LEGO Island Ripper Tool by Supper

Mr. Eight-Three-One

Mr. Eight-Three-One

I'm not sure if this is redundant compared to this, but considering we haven't made a whole lot of progress since that posting, I figured I might as well bring this up here.

You all remember Supper, right? If not, he was the one who uploaded this video. It naturally got a lot of attention but he was surprisingly quiet about it despite all the comments y'all bombarded that video with. Turns out this was the result of a little extracting tool he hacked together. After being impressed with his work on his Humongous Entertainment rippers, I thought I'd ask him how he got it. His response:

That was something I slapped together in a week a long time ago and never got around to finishing. IIRC it does sound and movies just fine, but a lot of the graphics stuff doesn't work right. I'll upload what I have whenever I can get the source off of my currently broken computer.

Here we are nearly two weeks later, and here it is. It's not quite as nice as the Riff tool as it doesn't rip files by their actual names, but I thought you would want a look at it anyway. He's included the source code (this one is coded in C instead of Python) so I thought that would be a help as well. This works as a command line -- you simply stick whatever SI file you want in the same folder as the exe, and run it as "lierip [filename].si". For a list of parameters, simply type "lierip". Thus far, it only rips sounds, videos, and bitmaps.

Again, I don't know how much further it gets us, but I thought you would at least like to give it a try. Don't expect anything great -- again, he outright admitted he didn't spend much time on this, but seeing how the source code is included, maybe someone else could pick up the project and push it a little further.

Download: https://www.rockraidersunited.com/files/dl-r231/

Alt Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1g0y1e7tv6h1baa/lierip.7z

Wow,this extracts more music and sound effects and voices than LIME! Not sure if it is more textures than the Riff tool since I can't get it to work. :P 

• 1 year later...
johnythundermasterb

Sorry to bump a nearly year old topic, but that Mediafire link is dead and I was wondering if anyone else had the ripper? Thank you.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry to bump this, but I have just spotted something off about the bmp extraction.

There's column of pixels on the right that should be on the left, as though extraction started from the wrong offset. Might be an off-by-one error.

• 2 months later...

Not sure if I was allowed to, but since I was running Linux and had problems getting the executable to work fine I edited some parts of the source code and compiled it myself. I have uploaded the Linux executable with the edited source code here, in case someone else runs Linux too:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.