Custom Smileys

Jimbob

Custom Smileys

Below is a list of the various smileys and emoticons made by members of RRU. Each smiley links to the post where it was presented so that you can give a 'Thank' to the creator if you like it. I've listed the creators and their smileys in alphabetical order for ease, please allow time for them all to load (many are embedded from Dropbox).

's original PSD template can be downloaded >here, and the separate layers are available as a PNG pack >here, so that you can create your own smileys.

Ben24x7

"Sandwedge"
Scotsman
SPACESHIP
WTH

JimbobJeffers

Gravestone

It is a mystery

No

RIP

Skull

MaelstromIslander

Islander
King Kahuka

Pereki

>Time Cruisers Emoticons (linked as previews are large)

Original post below for archiving purposes:

I think I remember Cyrem saying that, once the new smileys were finished, the template PSD/AI file would be released so that members can create custom smileys. Is this still the plan? I have a few ideas I'd like to make. :)

Did he say what format the template would come as? But still, the idea of an official (well, official RRU) smiley template would be great to get our hands on.

Heh I think this would be cool. In the mean time we should post all the custom emoticons we've already made in this topic. I will post a few of mine when I have access to an actual computer and am not on mobile.

the template PSD/AI file would be released so that members can create custom smileys

Ooh goody.

THE RETURN OF THE OLD TONGUE l405G.jpg

inb4 Cyrem "THIS IS CANCELLED"

I have a few ideas I'd like to make. :)

You do know that you can just upload them as images and then use blahblahblah?

Fluffy Cupcake

Can we get it in .PDN or GIMP's format as well for those who don't Photoshop? Know what? I can probably just get a plugin supporting .psd, so never mind.

Can we get it in .PDN or GIMP's format as well for those who don't Photoshop? Know what? I can probably just get a plugin supporting .psd, so never mind.

Hopefully you're okay with this Cyrem - if not, just delete the file - but I've saved each layer to a separate PNG and uploaded them, so that you can import them to whatever program you wish to use. Cyrem's original PSD is best to use if you can get Photoshop though as it uses blending options which make the editing easier.

Download

EDIT: I've made some animated smileys!

Blush.gif    NoNo.gif    Tears.gif

• Like 3

In the mean time we should post all the custom emoticons we've already made in this topic.

I've updated the original post, it'll now serve as a database of all the custom emoticons. :) Not that people have to post their smileys in this topic, but I think it'd be good to have a single repository somewhere.

Whats better than more emotes? MOAR EMOTES

"Sandwedge" Emote

yQw95Ec.png

Scotsman Emote

pTWilP9.png

WTH Emote

WbFHyb0.png

And to top it all off...

SPACESHIP Emote

P4ovRFo.png

Enjoy!

• Like 2

Thanks Ben! I've added them to the OP. One thing... Is there any chance you could remove the backgrounds from them? Seeing as they are PNGs, they don't need them, and the differing colour can be seen against the forum background colour.

MaelstromIslander

King kahuka called. He wanted me to make smileys.

AND I WASN'T GOING TO TURN DOWN THE OFFER.

gallery_8961_482_598.png

gallery_8961_482_457.png

I don't like how the mouth in the king kahuka one turned out, but its a start.

Edit: These seem to look smaller than the other emotes... Weird.

Edit: Nevermind, did comparison in paint, theres nothing small about them.

Yay, LR smileys! I'll add them now.

I don't like how the mouth in the king kahuka one turned out, but its a start.

If you check out the actual figures' heads:

3626bp3k.gif    3626bp3j.gif

They're a lot thinner than in your image, so that's probably why. Just shave off either side and I'm sure they'll look perfect. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Um, as I said to Ben, is there any chance you could cut off the background outlines? I could do it for you if you like. Transparency means they'll show up fine on any background.

MaelstromIslander
Um, as I said to Ben, is there any chance you could cut off the background outlines? I could do it for you if you like. Transparency means they'll show up fine on any background.

Yes, i'd like that please. However, i'd like to slightly edit my emoticons first.

Edit:

gallery_8961_482_476.png

gallery_8961_482_382.png

• Like 2

Yes, i'd like that please. However, i'd like to slightly edit my emoticons first.

Haha nice emotes! But like JJ said, backgrounds make them unusable. You have to hide the background layer before saving them as PNG.

• 1 year later...

Apologies for bumping this topic, but I have a new one;

nZKrtE1.png

"Horrific Emote"

...or, for an alternative name;

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH"

I was attempting to create a Scared Rock Raider, not a Scary Rock Raider, in-case anyone was wondering.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ben24x7 said:

Apologies for bumping this topic, but I have a new one;

Because people seem to worry about this more than they should - nothing wrong with bumping a topic if you've got something relevant to say, like this. It's only a problem if you're dragging up an old topic but don't really have any solid reason to. Just use common sense - "would this old topic be the best place for what I have to post?" So yeah, your post is totally fine.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.