BIONICLE Website Updated

STUDZ

Some time today, LEGO updated the BIONICLE website with some more info on what to expect in 2015 for the story.

New details included in this update are details on the six regions (First-gen prefixes like "Ko" or "Onu" are pretty much canned), some art of the scenery, a more realistic picture of Okoto (which has an even more striking resemblance to Mata Nui now), and details on the Skull Spiders.

Plus, we've got a general description of all the Protectors:

"The Protectors wear sacred Elemental Masks that have been passed down through the generations from father to son along with the Prophecy of Heroes, which foretells the coming of Tahu and his allies. In their wisdom, the Protectors must guide the heroes on their quest."

So this pretty much confirms generations for the villagers as well as the Protectors being elder figures like the Turaga of old.

There are also instructions and the promotional comics that come with the sets on the site, among other things. It also seems that there will be more cartoons to come in the next few months.

So if you're at all interested, be sure to check it all out at Bionicle.com!

Sources: http://www.lego.com/en-us/bionicle
  • Like 1

It's not much new information, and I think we'd guessed most of it...

father to son

PLOT TWIST l405G.jpg I'm honestly hoping this was just a mistake. Turaga never did die or have a need for somebody to take up their job.

(I'm still calling them Turaga l405G.jpg)

Fluffy Cupcake

It kind of is to me. The only information I get of Bionicle is what you guys post here, and most of that information goes through one ear and out the other. :P I suppose I'll actually click the link this time though. *click*

It kind of is to me. The only information I get of Bionicle is what you guys post here, and most of that information goes through one ear and out the other. :P I suppose I'll actually click the link this time though. *click*

What? Did you know nothing of the 2001 Bionicle storyline?

For most of us we can - have - guess(ed) the plot from the 2001 information and so it isn't very new.

Fluffy Cupcake

What? Did you know nothing of the 2001 Bionicle storyline?

Not really. All I know of Bionicle is what I got from Bionicle: The Game, which doesn't tell much. Oh, and I watched a movie once. I don't think that was helpful for understanding the story much, especially jumping into the movie knowing nothing about the background of Bionicle.

Fluffy Cupcake

Which movie was it?

That question was inevitable wasn't it? I almost was going to say that in the last post. :P

Anyhow, I don't recall it was a long time ago.

Edit: As aiden led me to, it was Bionicle 2: The Least Plot Background one which was what I saw.

I haven't seen any of the movies.  Should I go watch those? :P

I played about two thirds of MNOG, and read some a long time ago...

I need to dig out my information again and finish that.

I haven't seen any of the movies. Should I go watch those? :P

If you can find them, yes.

Otherwise... you'll find all the information you need at BIONICLEsector01, and everything else at BioMediaProject. (There you'll also find MNOG).

The movies don't contain too much of interest, they've jammed together a lot of stuff and they're not all entirely canon. (Pereki wrote a long rant on the Mask of Light movie.)

I haven't seen any of the movies. Should I go watch those? :P

If you can find them, yes.

Otherwise... you'll find all the information you need at BIONICLEsector01, and everything else at BioMediaProject. (There you'll also find MNOG).

The movies don't contain too much of interest, they've jammed together a lot of stuff and they're not all entirely canon. (Pereki wrote a long rant on the Mask of Light movie.)

I shall keep this under advisement.  I know a guy who had all of them on DVD...

Quisoves Potoo

I'm honestly hoping this was just a mistake. Turaga never did die or have a need for somebody to take up their job.

I rather think not, given the presence of a little Okotan in this picture:

1hy2015_e01_ls_1128w.jpg?l.r2=-196426595

These guys really need to check for typos. First with Onua being spelled Onya at first, and now the Region of Fire villages are called the Fir Tribe Villages  -_- Also, the Ice Village shows images of Gali and the Water protector under the names of Kopaka and the Ice Protector *sigh* sloppiness.

These guys really need to check for typos. First with Onua being spelled Onya at first, and now the Region of Fire villages are called the Fir Tribe Villages  -_- Also, the Ice Village shows images of Gali and the Water protector under the names of Kopaka and the Ice Protector *sigh* sloppiness.

Why is it that when I read your almost-complaining post about small typos that will be fixed, I think of this song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvhFs2bdRpE

• Like 1

MaelstromIslander

father to son

WHAT!?!! BIONICLE CHARACTERS CAN'T HAVE CHILDREN!?!?!

The whole universe has been canned.

Heres a little artwork in advance.

CannedBionicle.png

These guys really need to check for typos. First with Onua being spelled Onya at first, and now the Region of Fire villages are called the Fir Tribe Villages -_- Also, the Ice Village shows images of Gali and the Water protector under the names of Kopaka and the Ice Protector *sigh* sloppiness.

Maybe they got a ton of stunned monkeys to do this stuff.

The Ace Railgun

Parents better get ready for that moment when their kid asks "Daddy how are BIONICLES born?" :P because they apparently now can have kids...

Unless it's a title thing. Like, an apprentice.

Fir Tribe Villages

It's not a spelling mistake...

... it's the renamed Jungle lot. "Fir Protector" just sounds oh so much better than "Jungle Protector," no? l405G.jpg

Unless it's a title thing. Like, an apprentice.

Given that there are structural differences, I think not.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.