TT Games Explorer

Ac_K

TT Games Explorer:

This tool allow you to extract and modify file of the LEGO Traveller's Tales Games.

//New Screenshots coming...

116udfa.png

bhgm02.png

doq77q.png

10shy7o.png

Changelog:

v0.1 BETA

• Full support of *.DAT/*.HDR files extraction (one or all files).
  • LZ2K and DFLT Uncompression files support.
  • *.TEX files preview support (and extract as PNG file).
  • Edit of *.TXT/*.SF/*.SUB/*.CSV files, with Color Syntax (Need to Fix Color Syntax).
  • Basic folder explorer to read the DAT extracted files, and try to Preview/Edit them.
  • Many littles options. 

v0.1 BETA Download Link (No Readme file included).

.NET Framework 4.0 and .NET Framework 2.0 needed (I need to fix for just use .NET Framework 4.0).

Please, take in consideration it's a beta version so many things are not finish (Like there is no progress bar when you extract all files of a DAT file).

If you have any bug, idea, or you want help me, you feel free to contact me at Pakexplorer[at]gmail.com or through this forum in this topic or PM.

Thanks.

// Old presentation Topic.

Hi, i'm new in Lego Modding and I currently working on a new mutli-tools editor.

Right now I'm able to open *.DAT files of a game (*.HDR file include) and extract files of them.

It's already do in QuickBMS, but I wanna a tool, more user friendly with a GUI.

2uzxlx0.png

2evt3wn.png

I try my tool on Xbox360 and PC *.DAT files, it's work.

I can:

- Open *.DAT/*.HDR files.

- Show all *.DAT files infos.

- Extract one file.

- Extract All with folder tree.

- Decompress LZ2K file.

- Play WAV file.

Next things to do are:

- Decompress DFLT file.

- Preview DDS file.

- Play all audio files (OGG, XMA, etc...).

- Preview "text" files (ident, syntax color, etc...).

- Do a Lego Game "Mod Ready" (Uncompress all *.DAT files).

- Add format description in Explorer.

- Add a Windows Explorer for edit "Mod Ready" game.

- Function to add a Characters in Game.

- more others...

Until I don't have do many little things to have a tool clean, I don't release it (It's depend to my free time).

But I post topic here to find many informations as possible, If you know how mod file of Lego Game, how open files of Lego Game (like 3d models) or any kind of informations who can help me to do the more powerfull tool, contact me, through this topic or PM, you feel free to do it!

I hope you enjoy this tool. Sorry for my english, i'm not fluent english speaker!

Thanks. 

Edited by Slimy Slug

lol username

DSDtm.jpg

Though I would suggest using an icon other than the LEGO logo - LEGO is fairly picky about how and where that's used, and they tend to frown upon it being used in unofficial stuff. They don't even allow it to be used in Cuusoo project mockup images IIRC.

Until I don't have do many little things to have a tool clean, I don't release it (It's depend to my free time).

But I post topic here to find many informations as possible, If you know how mod file of Lego Game, how open files of Lego Game (like 3d models) or any kind of informations who can help me to do the more powerfull tool, contact me, through this topic or PM, you feel free to do it!

This is pretty awesome, many thanks :D We've been modding a couple of TT Game's LEGO titles, so we've got a bit of research down. Kirkby has an incredible grasp on the file formats and he, Brickkeeper, Jamesster and I all have a pretty good idea of what everything does and the file paths for everything.

Definitely agree with Jamesster, you should change that icon before you get shot by LEGO.

What is in the "Cut" Folder? Cut Objects,characters,items?

No, those are files related to cutscenes. Any deleted content items that are still left in the files generally have the same path as if they weren't cut in the first place. For example, a huge amount of files from LCU are still in The LEGO Movie Videogame in their original file locations.

Hi,
Thanks for your responses.
Oki I will change the icon of program, it's not the most difficult thing to do^^!

EDIT:

Due to the JrMasterModelBuilder reply, I edit my post and remove the part about MD5 hashes because this method is a bad solution to have an open tools... So I will do generic functions with error message if files are not find, etc...

You can send me informations, help or ideas through this topic, by PM or on pakexplorer[AT]gmail.com.

Thanks in advance.

PS @ McJobless : If you can contact me to discuss about what you are able to do, your ideas, beta test, or other, it will be great ;) Thx!

JrMasterModelBuilder

I would strongly recommend not using MD5 hashes to detect what game is being used. Or at least, make sure it's possible to load unrecognized games through a manual override. It's not uncommon for different copies of LEGO games to have different executables and thus different MD5 hashes, and sometimes there are patches that are released at a later date. Plus, if someone is trying to use your tool on a non-Windows copy of the game, such as Mac or console copies, they will not be able to.

If it's an issue with trying to read different file format versions, a feature-detect/format-detection/sanity-check system would be much more reliable.

After many researches about how to use this easierly, you have right, I want a tool full open as possible, to use with any versions of games, etc... So I did the function "Mod Ready" different!

I saw you did many tools on old Lego Games, if you want, it's possible to add this to my tool and have just one tool to edit all Lego Game ;)... Feel free to contact me!

Hi,

Sorry for this second post, I've many new things done!

First, I rename my tool "TT Games Explorer" to have any problem of copyright...

116udfa.png

bhgm02.png

doq77q.png

As you can see, the explorer is here, not really complete but it's works... After that, you can Double Click on a file, if a sub-tools exist, it's open the file... Like DAT/HDR or TXT CSV...

I need to code too many things and I've any response so it's not very motivating, but this tool it's for me first :).

For the TXT/CSV, I need to update the Color Syntax who failed at certains times, and wrote the save function. (And update the Syntax Keywords by all them are present in files...)

For the DAT/HDR, I need to modify the UI and do the Mod Ready function.

After that, I try to preview the DDS files...

Feel free to contact me for questions, ideas, etc...

Edited by Slimy Slug
  • Like 2

shadow_lonely

After many researches about how to use this easierly, you have right, I want a tool full open as possible, to use with any versions of games, etc... So I did the function "Mod Ready" different!

I saw you did many tools on old Lego Games, if you want, it's possible to add this to my tool and have just one tool to edit all Lego Game ;)... Feel free to contact me!

Hi,

Sorry for this second post, I've many new things done!

First, I rename my tool "TT Games Explorer" to have any problem of copyright...

116udfa.jpg

bhgm02.jpg

doq77q.jpg

As you can see, the explorer is here, not really complete but it's works... After that, you can Double Click on a file, if a sub-tools exist, it's open the file... Like DAT/HDR or TXT CSV...

I need to code too many things and I've any response so it's not very motivating, but this tool it's for me first :).

!

Hi! Your tool is working with *.nxg_textures? I found these files contain multi .DDS file! I try to find anyone help me create a bmsscript to extract these file! Thanks!

Yes, certainly in future... I need to code many "basic" things before but I want support all files formats... but there is compressed files, crypted files, etc... So if it's possible I support them...

What's had you find on *.nxg_textures files? Have you research the format struct?

shadow_lonely

Yes, certainly in future... I need to code many "basic" things before but I want support all files formats... but there is compressed files, crypted files, etc... So if it's possible I support them...

What's had you find on *.nxg_textures files? Have you research the format struct?

I founded in hex! I'm newbie! I think it same zv4 struct! I don't know how to code, how to create a bms script!

quickbms_zps5877e8fa.png

zv4 script:

idstring "zV4x12"

get FILES long
goto 0x18

for i = 0 < FILES
   get NOFFSET long
   get OFFSET long
   get SIZE long
   get UNKNOWN long
   get NULL long
   get DUMMY longlong
   savepos TEMP
   goto NOFFSET
   get NAME string
   log NAME OFFSET SIZE
   goto TEMP
next i

I think, If I change value's this script, I can extract file! But I don't understand about code. Example: goto 0x18 #what is mean in hex? I you help me explain it and help me create bms script. I can upload example for you! Thanks!

I take a look at *.nxg_texture file... It's not really like Zv4.

The first 4 bytes are the size of the next "Main File" parts (in Big Endian) who's contains name of the "Main File" and other informations...

After That, the next 4 bytes are the size of the "Sub Files" parts...

I thinks I add the support to my tools when I've done the basic funtions.

for your question, "goto 0x18" said "put the read cursor at the offset 0x18", I think you need to read tutorial of hexadecimal to understand ;)

• Like 1

shadow_lonely

I take a look at *.nxg_texture file... It's not really like Zv4.

The first 4 bytes are the size of the next "Main File" parts (in Big Endian) who's contains name of the "Main File" and other informations...

After That, the next 4 bytes are the size of the "Sub Files" parts...

I thinks I add the support to my tools when I've done the basic funtions.

for your question, "goto 0x18" said "put the read cursor at the offset 0x18", I think you need to read tutorial of hexadecimal to understand ;)

You will pubilc your tool soon? I will waiting for your tools! Now, i only extract DDS file by hand, it's cost more time! @@

JrMasterModelBuilder

Awesome!

I don't mind if you do this, everything I release is released as openly as I can. If you want to make a universal tool supporting the formats I broke, I won't stop you. It would be cool if listed me in the credits for the formats I reverse engineered though!

McJobless

Guys, what are you talking about...

.nxg_textures is just an archive of DDS textures. The .tex files are just .dds files renamed to .tex

• Like 1

shadow_lonely

.nxg_textures is just an archive of DDS textures. The .tex files are just .dds files renamed to .tex

I think these file contain files here! ^^

LEGOEMMETEXE_0x7EA8AEF3_zps62cb355b.png

LEGOEMMETEXE_0x1549198D_zpsd27b225d.png

I don't mind if you do this, everything I release is released as openly as I can. If you want to make a universal tool supporting the formats I broke, I won't stop you. It would be cool if listed me in the credits for the formats I reverse engineered though!

I need and I want help, to support me because I already do more Games Tools (OpenIV by example) and I know after few times alone, we are broke to code ^^! So if we do a team with many peoples who search files format or other things, it's will be good... Any people who can help me is credited in my tool, I don't want steal any informations or anything else!

.nxg_textures files are DDS Library, there a stack of DDS files in it, but before there is filenames and other informations ;) That's what I'm talking about!

News of TT Games Editor:

I be able to decompress DFLT files, so I can read .tex files an other formats who compress with.

So, I wrote the DDS preview:

10shy7o.jpg

You can extract the picture in PNG, to modify the picture just use Photoshop, I think I put a help message in the Preview Window...

Tomorrow, I certainly check the main functions, to do what's missing and I release the first beta version after that!

• Like 3

shadow_lonely

I need and I want help, to support me because I already do more Games Tools (OpenIV by example) and I know after few times alone, we are broke to code ^^! So if we do a team with many peoples who search files format or other things, it's will be good... Any people who can help me is credited in my tool, I don't want steal any informations or anything else!

.nxg_textures files are DDS Library, there a stack of DDS files in it, but before there is filenames and other informations ;) That's what I'm talking about!

News of TT Games Editor:

I be able to decompress DFLT files, so I can read .tex files an other formats who compress with.

So, I wrote the DDS preview:

10shy7o.jpg

You can extract the picture in PNG, to modify the picture just use Photoshop, I think I put a help message in the Preview Window...

Tomorrow, I certainly check the main functions, to do what's missing and I release the first beta version after that!

Good job! Can't wait more! :D

Hi, I updated my first post, the first BETA version is release, I hope you like it!

TT Games Explorer:

This tool allow you to extract and modify file of the LEGO Traveller's Tales Games.

//New Screenshots coming...

116udfa.jpg

bhgm02.jpg

doq77q.jpg

10shy7o.jpg

Changelog:

v0.1 BETA

• Full support of *.DAT/*.HDR files extraction (one or all files).
  • LZ2K and DFLT Uncompression files support.
  • *.TEX files preview support (and extract as PNG file).
  • Edit of *.TXT/*.SF/*.SUB/*.CSV files, with Color Syntax (Need to Fix Color Syntax).
  • Basic folder explorer to read the DAT extracted files, and try to Preview/Edit them.
  • Many littles options. 

v0.1 BETA Download Link : http://www77.zippyshare.com/v/94090126/file.html (No Readme file included).

Please, take in consideration it's a beta version so many things are not finish (Like there is no progress bar when you extract all files of a DAT file).

If you have any bug, idea, or you want help me, you feel free to contact me at Pakexplorer[at]gmail.com or through this forum in this topic or PM.

Thanks.

• Like 5

JrMasterModelBuilder

Wait, is that the OP codes from the actual games being used to decompress the files? If so, that's impressive. Also, I see the main application is .NET based, any chance of it being open-sourced so that we can try to compile it on other platforms such as Mac/Linux using Mono? It would be really nice if this project were hosted on Github.

It´s a ASM dump (and patch) of the uncomp functions in the games executable. But I don't do the reverse, you can find this functions in the QuickBMS source, I just take and put them info a DLL. (Credited in "About" in my tool).

I certainly do my tool open source and put the sources on GitHub but right now I prefere don't show you my ugly source code ^^, I need to clean them and rewrote many function more readable!

shadow_lonely

It´s a ASM dump (and patch) of the uncomp functions in the games executable. But I don't do the reverse, you can find this functions in the QuickBMS source, I just take and put them info a DLL. (Credited in "About" in my tool).

I certainly do my tool open source and put the sources on GitHub but right now I prefere don't show you my ugly source code ^^, I need to clean them and rewrote many function more readable!

Can you help me edit this file texture

DDS |.......8.......................................................NVTT.... .......DXT5................................NU2T......

Game work with this structure! If I save it with photoshop dxt5 with alpha, generate MID map, it's will not display in game and have

DDS |.......8............................................................... .......DXT5......................

Thanks!

@shadow_lonely:

Please, stop spam my tool topic with your *.ngx_texture files or your DDS problems... If you want help from me, learn the basic (Hexadecimal, files structures, etc...). You can contact me by PM with the infos you find or your problem there is no problem with that... Don't post me the text version of a file, I can do nothing with that... If you really want open a file, do that yourself! No offense here but stop spam me! Before open close format files, I need to open the other files.

News about TT Games Editor, I find a bug when you open DAT files... I need to fix it and I update my tool!

Anyone would beta-test it?

• Like 1

I'll beta test for you, Ac_K. Though I only have IJ2 and Batman 2, I have access to many of the game demos if that would do. Just tell me what to do, what I am looking for, and how to tell if it worked or not. :)

ProfessorBrickkeeper

I'm willing to beta test it. I own a variety of TT games (Bionicle Heros, LSW:TCS, LHP:Y1-4, LPotC, and LTLotR). I have done some modding with TT games in the past (I discovered how to load directly into cutscene only levels/environments awhile back) so I could imagine having a nice time evaluating and helping to test this. Best of luck until it is ready to be tested!

(BTW, although I frequently use a Windows VM, you should considered launching a Mac version of this as well, seeing as TT games ports their games over to it.)

• Cyrem locked this topic
  • Cyrem unlocked this topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.