Cafeteria 1.0 BETA 7 - Launcher & Mod Loader for LRR

Cyrem

Whats LEGO.CFG?

(Required for Resolution Mod) Open LEGO.CFG. Do a "Search and Replace" in your text editor for: "640x480" with the resolution you would like to run the game at. E.G: replace "640x480" with "1920x1080". Replace all occurances in the config file. This is required.

I dont understand this part at all. Edited by jamesster
Merge time. Use the edit button next time, thanks.

Firstly, please don't double post. If you need to add something, edit your previous text.

Whats LEGO.CFG?

(Required for Resolution Mod) Open LEGO.CFG. Do a "Search and Replace" in your text editor for: "640x480" with the resolution you would like to run the game at. E.G: replace "640x480" with "1920x1080". Replace all occurances in the config file. This is required.

I dont understand this part at all.

And you didn't even bother to try search the forums to find the answer? The thing up the top; that's a search bar. Use it next time.

Read through all of these:

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Then download WAD Tool here and use it to extract all the files:

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Paste everything in the newly created LegoRR0 folder into the Data folder, and then copy and paste everything in the LegoRR1 folder into the Data folder. If it says to overwrite, say Yes.

Then rename the original WAD files.

Enter the Data folder and you should see LEGO.cfg.

How many incriments would each coordinate move?

Say I were to move coordinate 'n' left by an x amount of inches/centimeters/ect.

It would be helpful to know, so I wont have to go back and forth from the game to the CFG, just to get it all positioned right.

Coordinates for HUD elements are in pixels. 0,0 is the top-left of your screen. X goes to the right, Y goes down. However, some elements use a different reference point if I'm remembering this right.

I'm getting "Could not load irrKlang.NET4.dll". Continue button starts the loading screen but the game crashes.

Ran Cafeteria as admin, zero points. I'm on W7 SP1 x64 with .net 4.5.1 installed.

• 5 weeks later...

When I start the game with Cafeteria I get a windows error containing the message in this paste (link)

Running windows 8.1 x64, also when I click the continue button, the game will start, load completely and then just crash, reverting the config to 640x480 fixes the crashing (though I have a horribly slow framerate for some reason, unrelated to all this though)

How do I fix this windows error?

• 5 months later...

It's been some time since I played LRR and I figured a good place to start is where a last left off. 

I'll be trying to get all panels configured correctly for 1080p screens, including functional buttons (done the camera already). 

If anyone has already done this please spare me the work and post your panel coordinates below.

Stay posted :)

• 1 month later...

New Version 0.8!

Ok so it's been a while since the last version and I've had to come back and regather where I was, so I'm a little unsure about 0.8.

Changes:

- You can now start in Windowed mode ( requires your display still be 16bit)
- Cafeteria should request Admin privileges on start, this is to avoid rights problems.

- Debug param setting was removed because I found it doesn't work ATM with windowed mode on some computers. (You can still do this VIA CFG)

- "No Menu Animations" does what it means now.

- Added No FLIC Animation param.

- Removed copy protected/not copy protected switch, I hopefully don't need this anymore.

- Removed 'Apply Res Only' button, not really needed if the next point works as intended.

- Cafeteria will wait until the Mode Selection screen appears before applying resolution instead of guessing, this should mean the window may only appear for a moment now instead of a few seconds.

Download in OP. Hopefully it works.

Well, I try to run it in windowed mode but it just says "No supported 32-bit modes found" and a little window pops up "Could not apply resolution". And whenever I try fullscreen it crashes after the loading screen  :/

Could it be conflicting with some other mods? I have Bazs mod and the high-poly overhaul installed

Well, I try to run it in windowed mode but it just says "No supported 32-bit modes found" and a little window pops up "Could not apply resolution". And whenever I try fullscreen it crashes after the loading screen  :/

Could it be conflicting with some other mods? I have Bazs mod and the high-poly overhaul installed

Hi, windowed mode doesn't work in 32 bit colour, it's a limit of the game. You have to change your screen colour depth to 16bit first. For the crash, have you modified your Lego.cfg file for the resolution you are trying to run at?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm happy to announce that when Cafeteria 0.9 drop it will have it be the first LRR mod loader. No wad extraction nessesary, no messing with CFG's, just add cafeteria, put a few mods in your mod folder and run the game...

A demo, showing first running a fresh install, then adding cafeteria + mods + custom level for the slot

I have another video, demoing a resolution patch and showing off that finally, all the panels have beem moved!

As you can see, the message panel is now completely hidden. Don't worry about notifications, they appear in the left notifications.

I have another video, demoing a resolution patch and showing off that finally, all the panels have beem moved!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KaQPXu5cnU

As you can see, the message panel is now completely hidden. Don't worry about notifications, they appear in the left notifications.

GJ on the O2 bar xD

Does this mean the next release will be Cafeteria 1.0? :D

Next release is 0.9 ;) Once testing is finished, clean up is done & I've written a tutorial on making mods.

0.9 will come with about 30 resolution patches also, so most resolutions should now be supported without any modification.

I am extremely pleased to release the next version of Cafeteria which is the biggest update since it was released and possibly bigger than the initial release.

There are too many changes for me to remember, it’s essentially an entire rebuild of the program, so I’ll list all the main things.

- The way resolutions are applied is no longer edited in by memory, Cafeteria now modifies the Mode Selection window to insert your selected resolution and LRR does the rest. Essentially, this should mean any remaining issues with resolution being applied should be gone.

- Oxygen bar + Message panel have been moved out of the way! Hurrah! (See Resolution Packs and Known Issues in OP)

- Mod Loader. Cafeteria now includes a Mod Loader which applies WAD Patch files to original LRR WAD files to generate a new WAD file before the game launches. The way this is done allows you to add and disable mods easily and you never need to even extract a single WAD file to play LRR with modifications. You can add Cafeteria to a fresh install, add some WAD Patch files to the Mod folder, start Cafeteria and play your game, it really is that simple.

- 30 Resolutions Packs! Cafeteria comes with 30 resolution patches for its resolution selector. You no longer need to do any CFG edits to make resolutions work. Just choose your resolution and play the game. Note that these packs are not 100% finished and updates packs will be released, these initial packs move the panels to the correct locations for in-game. (See OP for supported resolution pack list)

- Mod Manager. Cafeteria also allows you to enable and disable mods through the program for the Mod Loader. It lists all the mods that will be applied when the game is launched. Any invalid patche files will not be listed and will not be applied. If you find a mod crashes your game, just disable it and run it without.

- Custom Level Slot has been built into Cafeteria. This allows you to easily choose a level from the associated folder which has been designed to work with CLS and it will be installed along with all the mods.

- Dev Tools have been added for advanced use, it contains features to Extract/Build & Merge WAD Files as well a Test Patches & check if your game is copy protected.

- Additional launch options have been added: Debug Keys (now back again), FVF, FTM, NOM, Reduce Pro Meshes & Reduce Textures.

- You can now play the next random song if you are using Cafeteria enabled music using a hotkey. (See below)

- Added 2 HotKeys:
                - Ctrl + F9 = Take a screenshot
                - Ctrl + F8 = Play random music file (Cafeteria handled music must be enabled)

Please READ notes on D3DRM in the first post to see why it has been bundled with it.

With all these new features and possibilities, it is my hope that people will make these WAD Patches and make playing LEGO Rock Raiders mods finally easy to do, allowing modders and non-modders alike to play the things the community has created. I will be converting my mods to patches for Cafeteria as well as some of past members in the coming days.

For the release I have two patches already done, you can download them here:
No Splashes
Bolt Molt (Level)

See OP for download of new version.

EDIT: Small fix released. Fixes a Patch Test error & Command AddFilesFromDirectory wasn't keeping the folder structure.

Small incremental release released which fixes some possible issues with setting the toolbar and O2 bar locations with LRR of other languages, particularly a German release.

• Like 2

Hello! I've been lurking around these forums since I just got back onto this game from playing with some legos not too long ago haha. I was just wondering, is the download link for Cafeteria 0.9.2. down for just me or for everyone else as well?

Or you can try this alternate link in the mean time.

https://ore.rockraidersunited.org/rockraiders/tools/cafeteria_0.9.2.zip

Thank you for the link!

Sorry about that, forgot I updated the link before messing around with the domain stuff, changed it to le's link.

No problem! However I do have one question. When I start up Cafeteria, it says that it cannot find my LegoRR0 and LegoRR1 WAD files. I extracted the Cafeteria files into my installation folder which have those 2 wad files there, is there something I'm missing?

Edit: Nevermind! I figured out that I needed to put the WAD files in the Cafeteria folder for the program to recognize its presence. Thanks for Cafeteria! However, while I'm playing the game, the text box on the bottom of my display HUD seems to have sunk below and it disappears sometimes. Is there a way for me to fix that? I've already disabled all mods and my resolution set at 640x480.

• Cyrem changed the title to Cafeteria 1.0 BETA 3 - Launcher & Mod Loader for LRR

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.