Cafeteria 1.0 BETA 7 - Launcher & Mod Loader for LRR

Cyrem

Ich bin auch schon gespannt auf eine Lösung, im schlimmsten Fall ist das Spiel schlichtweg zu alt, sodass es nur bis windows 7 am besten läuft. Oder bis GOG sich dran macht

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A question:

This requires the .NET 4.5 framework, which itself will not work in Windows XP.  Is there an alternative/earlier version, or because of this dependancy is running Cafeteria impossible on XP systems?

9 hours ago, TheOPG said:

A question:

This requires the .NET 4.5 framework, which itself will not work in Windows XP.  Is there an alternative/earlier version, or because of this dependancy is running Cafeteria impossible on XP systems?

Unfortunately no, Cafeteria's dependencies require .NET 4.5. Since my graphics card is not in itself compatible with RR, I've recently discovered using WineD3D will let me play again on later systems. However as you said in your welcome topic, doesn't work for you. Are you launching the game from the shortcuts or directly from LegoRR.exe (btw I recommend making a support topic explaining what you've done and what your graphics card is).

I got it working on an XP virtual machine running out of my Windows 7 PC (running some Intel integrated chipset I honestly don't know how to get spec on or even a name), but right now I'm looking for ways to up the resolution and ideally graphic quality.

Turns out I'm not a good enough gamer to play an RTS with bad unit AI in 640x400.

1 hour ago, TheOPG said:

Turns out I'm not a good enough gamer to play an RTS with bad unit AI in 640x400.

My card crashes every time it exists from 640x480, then fails to start up resulting in a BSOD. Apparently its some driver issue, but i'm yet to fix it.

Have you tried the Compatibility Toolkit?  Namely you'll want to turn on layer_forceRGBemulation (I think it's called) and 16bit colour mode and try running that in a window.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried using this and it gave me an unhandled exception error cuz it couldn't find the WAD files, because they dont exist and are extracted into Data, and it's frozen trying to look for LegoRR0 instead of running from Data

if I temporarily use the original WADs just to see what happens past that, it crashes on the loading screen before the loading bar asset can appear and before it can upscale to its new resolution.

2 hours ago, Ringtail said:

I tried using this and it gave me an unhandled exception error cuz it couldn't find the WAD files, because they dont exist and are extracted into Data, and it's frozen trying to look for LegoRR0 instead of running from Data

if I temporarily use the original WADs just to see what happens past that, it crashes on the loading screen before the loading bar asset can appear and before it can upscale to its new resolution.

Use it against a fresh install and put those WineD3D dll files in with it (as you said they worked for you). Also uncheck Full screen and choose a resolution lower than your current display.

As I understand it, the window flashes up and closes? Usually crashes prior to the Loading screen and Resolution application are LRR itself.

8 hours ago, Cyrem said:

As I understand it, the window flashes up and closes? Usually crashes prior to the Loading screen

10 hours ago, Ringtail said:

it crashes on the loading screen

I'm on Windows 7 so I don't need the wine. And I unchecked skip the config window and that made it not crash. still gvies me an error that it can't find WADs even though all the data's right there tho

• 2 months later...

I'm having trouble running cafeteria. I'm on an hp notebook running windows 10. Whenever I extract the downloaded zip, all files extract. I double click on cafeteria. I get an error along the lines of "This file doesn't exist", and the file disappears from the extracted folder. I've downloaded both the first post and le's file multiple times to no avail. I'm convinced there's a ghost in my computer that really wants some cafeteria food. Please help.

• 6 months later...

There's a new version coming soon: 0.9.4. It's main new features so far is a Data Method option which will combine your vanilla wads with the mods and output to your data folder. I've also added a InsertReplace script function which will replace a file if it exists with another or add it if it doesn't exist.

I've discovered that Cafeteria in combination with dbVoodoo2 (resolution adjustments with antialiasing) produces some wonderful results.

1 minute ago, Cyrem said:

It's main new features so far is a Data Method option which will combine your vanilla wads with the mods and output to your data folder.

What if you have already modded wads, or a different number of them than the vanilla/none already?

1 hour ago, Jessietail said:

What if you have already modded wads, or a different number of them than the vanilla/none already?

Hmm, since Cafeteria uses the vanilla wads as it's base (in the Cafeteria folder), you can replace them with modded wads to use as a new base. I'll see if there's anything I can do to make the process easier.

I don't mind if having non-vanilla wads doesn't let me apply mods, i just want to be able to run the game in higher resolutions and I usually either use no wads or have everything stuffed into one big LegoRR0, and as it is even trying to put the cfg alone in a LegoRR1 causes it to crash when loading a level for some reason

3 hours ago, Jessietail said:

I don't mind if having non-vanilla wads doesn't let me apply mods

It does infact, if you have modded RR0 & RR1 and replace the "original" wads that were backed up to the Cafeteria folder, it will use your modded wads as a base and apply mods on top of it (but you will need RR0 & RR1 atm as it looks for both as it's source).

3 hours ago, Jessietail said:

or have everything stuffed into one big LegoRR0, and as it is even trying to put the cfg alone in a LegoRR1 causes it to crash

Not sure I understand? Cafeteria only creates 1 wad. It merges 0 & 1 then applies the mods and outputs LegoRR0.wad. Unless you mean you manually tested just the cfg in RR1?

I mean it won't let me run it period because it whines it can't find LegoRR1.WAD because I don't have one period and all the CFG and language data is shoved into a bloated LegoRR0, or it'll whine for that because I just have it all shoved in data. And if I put the CFG in an otherwise-empty LegoRR1 to appease it, it loads but then crashes when I try to play a level. Also like if I tried to play Axel's mod, they use a LegoRR2, and it ignores that even tho that's where the CFG is, same if someone hypothetically had more up to the maximum LegoRR9.

1 hour ago, Jessietail said:

I mean it won't let me run it period because it whines it can't find LegoRR1.WAD because I don't have one period and all the CFG and language data is shoved into a bloated LegoRR0, or it'll whine for that because I just have it all shoved in data. And if I put the CFG in an otherwise-empty LegoRR1 to appease it, it loads but then crashes when I try to play a level. Also like if I tried to play Axel's mod, they use a LegoRR2, and it ignores that even tho that's where the CFG is, same if someone hypothetically had more up to the maximum LegoRR9.

Well keep in mind it was never originally designed to run on a modded RR. This was to isolate issues and crashes to the applied mods which could be enabled/disabled easily and make it more accessible to new modders. As for the CFG crash, was it modified?

yeah it was pretty modified. in my case stuff in the was has even been moved around a bit. that's my point I just want to be able to run the game in higher resolutions even if modded stuff means i can't install any other mods. also means it doesn't work with overhauls at all, tried it with one of them even with the correct wad amounts and it still crashed like that.

Unfortunately, the resolution mod can't work without modding files and the CFG. It needs to override the overhaul. In the case of Axels mod I think it'll wreck his ui.

I can't see an easy solution to this, but I can only try.

On 10/11/2017 at 5:56 AM, Jessietail said:

Also like if I tried to play Axel's mod, they use a LegoRR2, and it ignores that

Ok so a progress report so far, I have added in the next Cafeteria a multi-wad merge beyond 1:

NTA3xPRGQqSLnirYdiWGnw.png

You will also see there a better output log textbox, which has been added as well.

Ok another update with more news.

I'm going to change how it works so that it uses the Data method as it's primary. This is how it's going to work (I have it losely working).

1. On initial install of Cafeteria it will make a backup of your wads, placing them in the Cafeteria folder, it will then extract them into a folder called "DataSource".
  2. Cafeteria will grab the files out of DataSource, apply the mods then transfer the modified file into the final "Data" folder.
  3. From there you can run the game.
  • DataSource is the basing, they can be vanilla files or an extracted overhaul.
  • The Launch button will be separated into 2 buttons, one called "Build" the other "Play". This means the building does not need to take place every time you start RR even if you didn't modify anything. Instead, whenever you add mods to cafeteria, change a resolution or install a custom level... only then would you perform a build. (I could potentially allow you to keep backups of each build you do as a WAD)
  • You can now also do experimental mods that you don't intend on keeping by modifying the final files in the "Data" folder. The next time you do a build, all those files will be overwritten.
  • To make any permanent changes, you can modify the DataSource files, or make a Cafeteria Patch.
  • This does mean you can use only the resolution mod if you wish.
  • WAD output instead of Data will remain an option if you wish.

• 4 weeks later...

Screenshot of next version when it comes...

wE5VGsSHR464am87odh4fw.png

9 hours ago, Coco Owns U said:

I can't believe I didn't come across this mod years ago. WOW. Thank you for your hard work!

Thank you.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

It's fully functional on my end, but I feel as though this mod tampered with my save progress, which bums me out. Any way to restore that, or do I have to play through the game again?

• Cyrem changed the title to Cafeteria 1.0 BETA 3 - Launcher & Mod Loader for LRR

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.