.exe modding

RockmoddeR

I know I could get banned for his but I just have to put the idea out there...

EXE MODDING ISN'T MONITORED FOR 10 TEAR OLD GAMES ANYMORE!!!!!

EXAMPLE : the games by microsoft Midtown Madness 2 and Age of Empires are extensively modded, and their .exe's have been cracked and made to work without cd's.

these are online games too, and the Microsoft gaming zone let these go by without suing anyone....

I think it's safe to say .exe modding wouldn't be an issue, after all, we are already breaking the copyright agreement by modding in the first place.

after all, who doesn't want rr fps mode or new buildings or new vehicles or advanced ai?!!

But that is straight forward breaking the law (in most countries). At any time those people could be sued at any time. Modding data files is a shady area where most game companies allow it as long as you don't damage anything (like their profits) we have contacted them about modding and they have neither said yes or no about it. EXE modding is known as cracking which is very illegal and people are getting caught for doing it every day.

The other thing is, what everyone thinks they will be able to do if the modify the exe cannot be done. You have to disassemble the exe (also illegal, known as reverse engineering) the change things in the assembly language which is near impossible for any average programmer unless you've learnt the language (which is quite difficult).

If your going to do it, fine. But don't use RRU to discuss or share anything about it.

Oh. Ok Cyrem. I'm sorry. I didn't know the whole story behind exe modding anyway. I just thought it would be interesting to try and see what we could do. I didn't know that it was highly illegal. I think it would be best to just plain remove this topic...

TheEPICtrainrider

If Lego ever abandons Lego RR for 'budget cuts" and gives us the green light for modding we'll give you a call to jump start the modding. ;)

But sadly, the guys up in Lego Corp are still clinging onto RR... The only way the above would happen is if we all stopped buying LRR and they discontinue it. But that would mean no new members and no new members means...

So the only way we could ever get the go ahead for .exe mods would be

• Lego abandons it, but that would kill us n the end
  • Someone within the Lego Group who has power stumbles upon this site and takes pity on us
  • We draw straws to see who has to kidnap the president of the Lego Corp

*pulls out box of straws* who's first?

*pulls out straw*

sweet a long straw

what kind of things would exe modding let us do?

would it be illegal to go into the .exe and take a peak at what things in RR we have no control over(like the super duper solid rock at the edge of the map)?

(like the super duper solid rock at the edge of the map)?

I'm pretty sure that's there to define the boundaries of the map's data. As in, anything outside of that is undefined by the game, so anything that tries to exist outside of the boundaries will throw a whole bunch of exceptions and possibly crash the game. If not it would most likely be an empty colored void that you can see in the first and second-person views when looking at a recharge seam from an angle. It's there for our protection, and there's no reason to mess with it.

If Lego ever abandons Lego RR for 'budget cuts" and gives us the green light for modding we'll give you a call to jump start the modding. ;)

But sadly, the guys up in Lego Corp are still clinging onto RR... The only way the above would happen is if we all stopped buying LRR and they discontinue it. But that would mean no new members and no new members means...

So the only way we could ever get the go ahead for .exe mods would be

• Lego abandons it, but that would kill us n the end
  • Someone within the Lego Group who has power stumbles upon this site and takes pity on us
  • We draw straws to see who has to kidnap the president of the Lego Corp

*pulls out box of straws* who's first?

Lego won't abandon it and they won't give it to us.

what kind of things would exe modding let us do?

would it be illegal to go into the .exe and take a peak at what things in RR we have no control over(like the super duper solid rock at the edge of the map)?

For a normal programmer: Nothing

For a intelligent cracker: Bypass copy protection, inject code (pointless really, since you won't be able to change the game, just make popups and garbage), get reported to the cops for doing it

You can take a peak, that is fine. Just don't modify it.

Yes but there is still the option of Important guy pity.

He'd have to be a important dumb guy because for deliberately releasing the source without authorisation he would rack up some huge fines and possible a some jail time.