Recreated all of Lego Island's buildings in LDD

Wognif

I have recreated all of Lego Island's buildings in Lego Digital Designer.

Decals and certain elements (The starting line of the race track, and the wire of the gas station's fuel pump) aren't included.

Information Center:

Spoiler

gallery_7053_301_25141.png

gallery_7053_301_16226.png

Pizzeria :

Spoiler

gallery_7053_301_5718.png

Super Store :

Spoiler

gallery_7053_301_51091.png

Police Station :

Spoiler

gallery_7053_301_7613.png

Race Track:

Spoiler

gallery_7053_301_27620.png

Jail (No Brickster, sorry) :

Spoiler

gallery_7053_301_1953.png

Lifeguard's hut thing :

Spoiler

gallery_7053_301_13915.png

Bank :

Spoiler

gallery_7053_301_23203.png

gallery_7053_301_5533.png

Gas Station :

Spoiler

gallery_7053_301_33659.png

The residential houses:

Spoiler

gallery_7053_301_161.png

gallery_7053_301_20653.png

gallery_7053_301_7584.png

gallery_7053_301_7851.png

gallery_7053_301_4451.png

gallery_7053_301_27850.png

Hospital :

Spoiler

gallery_7053_301_2323.png

Post Office :

Spoiler

gallery_7053_301_1440.png

EDIT: new images added.

EDIT2: The Download link for all of the models:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/81446350/Lego%20Island%20LDD%20buildings.zip

Edited by Wognif
Fixed the images

Sweet! I'm not sure how accurate they are to the in-game models (I'll let jamesster or Lair handle that one), but I'm sure you did your best. Over how long a time span did they all take?

Are you thinking about hosting them on Brickshelf for all to download?

Sweet! I'm not sure how accurate they are to the in-game models (I'll let jamesster or Lair handle that one), but I'm sure you did your best. Over how long a time span did they all take?

Are you thinking about hosting them on Brickshelf for all to download?

It took me three days to make, and they are close enough in accuracy.

I had Lego Island open the entire time.

As for hosting on Brickshelf, I might. I'm not sure what category they'd fit under, though.

lol username

It's not a bad start, but there's some accuracy issues here - I can't put my finger on each and every one without better screenshots of your models (and I imagine some of it might be the lack of decals, which can't be helped that easily given this is LDD), but on the Information Center, the tower looks kind of short (or is it just the camera angle?), the floor of the observation deck is the wrong color, and the beams on the corners of the roof are too thick (they're supposed to be only one plate thick, it looks like you've added some bricks in there). Here's an Information Center model I made in 2011, I've updated it since this screenshot was taken but it's still a lot closer to the in-game model:

lddscreenshot42.png

Also, the black 1x2 tiles on the Super Store also seem to be positioned incorrectly, and the flags on each side are somehow facing in opposite directions from each other (aside from that simply not making any sense, they're all facing the same direction in-game). The bank's roof on the upper level is also missing the inverse slopes, and the hospital's upper deck is a lot smaller than it should be. The houses... Honestly, I've never taken a good look at those, but it does seem you've missed some of them entirely (remember you can click on one of them as Pepper to change it to a different model).

As for the other buildings, a good chunk of them are real LEGO sets, so I'd recommend browsing through PeabodySam's LEGO Island BrickList and finding set instructions to make sure those models are accurate.

It's not a bad start, but there's some accuracy issues here - I can't put my finger on each and every one without better screenshots of your models (and I imagine some of it might be the lack of decals, which can't be helped that easily given this is LDD), but on the Information Center, the tower looks kind of short (or is it just the camera angle?), the floor of the observation deck is the wrong color, and the beams on the corners of the roof are too thick (they're supposed to be only one plate thick, it looks like you've added some bricks in there). Here's an Information Center model I made in 2011, I've updated it since this screenshot was taken but it's still a lot closer to the in-game model:

lddscreenshot42.png

Also, the black 1x2 tiles on the Super Store also seem to be positioned incorrectly, and the flags on each side are somehow facing in opposite directions from each other (aside from that simply not making any sense, they're all facing the same direction in-game). The bank's roof on the upper level is also missing the inverse slopes, and the hospital's upper deck is a lot smaller than it should be. The houses... Honestly, I've never taken a good look at those, but it does seem you've missed some of them entirely (remember you can click on one of them as Pepper to change it to a different model).

As for the other buildings, a good chunk of them are real LEGO sets, so I'd recommend browsing through PeabodySam's LEGO Island BrickList and finding set instructions to make sure those models are accurate.

On the houses, I only wanted to design the default form of the one that can be changed.

The camera angle is why my Information Center's tower appeared short.

EDIT: I put up a download link for my models, so you could have a better look at them.

I like where this has started. Needs work yeah but good.
What about the other residential houses when you click on one of them as Pepper? I like the one with the staircase

• 8 years later...

Also the images do not work anymore. I would love to have seen these and maybe download them. I hope the owner is still on rockraidersunited and is able to fix this post for us, but this is really old, so I expect the worst.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.