◄[LR2] Voiced Scripts►

Fluffy Cupcake

@le717: Nice, though Chilly and Mike sound way too similar.

Yes, they do sound somewhat the same. But do they really need to be different, considering they are on two different worlds (and you race on Dino Island between them)?

Fluffy Cupcake

Alright, I have a question for you guys. Captain Geoff has an unused exploration dialogue and by default only shows up in bonus games. Should I do a WRL edit and add this dialouge to the main foyer world? Or just leave this mod to have nothing but plain ol edits of exclusively the script files? Also on this matter, if it is decided yes it should be added, do you think I should add a Professor Voltage (unused character) easter egg?

I'd also just like to say at this time I'm continuing to add more voices into the game. An update video soon? Perhaps.

That sounds like a good idea. Overall, I'm for adding the new characters, but if you wanted to, perhaps you could include the new voiceovers with the main mod, but keep the new characters as a separate download.

If that gets too convoluted, I'd just add the new characters.

• Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake

@le717: Nice, though Chilly and Mike sound way too similar.

Yes, they do sound somewhat the same. But do they really need to be different, considering they are on two different worlds (and you race on Dino Island between them)?

Not necessarily, though it is nice to have non-similar characters, unless they be siblings or something of the like.

Captain Geoff's unused dialog might be cool to hear. We never seen him outside the minigame, so that might be nice. If you add him (and other characters), you could always make the second pack a dependent pack ("You must have the main mod to use this one" deal).

Quisoves Potoo

Alright, I have a question for you guys. Captain Geoff has an unused exploration dialogue and by default only shows up in bonus games. Should I do a WRL edit and add this dialouge to the main foyer world? Or just leave this mod to have nothing but plain ol edits of exclusively the script files? Also on this matter, if it is decided yes it should be added, do you think I should add a Professor Voltage (unused character) easter egg?

I'd also just like to say at this time I'm continuing to add more voices into the game. An update video soon? Perhaps.

I'm sorry for not responding sooner. I was considering your question, I simply hadn't come to a conclusion. Anyway, I like the idea of an additional content pack that you've decided to go ahead with. As for Professor Voltage, perhaps he could be a Sparky substitute, seeing as Sparky replaced him. Or maybe one of the minigames could be re-tailored to include him and a mission appropriate to him.

• Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake
As for Professor Voltage, perhaps he could be a Sparky substitute, seeing as Sparky replaced him. Or maybe one of the minigames could be re-tailored to include him and a mission appropriate to him.

Professor Voltage mod! Well, maybe, that would be a lot of work actually.

In one minigame, perhaps. No idea which one though should this come to pass.

Hey, you know what world lacks NPCs in explore? Xalax. :P

Alright, so as for a spot for the Captain to be placed it, do you guys have any good suggestions for a location? Think logic. The same question applies for Professor Voltage as well I guess.

Professor Voltage as an NPC in Xalax sounds like a good idea, that area could use some life.

As for Captain Geoff, Anywhere in Sandy Bay works, I'd think. Near the water would make the most sense, I suppose, or just place him near where he spawns for the Taxi game.

Quisoves Potoo

Alright, so as for a spot for the Captain to be placed it, do you guys have any good suggestions for a location? Think logic. The same question applies for Professor Voltage as well I guess.

I think the best place for Captain Geoff is the beach near the Arctic Jump Point. It's nearly empty and is near enough the Dino Island Jump Point that he could have seen the "big ships." As for Prof. Voltage, what if he were to show up on every world, with every second mini-game augmented to feature him? If you decide to put him on Sandy Bay, I think the hospital makes sense for him.

That actually gives me an idea. Placing Professor Voltage on every world, including Xalax would be kind of fun. Maybe hiding him in some otherwise obscure area, giving him a different amusing quip for each location. I'd be up for trying to voice him, too. I'll try and match voice from the LEGOLAND intro the best I can.

• Like 2

Fluffy Cupcake

Sandy Bay Overhead View

gallery_426_377_118686.png

For Geoff I'd say the mini-beach next to the Western beach, but there is another hidden object there already. There is the North-West mini-beach with absolutely nothing there (except a nice double waterfall view :P), but that is a bit away from the Dino Port.

As for Prof. Voltage, what if he were to show up on every world, with every second mini-game augmented to feature him? If you decide to put him on Sandy Bay, I think the hospital makes sense for him.

Every second huh? This would prevent recycled dialogue from Sparky... (he says the same thing twice for both bonus games on each world, though that can be changed). Considered.

Yeah, the hospital/science lab area sounds about right.

Maybe hiding him in some otherwise obscure area, giving him a different amusing quip for each location.

Upsidedown on the loop! Minifigures can't be rotated unfortunately, rather their head just snaps off instead if at an inappropriate angle.

I'd be up for trying to voice him, too. I'll try and match voice from the LEGOLAND intro the best I can.

Heh, awesome!

lol username

That actually gives me an idea. Placing Professor voltage on every world, including Xalax would be kind of fun. Maybe hiding him in some otherwise obscure area, giving him a different amusing quip for each location. I'd be up for trying to voice him, too. I'll try and match voice from the LEGOLAND intro the best I can.

I like this idea for Voltage the best.

Fluffy Cupcake

I'd be up for trying to voice him, too. I'll try and match voice from the LEGOLAND intro the best I can.

Who's going to be the script writer? The director (me), or voice actor (you)? Actually, nevermind. The choice is obvious, as I've never played LEGOLAND, let alone know the cutscenes very well.

Quisoves Potoo

I'd also be willing to voice the Professor. I could also write the script, though since I don't own LEGOLAND, I have only the cutscenes to go on. So Oboe is probably the best bet.

I'm still working on these, but I thought I'd give you all a preview.

This is actually a rather difficult voice for me to do, so let me know if it works well enough. I've got some other quotes for him in my head that I'll try to get around to soon.

• 5 weeks later...

So, out of a combination of not being able to consistently do the voice in a way I liked, and simply not having time recently to actually record anything, I've decided to just hand Voltage over to Quisoves, since he also submitted a clip for him.

However, since it was mentioned that you would prefer the lines written by someone who's played his game, I'll provide the lines I was going to use for him.

Sandy Bay: "Ah, hello there! Professor Ignatius Voltage, at your service.  I'm looking for components to repair my time machine. You haven't seen any Brickonium-239 around here, have you?"

Dino Island: "I'm looking for new Ideas for dinosaur themed attractions to use at LEGOLAND. I think I'll stay away from the T-Rex though, after what happened last time..."

Mars: "This Martian technology is fascinating! If I manage to duplicate some, it could open up countless new possibilities! I wonder, if I combined a Martian deflector shield with a Zotaxian power core... oh, this will require more research, much more research indeed!"

Arctic: "There have been reports of a living creature made from solid ice in this area! I... ran into something similar once with my time machine, but that was an entire galaxy away! What could possibly cause such a creature to appear here?"

Xalax: "My granddaughter Veronica is quite the scientist herself, you know. She traveled across time and space with Rocket Racers to find  competitors for the previous championship. I'm not sure where's she's gotten herself to now, though..."

Feel free to work off of these, or tweak them or whatever. I decided to make most of them reference something else in the spirit of LEGOLAND, as the game's manual tried to make a connection between all of the characters and a previous LEGO game or theme.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Quisoves Potoo

Here at long last, is my re-recorded Sam Sanister dialogue. I'm terribly sorry for not getting this in earlier.

Please note that I did each of his lines in two different voices, one at a lower pitch than the other, hence the 1 and 2 folders.

Slyboots, Postman Mike, and Cap'n Geoff shall follow soon.

• Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake

These are definitely much better than last time! :thumbsup:

Alright, time to make the list of shame.

For those who have not completed their parts yet and are way overdue.

• JimbobJeffers - You sent me samples quite a while back ago, but these were not the final.
  • McJobless - You never sent me anything aside from unscripted samples.
  • - I know you are working on it, but you are still not completed
  • Ayliffe - You said you were going to try out for Jay. You never did.
  • McStudz - You were going to try out for Rocket Racer and Male Player. I never received anything.
  • Xiron - Not keeping up to speed with scripts modifying although having plenty of time to do so.

I added this list to the OP to bring even more public shame. ;)

If I was suppose to send feedback on anyone's voices that I forgot about, please do remind me.

I'd also at this time like to point out that Warrior is still unclaimed. Anyone up for voicing him?

• Like 3

Warrior is still unclaimed.

He isn't anymore. I've voiced all of his lines, and added the effects on it. The result isn't bad in matter of quality, but I lack of any voice acting skills so yeah, I tried my best. :P The result isn't that bad actually. Here is the download link: https://ore.rockraidersunited.org/legacy/Warrior%20Voices_785874.zip

How about making a list of the characters that you DIDNT receive and if they are still free?

That would give a good overview for everyone what's been submitted so far.

Right, I'll get to work and Record my lines straight away before I forget again. :P I'll probably do a couple of versions and let you decide which one is better. :)

Also, where do I upload the voice recording?

Fluffy Cupcake

He isn't anymore.

Well that was unexpected. Nice!

How about making a list of the characters that you DIDNT receive and if they are still free?

That would give a good overview for everyone what's been submitted so far.

That is exactly much what the list of shame does though... it lists who hasn't submitted their lines. Anything not listed has been taken care of already.

Anything listed as free is in the OP (hint: there is none, no one gave anything up)

Also, where do I upload the voice recording?

Any file sharing site. FileDropper doesn't require registration, so you can use that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.