExplorien, reported where not fixed, but they were minor enough to warrant a delay until the next release.

I think the big news is the updated PiP Format, and the closure of the Traveling Files issue, as they go hand-in-hand. In 1.1.0, I updated only the PiP File Format. However, this release updates the format completely. As part of my original plan to solve the Traveling Files, I was going to switch from Zip archive Patches to Tar archive Patches. Although the Traveling Files solution would work for either Zip or Tar, I have chosen to use an LZMA-compressed Tar archive as the new archive format for PatchIt. Both formats are open, so you can still create/install them yourself, and the resulting Patches are much much smaller; sometimes by a few megabytes. The new format is identified by the .PiA extension, which stands for PatchIt! Archive. In addition, the PiP File Format (.PiP) has also been improved over the 1.1.0 version, with two lines noe serving as a validity check, and the layout changed up a bit for easier reading/manual creation/editing. Further more, improved checks have been added to detect what Patch version you are trying to install. All new Patches are incompatible with PatchIt! v1.0.x, and can only be installed with Version 1.1.1 Stable and onward. However, I have kept the 1.0.x installation module for now, as I have planned, so old mods can be installed, but not created. It is recommended all current and future mods use the new format.

Also, the Traveling Files files has been fixed. The exact workflow:

• Make a copy of the entire Patch files in a temporary folder beside the files
  • Sort through and delete (yes, from the HDD) any illegal files in the temporary folder
  • Compress the Patch using the contents in the temporary folder
  • Delete the temporary folder.
It's not ideal, since I'd rather have the virtual list so no files would actually be removed, but it works well. It made Patch Creation a bit slower, but it's not near as slow as V1 of the blacklist (Rob and JJ can witness to that when they get back if they want to), but it is worth it. I'm still researching into the virtual list, though.

Like I said, a lot of improvements and tweaks have been made, so many it's impossible for me to list them, and whatever issues that were present have been fixed. I've been using the release to update the Extras and a few other mods, and I've encountered no bugs whatsoever. I also added a new feature that would help in future updates and features. See if you can find it. ;) Thus, I think "Hitting the TARget" is an appropriate code name. :) I promise, this release is completely safe to use, and is nothing like 1.1.0. ;)

I've also started a new GitHub repo called ShareIt!. I plan on using it to host all PatchIt! Compatible mods, and have it serve as a common place to share and download Patches from (outside of RRU Bucket/RRU members, of course. ;)). I'll soon be asking the creators of mods if they will let me host their mod there, and write a short description of the mod to match. Of course, you can submit them at any time, without having to wait on me to ask you. Full credit will always be given. The PatchIt Extras have been moved there, and Rock Racers has also been rehosted there (see my post on that topic explaining why). If you're wondering how long is a short description, check out the Rock Racers entry on there.

Get PatchIt! Version 1.1.1 Stable from the Topic Post! :D

• 2 months later...

PatchIt! Version 1.1.2 Stable, codenamed "Smoothing The Rough Edges", has been released! :D

The main focus of this release was making more efficient use of modules and merging and reusing as much duplicate code as possible. I've also trimmed out some unneeded Tkinter files to reduce the app size. So while the main focus of this release was efficiency, I have added new features in the process.

• Deep integration of RunAsAdmin utility, as I did with Blocks
  • Complete rewrite of the command-line arguments parser using argparse, making it more stable and flexible. It is not done by default, but I recommend enabling the Windows Explorer shell integration. The rewrite has made it more stable for use.
  • Very basic LEGO® Racers game launcher. Stemming from a fruitful discussion about the future of PatchIt!, I added this to let you play the mod you just installed quickly. Note it only disables the intro videos and 480p running. Different resolutions are not supported at this time. I recommend [member=origamiguy]'s LR1 Launcher for best launching.
  • A wrapper script for [member=JrMasterModelBuilder]'s JAM Extractor. While it may not be much to look at, I've written it in a way I can use the compress/extract actions to fully support the 2001 release of LEGO® Racers.
  • A ever so slightly updated PiP File Format. However, this does not affect the installation or creation of any Patches in v1.1.1 or in the future.
  • Finally, on the bug report side, I completely rewrote the illegal character check for Patch Name and Version during Patch Creation. It now 100% works correctly and displays the illegal character in the error message.

If you have any concerns, suggestions, or questions, feel free to voice them. :)

JimbobJeffers, RobExplorien, and Hobino were big helps during testing. You guys have no idea how much you have helped the last three releases. ;):)

As usual, the download is available from the Topic Post! :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.