Mafia: The Game

Fluffy Cupcake

Fluffy Cupcake

Game Rules Found Here

~See bottom of post for roles.

The Minimal amount of players required to play is 6.

Current Game Status:

• N/A

Round 13 Registration Open

• Xiron
  • Yajmo
  • chromecrusher
  • aidenpons
  • Fushigisaur(?)

Narration Queue:

• le717
  • Fushigisaur
  • JimbobJeffers
  • MaelstromIslander

*Narrator's Note: Don't name all your PMs the same. It makes your job very tedious.

Auto-registered players

Spoiler
  • Fushigisaur
  • Xiron

Previous Rounds:

Spoiler

Round 1

Spoiler
  • Xiron
  • Yajmo
  • JimbobJeffers
  • Ben24x7
  • Fushigisaur
  • Drill Master

Round 2

Spoiler
  • JimbobJeffers
  • Drill Master
  • Yajmo
  • Xiron
  • aidenpons
  • Fushigisaur
  • The Ace Railgun

Round 3: (backstory)

Spoiler
  • The Ace Railgun
  • Drill Master
  • Fushigisaur
  • Xiron
  • Yajmo
  • JimbobJeffers

Round 4

Spoiler
  • Drill Master
  • Fushigisaur
  • Xiron
  • The Ace Railgun
  • Yajmo
  • JimbobJeffers
  • le717

Round 5 (backstory):

Spoiler
  • JimbobJeffers
  • Xiron
  • The Ace Railgun
  • Yajmo
  • Drill Master
  • Fushigisaur
  • le717

Round 6

Spoiler
  • The Ace Railgun
  • Xiron
  • Fushigisaur
  • Yajmo
  • JimbobJeffers
  • Drill Master

Round 7

Spoiler
  • Fushigisaur
  • Aidenpons
  • MaelstromIslander
  • Somesweedish
  • Noghiri
  • Xiron

Round 8

Spoiler
  • aidenpons (narrating)
  • The Ace Railgun
  • Xiron
  • Fushigisaur
  • MaelstromIslander
  • Seaborgium
  • noghiri
  • Natco
  • Quisoves Pugnat

Round 9

Spoiler
  • Quisoves Pungant
  • Fushigisaur
  • aidenpons
  • The Ace Railgun
  • Seaborgium
  • MaelstromIslander
  • noghiri
  • BobaFett2

Round 10:

Spoiler

DNF

• Seaborgium
  • Quistaros Pugnat
  • Fushigisaur
  • noghiri
  • MaelstromIslander
  • Phantom Terror
  • aidenpons
  • Xiron
  • JimbobJeffers

Round 11

Spoiler
  • aidenpons
  • Xiron
  • MaelstromIslander
  • Quisoves Potoo
  • Seaborgium
  • Fushigisaur
  • Ben24x7

Round 12

Spoiler

Xiron (Innocent) - Killed by Mafia

MaelstronIslander (Mafia) - Executed by group vote
Quisoves Potoo (Doctor) - Survived!
Seaborgium (Detective) - Survived!
Ben24x7 (Innocent) - Survived!
Aidenpons (Innocent) - Survived!

Mafia loss!

If you are interested in narrating, here are some template messages to send people at the beginning of a round.

Spoiler

You are:

Innocent
>See topic for details on your role.
The game starts at night, so you can't do anything at the moment, all you can do is hope you don't die. Day will be here when The Doctor and Mafia have made their move.

You are: The Mafia
Pick and choose a player to kill and report back to me. The only thing that can save your target from dying is if the doctor protects that player on this fateful night.
>See topic for details on your duty.

You are: The Doctor
Pick and choose a player to protect for tonight (game's night), yourself included. If you are lucky, you will save the player that the mafia is targeting.
>See topic for details on your role.

You are: The Detective
Pick and choose a player to inspect and I will tell you the status of the inspected player before day.
>See topic for details on your duty.

Day/Night
A core part of the game. The game starts out mid-day. Introduce yourselves, and talk amongst others. You are free to accuse on this day if you find someone's introduction suspicious in any way, but a vote count cannot be gathered. Night then follows. Night is when you sleep, and the baddies come out to play.

Important rule:

Revealing proof of your role to anyone privately (i.e. screenshot), even out of desperation, is NOT PERMITTED. If someone does this, report them to the game moderator in a Private Message immediately.

ROLES:
The innocent;
Who make up the majority of the people, basically go into the game knowing nothing, not even the "other roles" (because then the mafia would know... and then they would kill off the special roles). The only thing they can do is make a vote (WHICH ALL ROLES DO) on who to kill off the next day and scheme talk with the other players. Once everyone votes, the day ends. You can also decided not to vote if you so desire.

The mafia;
Depending on the amount of players, there may be one or more of them. The goal of the mafias is to kill off all the rest of the players and to not be killed themselves; The mafias can do one kill per night, and the mafias know who each other are, so they don't have a chance of killing each other.

The moderator/narrator;
There is only one of these, and this person takes the role of getting the information on who to kill from the mafia and the other stuff from special roles in a PM, and dictate the results (and may be in a story like fashion if so desired) the next day. They also are responsible for counting the votes on who the citizens decide to vote/kill off.

Special/Secondary roles; There is no limit as to how many different roles can exist at once, meaning it is possible for everyone in the game to be special for extra chaos.

The Doctor: May protect one player per night from getting killed (so if the mafia tries to kill that person, and the doctor is protecting them they won't die!)
There are a couple other roles special, but I won't get into them now unless there is a overwhelming amount of players.

Detective/Police/Seer: May investigate one player per night. The narrator then tells them if the person is innocent or mafia, they do not get to know if the role is special or not. If they discover the mafia, they can't reveal it (actually they can, because a lot of people might be voting while fakingly saying "THIS PERSON IS THE MAFIA! KILL THEM!"), but they should try and persuade the citizens to vote for the mafia. Be careful though, or they might mistake you as one!

Seer's Apprentice: The seer and apprentice do not know who each other are. If the seer gets killed, the apprentice takes its place.

Spellcaster: Mutes a player for one day. The muted person isn't allowed to talk.

Hunter/Vigilante/Bomb: This person is on the innocents side. One night they choose a player to kill, hopefully it is the mafia! The narrator can choose to put a halt for kills between nights for this player so they can't be used their ability every night. A variant for this player is that they can drop a bomb and a person will die mid-day instead.

'The drunkard': The drunkard is like a normal innocent, but they can only reply with grunts and noises. They are not permitted to speak during the day, should they do so, they will die at night.

Witch: The narrator tells this player each night who the mafia aims to kill. This player can either save the person, redirect the kill to someone else, or choose not to do anything this night. The witch can only save/kill another person once per game.

Cupid: The narrator pairs two players together (at random). If one dies, the other dies with them. These players know who each other are with. Cupid cannot be paired with another role.

Traitor: This person is not on anyone's side, but they aim to save the mafia, because if they win, so does this person!

Mafia trainee:  They know the mafia, and the mafia knows them. The trainee helps the main mafia decided who to kill off. If the big boss mafia dies, the game still goes on, and this player will take over as the main mafia. Due to their lack of skill though, they won't have a 100% kill rate.

Mafia's Child:  An alternate to the above, although he game will not go on when the mafia dies. When this person dies the mafia gets to kill TWO people in one night out of rage for their lost child.

Siblings/Twins/Friends - These two know each other! They know they are innocent, but they CAN'T tell anyone or else they die (because of a curse put on them, let's go with that).

The village idiot: Always votes yes to all accusations.

The depressed: This person hates their life. They win the game if they die. THEY WANT TO DIE. You try not to make this obvious though, because if you do, everyone will know this is who you are and won't want to kill you.

For more info on the game and additional roles: See here or Wikipedia.

If the mafia equals the amount of other players remaining, the mafia wins.

Fluffy Cupcake

Yeah. Werewolf is just another name for the game, and it didn't originate from Whirled. So are you in or no?

Also, yes. I will fix that typo. Thanks.

Fluffy Cupcake

2. Yajmo

I'll happily sign up, it sounds interesting.

Added.

Sorry, but now you have completely lost me.

What do you need help understanding? Let's just say this isn't like the normal forum games we get around here. ;P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Fluffy Cupcake

Oh for sure! Need one more participant minimal to start! (although, recommended more, but I don't want to keep you guys waiting.)

Do you guys think I should randomize who the narrator is (should be someone who has played before), or did you guys want me to be it?

Fluffy Cupcake

Alright, two entries in one day! Woo!

(and considering it was dead for over a month too...)

Alright, I will set up the game later when I get back from work. Anyone can enter between this time if they want.

Edit: Entries closed, please note there is no detective in this round.

Fluffy Cupcake

GAME START

The Night has passed.

Everyone is awake and all seems well and fine until suddenly a dead body is found. Reports indicate that on his way back from his patient last night, Yajmo who was also the doctor, died from being run over by a semi-truck.

Having a few murders already happened in their small town earlier that week, the rest of the citizens dreaded they might be the victim in their small town, so they decided they would hold daily voting to kill off a person until the murderous acts stopped.

Day is now here. Everyone (except the dead) may now speak among each other, and then cast their votes on who they would like to kill off.

Fluffy Cupcake

(You talk with the others here. So tell everyone here about your suspicions DM, but be careful, just simply accusing someone without valid reasoning can lead people to believe you are the killer.)

Drill Master

Ok. I've put my thoughts together. If my suspicions are correct, I believe that the Mafia is...

JimbobJeffers!

My reasoning?

Ok. I did a little undercover spy work. After I got the PM from Xiron saying the game had started, I monitored everyone playing the game. I monitored their actions (as told by the pop-up window that appears when you hover your cursor over a member's name). I saw each and every member "Using Personal Messager" at one time or another, except for Jimbob.

Now how would that count as evidence? The game took a while to get started, because the Doctor and Mafia had to decide who to protect/kill. Seeing as how Yajmo was the Doctor, and now he is dead, I lean toward Jimbob because if you were the Mafia, wouldn't you take some thought and planning to decide who to kill? Well doing so would have taken some time, thus delaying the game. And since I hadn't seen Jimbob "Using Personal Messager" at the time I was monitoring, I think he is the Mafia.

I spoke my suspicions, now what about everyone else?

Fluffy Cupcake

(just so you know guys, you don't have to have suspicions on the first day because it may not be obvious, so you can just vote randomly)

I'll join the next round, unless it's early enough for me to pop in.

Just realised that it is too late.

I'll be fine with watching. (I've my suspicions...)

• Like 1

Well, then aidenpons, feel free to take my place in the game. I do admit that I do really want to exit the game, the reason why is that I cannot think of any good objections and suspicions.

Fluffy Cupcake

Well, then aidenpons, feel free to take my place in the game. I do admit that I do really want to exit the game, the reason why is that I cannot think of any good objections and suspicions.

(just so you know guys, you don't have to have suspicions on the first day because it may not be obvious, so you can just vote randomly)

:|, as I said, it ISN'T suppose to be OBVIOUS, so random vote is what ya do as for now. Also, you may have just given your position away saying that.

Ok. I've put my thoughts together. If my suspicions are correct, I believe that the Mafia is...   JimbobJeffers!   My reasoning?   Ok. I did a little undercover spy work. After I got the PM from Xiron saying the game had started, I monitored everyone playing the game. I monitored their actions (as told by the pop-up window that appears when you hover your cursor over a member's name). I saw each and every member "Using Personal Messager" at one time or another, except for Jimbob.   Now how would that count as evidence? The game took a while to get started, because the Doctor and Mafia had to decide who to protect/kill. Seeing as how Yajmo was the Doctor, and now he is dead, I lean toward Jimbob because if you were the Mafia, wouldn't you take some thought and planning to decide who to kill? Well doing so would have taken some time, thus delaying the game. And since I hadn't seen Jimbob "Using Personal Messager" at the time I was monitoring, I think he is the Mafia.   I spoke my suspicions, now what about everyone else?

That's quite the elaborate response you have there. Kudos.

But it's a little suspicious, no? No one else has a clue what's going on and you seem to have it all figured out.

I think it just might be you. I vote DM.

Say what-y-what? I ain't no Mafia, I don't know why we're supposed to spend so long reading PMs. I don't know about you, but last night I was barred up at home pretending no-one was in.

For the same reasons as Fushigisaur, I vote Drill Master :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.