Jimbob

If you'd like, I'll make an HD version of the wheels and tires so they aren't so pixelated. I think I have one lying around somewhere...

NVM that. The one I had is no good.

Anyway, you should see about making the tires better quality.

Awesome!

I guess all that is left is to make the rear bucket and frame behind the driver.

Thanks! Yep, among a few other bits too, all are more complex than a standard plate so will require a bit of time.

! Where's that drooling smiley I asked about!? It's necessary here!

Amazing work! Next project: HQ body parts? :D

May I ask what resolution you're running the game at?

I guess all that is left is to make the rear bucket and frame behind the driver.

What about the wheels? He said he might remodel them. :o

We're closed for remodelling!

Haha, thank you also! I'm running the game at 640x480 resolution, I didn't realise you could run it higher than that?

Yeah, I might remodel the wheels. I'll leave them for now though, I want to make sure the other parts are covered first. It's just that modelling a circle more detailed then the one in the game... Ain't as easy as it might sound. ;)

If you'd like, I'll make an HD version of the wheels and tires so they aren't so pixelated. I think I have one lying around somewhere...

NVM that. The one I had is no good.

Anyway, you should see about making the tires better quality.

Thanks for the thought. :) I actually took the front grille from one of the instruction PDFs, by zooming right in and print screening it, then manipulating it in Photoshop I managed to get a nice high-res version of it. As for the tires, well, I'm not a great designer from scratch... :/ I can do vector stuff (e.g. Vector Raiders) but I'm rubbish at realistic things.

On 01/11/2014 at 8:54 PM, JimbobJeffers said:

I'm running the game at 640x480 resolution, I didn't realise you could run it higher than that?

It's been known for quite a long time:

Here's a pic of how the shortcut should look (taken from le717's post on there):

j0zcco.jpg

Wait.. you've posted on that topic before...

So many people have congratulated you that I'm stuck to find something original. G8Zgj.jpg

This is looking brilliant.

(Now, what about that Rock Racers overhaul you were doing.... G8Zgj.jpg)

Next up: Rocket Racer's car turned into a Chrome Crusher. G8Zgj.jpg

So many people have congratulated you that I'm stuck to find something original. G8Zgj.jpg

This is looking brilliant.

(Now, what about that Rock Racers overhaul you were doing.... G8Zgj.jpg)

Next up: Rocket Racer's car turned into a Chrome Crusher. G8Zgj.jpg

Why thank you! But seriously, a Chrome Crusher? That thing would barely fit down all the tunnels. :P

Unless he gets a little mini one, like the mini pedal cars you can get for kids.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to hold off posting an update until this was finished, but it's been over a week now and I just wanted to show that I have still been working on it. :)

Behold... The almost-complete Small Transport Truck!

Updates:

• Added 3D grilles
  • Finished the back turquoise plate-with-bar
  • Added parts on the back, including hinge brick
  • Redesigned the wheels (now retextured with modified LRR textures)

All that I have left to add are:

• Back tipper bucket, including LRR logo tile inside
  • Seat back
  • Steering wheel

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention - the developers made Redbeard's wheels as octagons, using 208 Vertices, 112 Indices and 19 Indices Meta entries to do so. I made mine as octagons also, but only used 48 Vertices, 40 Indices and 22 Indices Meta entries! :P

Incredible!

I see you're running the game at a higher resolution now. ;)

Is the side of the hinge brick a texture or actually modelled?

EDIT: I just realised that the shadow matches the model. Is that automatically done or is it part of the model?

Coolio. I can't wait to see the final product!

Hopefully you won't have to wait long!

Incredible!

I see you're running the game at a higher resolution now. ;)

Is the side of the hinge brick a texture or actually modelled?

EDIT: I just realised that the shadow matches the model. Is that automatically done or is it part of the model?

Yep, thanks again for showing me how. :)

The hinge brick side is a texture as this model is getting pretty big now, so I wanted to keep things simple where possible.

The shading isn't automatic (see 's image ), but I found an incredibly simple way of doing it which I'll be adding to the tutorial once I've finished this.

EDIT: Did you mean the floor shadow? Because that's automatically done, thankfully. I don't know how the game works it out though, as you can see there are lots of random gaps.

This is so impressive. When I first joined, (has it been two years already?) I could only imagine the day this would be possible. And now it's here.

I can't wait till I reiterate this statement for custom tracks.

MaelstromIslander

First a small transport truck...

Then...

THE WORLD

This is very impressive, and if i had my LEGO racers computer i'd download this mod right away. If we can make another brick category, i'd want the parts of the car in it. :P

(However, i think theres a limit to brick categories as well...)

You should make more, JJ! I'm really waiting to get a Planet U map. :P

Fluffy Cupcake
I can't wait till I reiterate this statement for custom tracks.

I'm just waiting... watching, for the first glimmering chance of being able to make one. :smug:

Thanks! :D

I was planning on releasing a more usable parts list for people to download (so, you pick on of the parts and download it separately to stick into your model). But it hadn't occurred to me to mod those into the Build Car menu - would that be possible? I don't know how it would work with the collision meshes or-whatever-you-call-them.

On a side note, over time, I would like to start making more. Hover Scout next, then I might move onto buildings. I dunno. It'd get easier as my parts collection expands.

-snip-

You deserve that. "Popular" tag. You completely deserve that.

Now, what about that Rock Racers overhaul of yours? G8Zgj.jpg

Aw, thanks! :D

Yeah, I'd like to revive that, but I'll do some more separate models first. I was thinking of creating buildings, adding more vehicles and making the racers into the Rock Raiders, but I'd like to have a decent amount done before updating Rock Racers.

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot to post this. I'd almost finished the Hover Scout, but then got some commission work and have been quite busy since. Hopefully I'll be able to finish it in a couple of weeks when I'm done.

Yep, it's floating! All that's left is to:

• Properly model the legs
  • Add the control sticks
  • Possibly shift the lights sideways a bit, I think I put them too far inward

No wheels, no steering wheel, a block for legs, NO HANDS! and still manages to pull off a smile bahahahaha

Well done! thats great work!.

Hovering vehicles is actually a decent idea for a mod. If you had lake/sand racers or something.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.