◄[LR2] Voiced Scripts►

Fluffy Cupcake

Please read up on the guidelines if you haven't already, I'll be waiting for your voice sample. :thumbsup:

Going to record some later. But I don't really know what kind of voice would fit best. I guess I'll just record some different "voice styles" and put them into a Video and let you guys decide what you like most. (like higher/deeper voice or kinda 'nerdy' or something like that)

Regards

Dek

Shadowblaze

Please read up on the guidelines if you haven't already, I'll be waiting for your voice sample. :thumbsup:

Going to record some later. But I don't really know what kind of voice would fit best. I guess I'll just record some different "voice styles" and put them into a Video and let you guys decide what you like most. (like higher/deeper voice or kinda 'nerdy' or something like that)

Regards

Dek

As Sparky appears a lot in-game, I think that making him have a generic voice could work the best. If you make his voice annoying, or too particular in general, it would make the game a bit boring to play, I'm afraid.

As Sparky appears a lot in-game, I think that making him have a generic voice could work the best. If you make his voice annoying, or too particular in general, it would make the game a bit boring to play, I'm afraid.

Yeah I was thinking about that, too. But I want something that fits to the character. I'll put up a Video with some samples later.

Edit: I decided for one. Will still upload a sample and hope you guys like it.#

Edit 2: I recorded a whole bunch of lines and put tried to cut them - so I don't have all the mistakes in there. When I was about to be done the program crashed... now I'm kinda pissed. Could still upload a short part of it tho'.

Sample can be found here.

Both of you are very good in your own way, but, only one shall prevail!

I think.... hmmmmmmm... I, think I like Rio's voice better.

Now to wait and see what everyone else has to say.

Edit: First voice is Oboe, second is Rioforce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOQM47ON4RY

This video made me less sure of Rio's voice. It made me like OS's more.

I vote for the first one as well!

I'll try to do my voices this week.

Fluffy Cupcake

I was going to put some voices in the game today,  but when I went over your lines ...ouch! Some ear breaking parts. You clipped the sound!

This is in your Slyboots line:

AISXbKH.png

See how the audio goes over the top and bottom of the box? That's the problem. The word being said there is "Sanister". Actually, the first word said on there is on the verge of clipping too!

This also happens on Geoff's Dinosaur's line. I think everything else is okay.

I originally was going to just send this in a private message, but I figured it would be good for everyone else to learn at the same time too.

• Like 1

Quisoves Potoo

I was going to put some voices in the game today,  but when I went over your lines ...ouch! Some ear breaking parts. You clipped the sound!

This is in your Slyboots line:

AISXbKH.png

See how the audio goes over the top and bottom of the box? That's the problem. The word being said there is "Sanister". Actually, the first word said on there is on the verge of clipping too!

This also happens on Geoff's Dinosaur's line. I think everything else is okay.

I originally was going to just send this in a private message, but I figured it would be good for everyone else to learn at the same time too.

Sorry about that. I'll update the Slyboots one. But should I update the Geoff Dinosaur one? Are you going to put that one back into the game?

Fluffy Cupcake

Alright, so here are a few of the lines put into the game. Enjoy! (Scripts are not 100% finalized, they still need work to make actions in sync.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jMF8PyMh20

Lines will be incoming either Monday or Wednesday, depending on when I can jack my brother's mic and studio.

Lines will be incoming either Monday or Wednesday, depending on when I can jack my brother's mic and studio.

You have a brother?! McHasJob?

I really like the voice of Doc. It perfectly fits the character. At the other hand, Sam Sanister doesnt souds too good for me. But I think I need to hear the 'mean' voices dirst, because this were the sad voices.

Some of these are sounding pretty good. It's too bad the only free lines left are for female characters.

Fluffy Cupcake

Some of these are sounding pretty good. It's too bad the only free lines left are for female characters.

Just because they aren't free, doesn't mean you can't take a go at a character. People have taken multiple characters, and who knows, maybe someone will like your voice better for a character than someone who already took the spot.

Sam Sanister doesnt souds too good for me.

I don't think it is exactly the best fit voice either, but it is the best we have so far.

One other voice I'm on the fence with is Ben24x7's Workman Fred. Sounds a bit too... young. (Likely because Ben is only 13 years old).

By the way guys, I updated the file format specification. .AIF is no longer on the list (partially because people don't do it right, and also because I can't check bitrate that way).

• Like 1

I don't think it is exactly the best fit voice either, but it is the best we have so far.

I can give Sam a shot if you like.

Fluffy Cupcake

I can give Sam a shot if you like.

Go right ahead.

Fluffy Cupcake

I claim voicing Jay... because my actual real name is Jay  :P . Fair enough?

Anyway, I'll try and get my line recorded within the next couple of days.  :thumbsup:

I'm going to be honest with you, my name was already on Jay before you wrote that, though I did remove it after your request due to that being the single one line you chose to do. But then I just thought, why should that stop me? I'll take a stab at it anyway.

The reason I choose Jay myself, was because aside from pants colour, he looks just like the me minifigure. :P

Btw, where is that recording? I haven't received anything yet.

So I guess duel time.

Speaking of duels, here is one right now:

http://youtu.be/FhXhMRRYHMQ

Who did better? Vote or leave a comment!

@McJobless: Whatever happened to the voices you said would be coming out Monday or Wednesday?

@le717: Nice, though Chilly and Mike sound way too similar. Also, I think I prefer OS voice for Workman Jon.

@Ben24x7: What's going on with your line updates? Get working on getting that mic back!

@Cirevam Why haven't you signed up yet? You seem interested in the project. ;P

@Everyone else: Good job so far.

• Like 1

Quisoves Potoo

You seem to have mixed up my "Only the bravest racers" line from Sam Sanister with the one from Sam Sinister, er... Slyboots.

I'm sorry about taking so long in getting the two rerecorded (sans clipping and background noise respectively) lines to you, but I will do so soon. In the meantime, since both you and  Kajuter expressed dissatisfaction with my first Sam Sanister attempt, here is a sample with a much more normal voice, as opposed to the pantomime style of the first one. This does not mean that I am withdrawing my first set of Sanister recordings, only that I am considering recording and uploading a second set, as another option.

Shadowblaze

I think kajeuter's voice fits well with all the characters. A bit high pitched, always pretty jolly, perfect for a LEGO game. :thumbsup:

Quisoves, I think your attempts would work better if you didn't put all those pauses in your lines. Also, you seem to either stand too close to the microphone (probably not) or speak too loudly while being too close to the mic (probably yes).

• Like 1

Quisoves Potoo

Quisoves, I think your attempts would work better if you didn't put all those pauses in your lines. Also, you seem to either stand too close to the microphone (probably not) or speak too loudly while being too close to the mic (probably yes).

Pauses? Can you elaborate on this. I don't notice any in the first recording. In my experience, my tendency is to not pause enough. I see (or should I say "hear"? :P) that the second one has something of an awkward pause between "challenge" and  "Sam Sanister," but this is due to my somewhat awkward attempt at a German accent, and, as I said before, it was meant for Slyboots. For some reason, both Slyboots and Sam Sanister have the same line, so XIron has, understandably, mixed up my two attempts at it.

I'll try to remedy the microphone situation, though working with a built-in laptop microphone is far from ideal.

Also, I like Kajeuter's attempt at Workman Fred best, though I think it lacks proper emotion. It sounds as if he is just reading from a script. I would like to see him and Ben redo that line with some proper emotion.

• Like 1

Shadowblaze

I see (or should I say "hear"? :P) that the second one has something of an awkward pause between "challenge" and "Sam Sanister," but this is due to my somewhat awkward attempt at a German accent, and, as I said before, it was meant for Slyboots.

Yeah, it's probably because of the accent, as I can tell from the new attempt that the pauses I'm hearing are much more natural. I think there's a strange pause between "much" and "harder to beat". That sounds a bit weird to me.

• Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake

I think I did prefer QP's voice for Sam, though as blaze said and I have said before, those clippings need to be fixed (in other words, re-recording needs to be done). Also, don't pause so long between two sentences in the line I guess is what Shadow is saying.
Your second recording does sound better, yes. Though I think I like the way you said "you'll find me much harder to beat" better on the first.

Sooo, where is everyone else's opinion? I'm getting only one alternate opinion per vs video, much less than expected. And there is like what, 15 people working on this now?

*Xiron doesn't yet have any comments on Workman Fred*

On a side note, Sparky's script is now up. Player coming soon.

I think that each person should also record a laughing sound effect if their character laughs.

Edit: I guess I should give my opinion on the voices too.

I prefer kajueter Kajeuter for Workman Fred.

For Sam Sanister (or is it sinister) I can't really tell. Both sound like voices I could here coming from that character, but Kajeuter's Workman Fred voice and Sam Sanister voice sound similar so If Kajeuter voices Sam, then I think someone else should voice Workman Fred.

Edit: Sorry Kajeuter  >.<,  fixed it now 

O.T.
*Meanwhile in a parallel universe*

Kajmo: Hi Yajueter
Yajeuter: its Yajeuter
:P

Fluffy Cupcake

I think that each person should also record a laughing sound effect if their character laughs.

Yes, I added that into the script already. At the time of copy-paste I didn't realize a laugh was used.

SOOOOO, a laugh is required from both of you (not that it makes a difference on who gets the role. The laugh is in the minority.)

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.