RSP Files

le717

An RSP is nothing more than a plain text file, located under art-resPOSTBAGEaster*, with * standing for various game languages (English, Dutch, Danish, French, German, and a few others). It contains predefined Mail messages you get from random trains when playing LOCO in single-player mode.

Some of the messages in these files contain two special characters

/?

which seems to denote your player name. So if your name is "Triangle717", one of the messages will read

"Hi Triangle717, Thank you for your note. Choo Choo! I love trains!"

Tauka Usanake

Ahh, the memories of getting cards from the NPCs and trying to collect them all. I miss that.

The .crd files in that directory match Windows Card format. I disabled the useless service on my machine. I wonder if you can read them off of Windows? :3

Car CrazeXVI

I found this last week, but never got around to trying it. Or mentioning it.

O.T.
Before I forget, try adding /video to a LEGO Chess shortcut.

Tauka Usanake

I checked the .crd files I mentioned before. Unsurprisingly they don't work with Cardspace and I think they broke the service too. :P Well done LEGO!

• 3 weeks later...

So this is where all their silly messages came from!

I'd always send them some kind of satanic ritual instruction and they'd all be happy and cheery about it...now I can fix that...can you add more, or is there a limit?

Tauka Usanake

You can add more I believe. Adding to the RSP files is all that may be needed I suppose. Just make sure the number on the top matches the number of lines you have.

I tried to edit an RSP file, yet it said access is denied when I tried to save.

I even disabled "read-only", and it still would do that.

Brickulator

That might be because you're trying to save something in Program Files. Try saving it somewhere else and moving it back to the Loco program folder? That's what I have to do with Racers anyway.

That might be because you're trying to save something in Program Files. Try saving it somewhere else and moving it back to the Loco program folder? That's what I have to do with Racers anyway.

That's more than likely the issue. ;)

O.T.

Custom messages, map, background, and PatchIt. :o

That's more than likely the issue. ;)

O.T.

Custom messages, map, background, and PatchIt. :o

Turns out, it was.

O.T.

And I really wanted to use an image of a wormhole as my town's background....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.