Mars Enhance

Shadowblaze

Shadowblaze

I just did a simple mod for Mars. I always thought it looked a bit dull, so I added some objects here and there to fill the empty spots.

It's nothing too complex, just new objects and an alien moved somewhere else.

Downloads

So, I decided to put two different downloads up: The "beginner" version and the "Compatibility" version. The first one is easier to install, but hasn't got any compatibility with other mods of the game. The Compatibility version is harder to install, but lets you preserve mods that overwrite a WRL file.

Beginner

Download link: LR2 Mars Enhance_588621.zip

Installation instructions: Overwrite the files and you're good to go.

Compatibility

Download link: LR2 Mars Enhance (Compatibility)_831438.zip

Installation instructions: Open MARS.WRL and the downloaded files (MARS.PT1 and MARS.PT2) with an Hex Editor. Copy all the content from MARS.PT1 to the end of the file MARS.WRL; then using the "Find" function of your Hex Editor search for "Antaries" (yep, the developers can't spell), and overwrite all the bytes that follow OBMGcScriptTrigger with the OBMGcTrigger segment that is located in the downloaded file; then repeat the process, but this time with the OBMGcMiniFig that contains the word "Antaries".

It's a bit of a complex and twisted process (same goes for the instructions :P ), but I believe it's worth it.

Here there are a couple pics of the most important changes:

gallery_8156_447_1405823.png

gallery_8156_447_349432.png

As I said already, this is a simple mod, and doesn't have really that many changes. So don't come here and rant at me if you don't like it. :P

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

Xiron, would you mind copying this into your Relocation Mod so that I can have both and be lazy? l405G.jpg Because I want all the pretty objects but don't want to lose the relocations... and I can't be bothered editing the .WRL. l405G.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.