Was Buck Pounds going to appear in the PC version of LI2 at one point?

Mr. Ash

Not sure if anyone else noticed this, so i thought i'd post it

While looking through some of the textures in Pepper's house, I found the texture for the Lego island picture. When zooming in to get a closer look, I noticed what appears to be Buck Pounds:
possibly_buck_pounds.png

Although the pants and hair are now a different color, it looks like the torso is still the same.

Also, here is the texture for that drawing on Pepper's wall:
drawing.png

This would suggest that we was going to, since this version has a similar appearance to the one you pointed out.

EDIT: I hadn't had a look at that second texture properly before, seems like a nice touch to have what is presumably a kid's contribution.

This would suggest that we was going to, since this version has a similar appearance to the one you pointed out.

EDIT: I hadn't had a look at that second texture properly before, seems like a nice touch to have what is presumably a kid's contribution.

I was going to post this, he looks exactly like the guy pointed in Xtreme's first image, except with hair. Pretty sure it's just Pete Bogg, though.

lol username

In addition to the Buck Pounds/Pete Bog confusion already mentioned, in the PC version, Pete Bog's appearance in the Information Center is a bit different from his appearance on the island. I don't remember exactly what was different, but I think his shirt texture was messed up (two different shades of black) and his hat used a different model (though it was clearly intended to represent the same real life LEGO piece).

Oh, and Buck Pounds and some other LI1 characters appear in the GBC version of LI2 (including Captain Click and Captain D. Rom). And in the PC/PS1 intro, you can briefly see an additional police guy with silver sunglasses playing with a yoyo... I'm wondering if he's meant to be Rom.

Bob Longtree, JP, and Rosie Brickolini from LEGOLAND all appear in LI2 GBC, and the LI2 character simply named "DJ" heavily resembles Jonathan Ablebody from LEGOLAND (he's basically just wearing sunglasses and headphones), and early IXS character images identify him as "DJ Ablebody", while in the final name he was named DJ Jackitt.

ProfessorBrickkeeper

Hmm... Knowing the vast amount of quality put into LI2, it doesn'tbsurprise me to see that the original image was taken in editor and the developers didn't bother to edit out the XYZ axis thing in the lower left corner.

I just made an interesting discovery. I didn't remember Pete Bog in my copy of the Playstation version of the game, so I went to check. Sure enough, he isn't in the ambulance or viewable in the Information Center. The ambulance literally drives around with no one in it. Perhaps this has to do with the apparent alternative versions of the game as discovered here?

It seems strange that they would redesign Pete, especially given that his final appearance is rather unfitting for his position (he is dressed as a policeman).

I just made an interesting discovery. I didn't remember Pete Bog in my copy of the Playstation version of the game, so I went to check. Sure enough, he isn't in the ambulance or viewable in the Information Center. The ambulance literally drives around with no one in it. Perhaps this has to do with the apparent alternative versions of the game as discovered here?

It seems strange that they would redesign Pete, especially given that his final appearance is rather unfitting for his position (he is dressed as a policeman).

My PS1 version has the Buck Pounds looking Pete Bogg viewable in the IC... Or was it Clickitt that looks like Buck in the IC.

ARGH I CAN'T REMEMBER.

Maybe Pete was supposed to be a throwback of Glen  Funberg (If I remember correctly, Pete both drove his car with his wife and drove the ambulance. Otherwise it was a character who looked almost exactly like him). Then again, why would he be named Pete Bog if he was a throwback Glen Funberg? Or maybe... UGGGHHHH!!!!! LEGO ISLAND, Y U SO CONFUSING?!?!?!

Hmm... Knowing the vast amount of quality put into LI2, it doesn't surprise me to see that the original image was taken in editor and the developers didn't bother to edit out the XYZ axis thing in the lower left corner.

If you thought the quality was bad in the PC version, you should see the PSX version.

My PS1 version has the Buck Pounds looking Pete Bogg viewable in the IC... Or was it Clickitt that looks like Buck in the IC.

ARGH I CAN'T REMEMBER.

Clickitt is who appears as buck in the Infocenter. 

Maybe Pete was supposed to be a throwback of Glen  Funberg (If I remember correctly, Pete both drove his car with his wife and drove the ambulance. Otherwise it was a character who looked almost exactly like him). Then again, why would he be named Pete Bog if he was a throwback Glen Funberg? Or maybe... UGGGHHHH!!!!! LEGO ISLAND, Y U SO CONFUSING?!?!?!

Hmm... Knowing the vast amount of quality put into LI2, it doesn't surprise me to see that the original image was taken in editor and the developers didn't bother to edit out the XYZ axis thing in the lower left corner.

If you thought the quality was bad in the PC version, you should see the PSX version.

ARGH I CAN'T REMEMBER. Clickitt is who appears as buck in the Infocenter.  ARGH I'M STUPID. Pete is nonexistent in the PSX port. I posted that thread with an image from my iPod, I forgot if it was Pete or Clickitt.

Regardless, my version still didn't have the Buck Pounds-like character in it - Dr. Clickitt is depicted properly in the Information Center.

Which version of the Playstation game do you have? Mine is the one without the cinematic credits.

• 7 years later...
On 8/21/2013 at 3:42 PM, lol username said:

In addition to the Buck Pounds/Pete Bog confusion already mentioned, in the PC version, Pete Bog's appearance in the Information Center is a bit different from his appearance on the island. I don't remember exactly what was different, but I think his shirt texture was messed up (two different shades of black) and his hat used a different model (though it was clearly intended to represent the same real life LEGO piece).

Oh, and Buck Pounds and some other LI1 characters appear in the GBC version of LI2 (including Captain Click and Captain D. Rom). And in the PC/PS1 intro, you can briefly see an additional police guy with silver sunglasses playing with a yoyo... I'm wondering if he's meant to be Rom.

Bob Longtree, JP, and Rosie Brickolini from LEGOLAND all appear in LI2 GBC, and the LI2 character simply named "DJ" heavily resembles Jonathan Ablebody from LEGOLAND (he's basically just wearing sunglasses and headphones), and early IXS character images identify him as "DJ Ablebody", while in the final name he was named DJ Jackitt.

According to my calculations, Pete Bog has black hat instead of white on his identification on the information center map, even Dr. Clickitt has hair instead of star of life helmet on his identification and in the skatepark, Valerie is bald on the skatepark, also, I noticed that Nancy has pink pants instead of red in the picture frame, I see Laura has black hands instead of yellow, even the blue suit soccer guy has a red and white suit instead of blue, even I thought if Pete Bog was young Captain D. Rom

• 5 months later...
berry-pepper-roni
On 8/21/2013 at 9:11 PM, ProfessorBrickkeeper said:

Knowing the vast amount of quality put into LI2,

Except the voices.

We all hate the li2 voices.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.