A game I'm working on: A 3D, multiplayer roguelike (Released on Steam June 23rd, 2015)

Addictgamer

lol username

Yay, I was wondering when RRU would get a topic on this. Looks interesting, I'd back it now but I'm totally broke at the moment. I will definitely spread it around though.

O_O

This... Looks like a 3D version of those old DOS games (DOOM, Wolfenstein, I.M. Meen, etc.).

IT LOOKS GLORIOUS. Yes, a lot of it ends up looking like a Minecraft clone (one of many), so in spite of this, you may lose interest. I know a few people who would write this game off as "another dungeon crawler but with a Minecraft art style and a dash of DOS". As I look more into this project, I see more and more similarities to Minecraft. Mods, blocks, those levers. I understand this is still in EARLY development, but I'd keep an eye out on making the visuals more distinct from Minecraft.

BUT THAT'S MY OPINION.

Regardless, I like this. As soon as I have a few bucks to throw at this game, you can expect fifty dollars from me. I'll spread the word to a few of my IRL friends who would likely be interested, as well as some of my Steam groups.

Best of luck on hitting that $8K goal and beyond, addict!

Addict, this is f****ing incredible. In fact, I remember yesterday as one of my random thoughts thinking "I wonder what Addict's game is going to be like."

There was a reason "Everything is Awesome" was playing at the time :D

This is going to end up f****ing incredible. Keep it up!

Drill Master

Gave a like to the post, however that's all I can give. If I had the money, I'd support it. I will definitely spread the word though. This game looks amazing! Can't wait!

It looks amazing O_O I wish I had money to back the project but I only have cash and no acces to my bank account on the internet :(

Shadowblaze

We also need music,

OH

OH

HERE I AM

Can I do an attempt to see if I can make the kind of music you need?

MaelstromIslander

That's awesome.... do you have a download for it? :) By the way, my dog doesn't like video games... so i can't tell my dog... D:

Addictgamer

Thanks for the support, guys!

O_O

This... Looks like a 3D version of those old DOS games (DOOM, Wolfenstein, I.M. Meen, etc.).

IT LOOKS GLORIOUS. Yes, a lot of it ends up looking like a Minecraft clone (one of many), so in spite of this, you may lose interest. I know a few people who would write this game off as "another dungeon crawler but with a Minecraft art style and a dash of DOS". As I look more into this project, I see more and more similarities to Minecraft. Mods, blocks, those levers. I understand this is still in EARLY development, but I'd keep an eye out on making the visuals more distinct from Minecraft.

BUT THAT'S MY OPINION.

Regardless, I like this. As soon as I have a few bucks to throw at this game, you can expect fifty dollars from me. I'll spread the word to a few of my IRL friends who would likely be interested, as well as some of my Steam groups.

Best of luck on hitting that $8K goal and beyond, addict!

Ya, I've seen people going "I SEE A CUBE. MINECRAFT CLONE *leaves*." We've got an artist, though, so the models and textures are going to get better.

Addict, this is f****ing incredible. In fact, I remember yesterday as one of my random thoughts thinking "I wonder what Addict's game is going to be like."

There was a reason "Everything is Awesome" was playing at the time :D

This is going to end up f****ing incredible. Keep it up!

What an awesome coincidence :D

Gave a like to the post, however that's all I can give. If I had the money, I'd support it. I will definitely spread the word though. This game looks amazing! Can't wait!

Please, guys, do spread the word, regardless of whether or not you end up backing the project! The best advertising is word of mouth ;)

That's awesome.... do you have a download for it? :) By the way, my dog doesn't like video games... so i can't tell my dog... D:

Er...a download for it? No...maybe...

Can I make textures and 8-bit music for the game ?

*Darn it, I thought you needed help that I never noticed to be donating... Whoops*

We also need music,

OH

OH

HERE I AM

Can I do an attempt to see if I can make the kind of music you need?

I think we're set with music for now. We have an awesome musician working with us who's been furiously hacking away at it. However, I will keep your offers in mind should we find out we need more help with that.

As for art, we might need more help with that. For now, we want to see how the kickstarter turns out before we make any plans. I'll keep your offers in mind though, so thank you all for your offers.

MaelstromIslander

I'd love to do textures... just that i dont know if mine are legit... maybe i could show you what i'm capable of doing? :)

Fluffy Cupcake

Oh. I just realized I can't back this. Credit card required, and I haven't yet got myself a credit card.

Is it possible I could somehow back through PayPal?

Oh. I just realized I can't back this. Credit card required, and I haven't yet got myself a credit card.

KS goes through Amazon AFAIK. So unfortunatly no.

Addictgamer

KS goes through Amazon AFAIK. So unfortunatly no.

Eww. That is very unfortunate :/

I think I've heard that you can transfer paypal money into credit cards? Perhaps you could use it in conjunction with one of those prepaid credit cards (I usually use those when I have to shop online)?

Actually, wait. On the subject of prepaid credit cards, you can bypass the paypal step altogether.

Eww.

I'd love to do textures... just that i dont know if mine are legit... maybe i could show you what i'm capable of doing? :)

Hmm. Showing examples of your work can't hurt :)

Though, keep in mind I won't be able to tell you if we need any more team members in the art section for certain, yet. We'll have to see how everything turns out. I also can't guarantee compensation, if you're concerned about that.

Fluffy Cupcake

Well, I wasn't exactly sure what to think of it by screenshots alone, but now that I tried the demo, I can say I really like it!

Super-personal preference thing:

I've never been really fond of blood in my games, espesially lingering ones. Perhaps a way to turn the blood pools off in the settings (the ones when you kill something)? If not, I can live with it. It isn't the end of the world.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Addictgamer

Well, I wasn't exactly sure what to think of it by screenshots alone, but now that I tried the demo, I can say I really like it!

Super-personal preference thing:

I've never been really fond of blood in my games, espesially lingering ones. Perhaps a way to turn the blood pools off in the settings (the ones when you kill something)? If not, I can live with it. It isn't the end of the world.

Done :)

----------

Hey all, check out NEW DEMO! :D

There's not really any new feature. Mostly we fixed a bunch of bugs, added a bunch of performance boosts, and some minor tweaks (like last IP you joined is saved, ability to toggle gibs off in settings, etc). It doesn't help that finals fell during these last two weeks <_<

I want to do a few more public demos/alphas. With all those bug fixes and optimizations are out of the way, we're going back to adding new content.

Also, if any of you use twitter, facebook, etc, consider checkout out the game's facebook and twitter pages, giving some likes, tweets, retweets, favorites, such stuff, and spreading the word in general ;)

Edit:

Forgot to mention, Barony has a forum now!

• Like 3

MaelstromIslander

If its bright red cartoony blood this would be rated... i dunno, T? If its normal blood but not huge, T, and if its REALLY violent with cutting people in half and that, rated M.

Thank you, this message was from the MAEL-ESRB.

I discovered a bug; hitting "Ok" or "Accept" on the settings will make the game shut off, so i can't turn off blood, could you fix this?

And, it lags to heck when you try to fight the goblins on the second level.

Addictgamer

I discovered a bug; hitting "Ok" or "Accept" on the settings will make the game shut off, so i can't turn off blood, could you fix this?

Are you running the Windows version?

You'll have to edit the cfg manually. Open up default.cfg and add noblood

And, it lags to heck when you try to fight the goblins on the second level.

You lag when fighting goblins?

A) What's your FPS normally, and then when fighting goblins (type showfps) ?

B) Computer specs?

MaelstromIslander

I'll go try /showfps but it really lags bad. Sometimes i have to shut it off.

And, about the blood; on windows, you dont need to type in code, you just have to go to settings, then turn off blood and not hit Ok or Accept. Then it completely removes the blood.

By the way, my dad tried to play it with his windows vista computer and it wouldn't work, could you some-how modify it to work for vista?

Addictgamer

By the way, my dad tried to play it with his windows vista computer and it wouldn't work, could you some-how modify it to work for vista?

What was the issue?

Can you post his stderr.txt (it's found in the game's directory)?

• lol username featured this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.