Another few questions/ideas

RockRaiderWolf

RockRaiderWolf

I could have sworn I had posted this already but I must have forgotten.

The ideas I was wondering about were...

Would it be possible to take the model for the ore and use it to create a gold ore?(Not exactly to be used for same purpose as regular ore since that is hard coded.)

I was wondering if it was possible to program a sort of "Tray" or collection area where you could Build or zone an are for where the rock raiders would place/stock/store the new Gold Ore when they find it.

To be precise, by a Tray I was thinking of something that was if possible a building but, maybe it could also somehow be made so it is built similar to a power path and each square plot could only hold a certain amount similar to the way the game only allows one electric fence per plot. 

or for the "collection area" I was thinking either a fenced in area or some sort of model designed to look like construction tape to designate the area similar to being fenced in. (By construction tape i mean the kind with the diagonal black lines repeating on a yellow background.)

Also the "things we know" sticky fails to mention anything about objectives (which I have not just yet learned to work with creating for custom levels).

So I was wondering if it was possible to add not only a way for the game to keep track of how many of these "gold ores" and thus add a requirement for the number you need to collect to complete the level.

As I said I know It couldn't be used as a new building material but I still think it would be a neat addition.

any ideas on something like this?

Long answer: You can't change how materials (crystals, ore, studs) are handled in the game. It's hard coded.

Short answer: Is not possible.

RockRaiderWolf

Long answer: You can't change how materials (crystals, ore, studs) are handled in the game. It's hard coded.

Short answer: Is not possible.

I know that, that is why I stated it would be making a new custom object for gold ore. I was asking in reference to custom objects.

We can't add more Objects into the game. The way they're defined in the CFG by referencing things that aren't mentioned elsewhere makes it impossible. There's even a comment saying that we can't expand the list:

MiscObjects {                    ; Non expandable....

Boulder                        MiscAnimsBouldersSmallBoulder
        Pusher                        MiscAnimsEffectsRD_Push_Weap
        Freezer                        MiscAnimsEffectsRD_Ice_weap
        BoulderExplode                MiscAnimsEffectsRock_Explo
        BoulderExplodeIce            MiscAnimsEffectsIce_Explo
        LaserShot                    MiscAnimsEffectsRD_Laser_Weap
        SmashPath                    MiscAnimsEffectsConcrete_Explo
        Crystal                        MiscAnimsCrystalVLP_GreenCrystal
        Dynamite                    MiscAnimsDynamite
        Ore                            MiscAnimsOreOre1st
        ProcessedOre                MiscAnimsBrick2x2brick
        Barrier                        MiscAnimsBarrier

A bunch of these MiscObjects are just animations you see in the game. There's nothing in the CFG saying what properties these things have. They're pointers to stuff in the executable. We can't expand this list because we can't change the executable and distribute it legally. It sucks, but these are the kinds of limitations that we have to deal with in LRR.

RockRaiderWolf

We can't add more Objects into the game. The way they're defined in the CFG by referencing things that aren't mentioned elsewhere makes it impossible. There's even a comment saying that we can't expand the list:

MiscObjects {                    ; Non expandable....

Boulder                        MiscAnimsBouldersSmallBoulder
        Pusher                        MiscAnimsEffectsRD_Push_Weap
        Freezer                        MiscAnimsEffectsRD_Ice_weap
        BoulderExplode                MiscAnimsEffectsRock_Explo
        BoulderExplodeIce            MiscAnimsEffectsIce_Explo
        LaserShot                    MiscAnimsEffectsRD_Laser_Weap
        SmashPath                    MiscAnimsEffectsConcrete_Explo
        Crystal                        MiscAnimsCrystalVLP_GreenCrystal
        Dynamite                    MiscAnimsDynamite
        Ore                            MiscAnimsOreOre1st
        ProcessedOre                MiscAnimsBrick2x2brick
        Barrier                        MiscAnimsBarrier

A bunch of these MiscObjects are just animations you see in the game. There's nothing in the CFG saying what properties these things have. They're pointers to stuff in the executable. We can't expand this list because we can't change the executable and distribute it legally. It sucks, but these are the kinds of limitations that we have to deal with in LRR.

Alright then. guess it would be miracle to find a way to make it work under any of the other categories... oh well.

Edit: oh! so i guess the ProcessedOre is the studs? I had been wondering bout that. :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.