LEGO Top Gear?

lol username

Well this is interesting. BrickFanatics is reporting that LEGO and Top Gear may be joining forces in some very interesting ways, possibly connected to - surprise! - LEGO Minifigures Online.

Possible LEGO Top Gear ?!

Some say we might be seeing LEGO Top Gear sets

Short version: The Top Gear Consumer Panel has sent out surveys regarding another possible LEGO tie-in with Top Gear (they already released a Stig keychain a while back). The survey even included images of concept models, which BrickFanatics has posted. The sets would also unlock content in variety of LEGO games and apps:

• A tie-in app called LEGO Stunt School, where players would "build digital LEGO vehicles and then pit them in crazy Top Gear-themed stunts",
  • Another "Top Gear Challenge App" similar to the Life of George app where fans can build and share creations,
  • Top Gear sets would include codes to unlock the vehicles in LEGO Minifigures Online for players to drive around and do fun stuff with.
A virtual currency of sorts would also be implemented to share between apps and games, earned by purchasing real sets, and spent on video clips of the show.

Thanks to ProfessorBrickkeeper for the heads up.

Sources: BrickFanatics
  • Like 2

...but I meant that this theme is really a bad idea in my opinion.

Yeah, but it's still better than LEGO The Simpsons.

Actually, how do they expect to pull this off? I really can't see them doing anything other than more key chains.

• Like 1

Ok. As much as I love watching Top Gear (The good one, not the American version), I find this very upsetting. I haven't gotten another LEGO set since December 2011 because of the themes that I like are either gone or don't sell in stores. And with all these "new" themes, I'm not sure I want anymore sets.

• Like 1

all these "new" themes

I'm not following you, LEGO's been doing the same thing of swapping out different themes every year for well over a decade now, with only a couple exceptions like City and Star Wars which just keep on chugging along. What's different about it?

I'm not so sure about this theme. I'm not against it, I just think it'll be hard to create sets that work effectively. Although looking at that concept set, which looks like something from LEGO Studios, I suppose it could work.

But not with those awful brick heads. It's bad enough what they're doing with the Minecraft minifigure...

• Like 2

I'm not so sure about this theme. I'm not against it, I just think it'll be hard to create sets that work effectively. Although looking at that concept set, which looks like something from LEGO Studios, I suppose it could work.

But not with those awful brick heads. It's bad enough what they're doing with the Minecraft minifigure...

Pretty much my opinion on it as well. Personally, I'm more interested in getting vehicles in Minifigures Online than the actual sets. :P
  • Like 3

Hmm, very interesting. I may pick up a vehicle or two if this does actually happen, but I'm really excited for this because then we may get...

OFFICAL LEGO DOCTOR WHO!!!  :D

Daniel-Bryan.gif

This is actually great... right up to the part where it says 'app'. This would have been the perfect opportunity for LEGO to produce a good racing game. But no, stunt rally for iPhone instead.

I'm a massive fan of Top Gear but I'm not sure how it could work as LEGO...aside from the cars, the only thing that makes it look like Top Gear is the figs. Which are pretty cool and instantly recognisable but look more like they belong in miniland.

I'm a massive fan of Top Gear but I'm not sure how it could work as LEGO...aside from the cars, the only thing that makes it look like Top Gear is the figs. Which are pretty cool and instantly recognisable but look more like they belong in miniland.

Cars? Top Gear doesn't own those cars. They just showcase them and mess with them. The only real Top Gear things are those three men.

• 4 weeks later...

YES!!! I am a massive Top Gear fan! I watch it nearly all the time, and i'm a massive Lego fan too so if Top Gear Lego sets are confirmed, i'd be over the moon!! ^^

• 1 year later...

Confirmation that the Speed Champions theme is the result of all this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7YDMt7jOfU

Like the Exo-Suit video, this was created by 0ldScratch/Chris Salt, and published officially.

https://www.youtube.com/user/0ldScratch

https://twitter.com/oblongpictures

There's quite a few little easter eggs to find - like LEGO Dane Cook and Chris's avatar at 1:39 (and the video thumbnail). Also, while the main characters appear to use official LEGO models, the crowd's models appear to be from LDraw.

• Like 2

Just saw this:

Everything is awesome, everything is cool when you're part of . Check out our new S22 trailer >>

— Top Gear (@BBC_TopGear)

Everything is awesome, everything is cool when you're part of . Check out our new S22 trailer >>

— Top Gear (@BBC_TopGear) January 14, 2015 ">January 14, 2015 ">

Everything is awesome, everything is cool when you're part of #TopGear. Check out our new S22 @Lego_Group trailer >> https://t.co/O0WqUJlPto

— Top Gear (@BBC_TopGear)

— Top Gear (@BBC_TopGear) January 14, 2015
">January 14, 2015

Top Gear officially confirmed to be involved as the same video (I think, haven't watched it) was posted on official Twitter account?

Yeah, the same message is in the video comments/on Google+. LEGO's plugging Speed Champions too.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/114992647479248042670/+TopGear/posts/TjsocAgr4aA

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/114992647479248042670/wm/4/+LEGO/posts/4HXhy62fhzV

Top Gear officially confirmed to be involved as the same video (I think, haven't watched it) was posted on official Twitter account?

... Dude, the video was uploaded by the official Top Gear channel, it's a trailer for series 22...

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/top-gear-series-22-lego-trailer-2015-01-14

I'm on buggy and laggy mobile in doctor's office waiting room with people around and no headphones. I'm not in a position to really browse or watch any videos or do full checking.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.