Art Battle 2: A Rude Awakening

Fush

INTERCEPTION!

-Snip-

It seems to be an ongoing thing where i can't figure out whats going on in noghiri's image. I heard a ding, so i guess he was in an elevator.

Do I need to start narrating? :P

Panel 1: Our hooded fiend friend presses a button in the elevator. You can tell it's an elevator as you can see the bar above that tells you what floor you're on. RRU has a lot of floors. This is why it goes from negative infinity to positive infinity. The software uses long ints, so it works out.

Panel 2: The doors close, same view as last panel. Going up!

Panel 3: The fire nation Pants Enforcers attack. Momentary power outage, and confusion.

Panel 4: We reach the top. The door opens...

Panel 5: The enhoodie'd engager surveys the damaged floor.

Panel 6: Our beclawed, glowing eye character begins digging out a pile under which is implied to be a character with a horn such as one might find on a dragon.

B3g6MGJ.png

This is the last image I am posting before christmas. I will be able to occasionally visit RRU and do a few drawings or script work but I won't be able to upload any images. Because of this I won't be posting images from round about today to a few days after christmas.

MaelstromIslander

Well that completely exploded the potential character that was supposed to be major in this art battle. :/

Eh, considering how bad the stick figure clones are at doing anything, he probably didn't absolutely kill him. For instance, mecyr didn't die from all the screw ups joe was doing.

This is the last image I am posting before christmas. I will be able to occasionally visit RRU and do a few drawings or script work but I won't be able to upload any images. Because of this I won't be posting images from round about today to a few days after christmas.

Well then in that case i should start writing the next part.

(Note: It says clone, that's a typo, ignore it. Was meant to say "Pawn")

No0Vbqx.jpg

I didn't like how this one turned out, so let me explain.

After their orbital assassination of a certain dragon, recon scouts landed and spied on Joe, until they got a fix on his location. They send up a message, and the fleet mobilises.

The Pants Enforcer lands and almost immediately throws Joe in a stasis (shown running in Panel #2). The Pants Enforcer finds him suspicious, and so he tells him to carry a message back to his "masters", assuming somebody else was responsible for the explosion of RRU tower.

Either way, it is confirmed. The REPAs have landed on Earth, and are bringing an entire invasion fleet with them. Lord help anybody not wearing pants.

Okay, since i am curios. I decided to check and see how many points in total everybody has.

So I'm not clear on how point stealing works, whenever you steal half of the other players total points (the player has 4 points and loses 2 of them to the other played due to the steal)  or the points they would have gained from the pass (the player loses 1 point while the stealing player gets 1 point)

So i made two scored boards just in case.

If the player steals half the players Total points, this is the score.

Someswedish - 6
MaelstormIslander - 4
Ben24x7 -  4 (lost 3 points to noghiri)
noghiri - 4 (Stole 3 points from Ben24x7)
McJobless -  2
ProfessorBrickkeeper - 1
Fushigisaur - 1
Quistaros Pungnat - 1
Drill Master - 1
Pranciblad - 1

If the player steals half the points the player would have gained form the pass while the passed player loses 1 point, this is the score.

Ben24x7 -  7 (lost 1 points to noghiri)
Someswedish - 6
MaelstormIslander - 4
noghiri - 2 (Stole 1 points from Ben24x7)
McJobless -  2
ProfessorBrickkeeper - 1
Fushigisaur - 1
Quistaros Pungnat - 1
Drill Master - 1
Pranciblad - 1
  • Like 2

MaelstromIslander

Okay the scoreboard is seriously confusing me. :P

Edit: I can't post two images in a row so i'm just going to post one thats much more legit:

gallery_8961_436_6557.png

I recently (after being informed it is possible) managed to draw and upload an image on an iPad without the use of an alternate computer, so I now can upload and draw for this topic.

Sorry Mael (you know what I am talking about);

5OH9IXl.jpg

oLrWb7W.jpg

The main point of the battle is lost; Thunder corp was an idea stemming from the first battle, now it's not only overshadowing the new "Battle" but new topics are stemming out (I won't point fingers, but I can say I've been a part of such).

The battle used to work like this; Players would fight, but as much as a squabble about what was who's (this was seen at the start of the first battle) but NOW Players are creating and joining Fractions which pit against anyone standing.

The magic is lost, it's turned into a deliberate war.

What was simply a Thunder chase turned into a group battling against a band of robots, what was simply a Dragon trying to get some sleep turned into not just the death of the afore-mentioned Dragon, but also a battle over a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SUBJECT.

Heck, I've heard that some people are planning in advance their next move in this war (again, I'm not going to make accusations)! While it's okay to get your next moves planned, it's not fair if you are planning about something other than the main point.

If you've played Chess, you know how it requires planning your next move, the worst part is if your partner doesn't care about playing chess and attempts to do other things.

I don't know about anyone else, but by now I am sick of this and am waiting for this to be all over so we can at least start with new beginnings, not reviving the same topic (battle in this case). I don't care if characters from previous battles make a reappearance it's just the resulting subject I don't want to come back.

While I'm not going to demand a stop to the story. I do agree with Ben that things have gotten a little sidetracked.

Though i think the reason for this is mainly due to the title of the game Art Battle, with a name like that its no wonder people are going to come up with everything that has to do with conflicts and... well... Battle.

I believe that Nobody is in reality responsible for this mildly inconvenience, everybody just did what they believed that they should do with the best of their ability.

Lets just keep going for now, but once we call this battle over, we should discuss about the future of this game so that we can all get a better idea on how we can keep everybody happy.

• Like 3

MaelstromIslander

Now i want to get rid of thundercorp...

Alright, screw my plans for Art Battle 3. I'll just have to find a way to put everything i planned in here... Somehow.

You may not be pointing fingers at anyone, but it feels like it because of the guilt. I started this whole charade up and now i'm guilty of it.

And someswedish is dead? When was that? Yes, he's injured from the rubble, but it doesn't mean he's dead. Noghiri saved him (supposedly.)

You know what... This gives me a perfect idea... I can use my guilt for the ultimate plot twist...

...And someswedish is dead? When was that? Yes, he's injured from the rubble, but it doesn't mean he's dead. Noghiri saved him

Well, in his previous drawing Someswedish gets zapped and McJobless says in the explanation of his previous drawing; "After their orbital assassination of a certain dragon..."

I've recently decided to pull Fund-our-corp out of this war, so I could reuse the character(s) for other things, but I needed an excuse so here it is;

29poroN.jpg

In a shell-nut; Fund-our-corp has run out of Fuel and they don't have enough money to buy more (most of their money was used to buy the Tanks).

MaelstromIslander

Eh, you know what, i'm going to just quit. Thundercorp kind of ruined art battle. Its also the one thing that ruined both these battles.

Besides, ben is quitting, so why don't i do so as well? Thundercorp isn't like it used to be. I morphed it, screwed it up. It was originally a company making money off our art battles, selling tanks and weapons to us. Now they want to kill RRU, how did this happen? Only i'm to blame.

I screwed it all up.

I quit. No more thundercorp.

68ipQjY.gif

Besides, ben is quitting, so why don't i do so as well?

First off, I want to say that I only declared that I was removing my Fraction from the circle, not entirely quitting.

Second, just because I've given up with my Fraction does NOT mean people have to follow what I did as an example. There also may be some people who still want to continue with the idea of Thunder corp.

As the one who started all of this, I feel responsible for sorting all of this out.

Unfortunately I have absolutely no idea what is even going on right now, so that'll be a bit difficult.

Someone feel free to explain it to me.

What I can say, in general, is that we have strayed a lot from the original point. I noticed it a long time ago, before any of this controversy began, and I simply left it be thinking that, maybe this is a good change, a natural evolution? Maybe it'll be good for the thread?

I wish I had said something back then.

See, it all started when people started posting multi-panel comics. This is an art battle, not a comic battle. The idea was to post funny pictures to counter someone else's funny picture. With each person contributing a single panel, a single solitary event. Somewhere along the line though you guys got a little too ambitious, started taking the story a bit too seriously.

Now we've got people posting entire chapters, planning out storylines in advance, trying their hardest to make the story go exactly their way, the way they want it to go. That's not what we're supposed to be doing here. It's about improv, people. It's about each player adapting to the actions of their opponents, That's what makes it fun, and interesting.

I'm not sure exactly where to go from here, as I'm not really sure where we are at this point. Like I said it'd be nice if someone filled me in on the details. But it''s obvious I have to think of something, just give me some time.

As the one who started all of this, I feel responsible for sorting all of this out.

Unfortunately I have absolutely no idea what is even going on right now, so that'll be a bit difficult.

Someone feel free to explain it to me.

What I can say, in general, is that we have strayed a lot from the original point. I noticed it a long time ago, before any of this controversy began, and I simply left it be thinking that, maybe this is a good change, a natural evolution? Maybe it'll be good for the thread?

I wish I had said something back then.

See, it all started when people started posting multi-panel comics. This is an art battle, not a comic battle. The idea was to post funny pictures to counter someone else's funny picture. With each person contributing a single panel, a single solitary event. Somewhere along the line though you guys got a little too ambitious, started taking the story a bit too seriously.

Now we've got people posting entire chapters, planning out storylines in advance, trying their hardest to make the story go exactly their way, the way they want it to go. That's not what we're supposed to be doing here. It's about improv, people. It's about each player adapting to the actions of their opponents, That's what makes it fun, and interesting.

I'm not sure exactly where to go from here, as I'm not really sure where we are at this point. Like I said it'd be nice if someone filled me in on the details. But it''s obvious I have to think of something, just give me some time.

I think it's also an issue of not entirely understanding how the evolution was working, either.

Multi-panel things are doable, iff we stop approaching things as a fight amongst ourselves and view it more as an adventure, maybe with a couple people who are handling the antagonist side of things.

Also, I think I accidentally started the multipanel evolution. I first did that because it was a bit easier to explain causality... and I managed to still completely confuse everyone.

MaelstromIslander

I think it's also an issue of not entirely understanding how the evolution was working, either.

Multi-panel things are doable, iff we stop approaching things as a fight amongst ourselves and view it more as an adventure, maybe with a couple people who are handling the antagonist side of things.

Also, I think I accidentally started the multipanel evolution. I first did that because it was a bit easier to explain causality... and I managed to still completely confuse everyone.

Someswedish started doing multi panels at the beginning of Art Battle 2, its not exactly your fault.

Someswedish started doing multi panels at the beginning of Art Battle 2, its not exactly your fault.

I did it my second image in here back in Art Battle 1, before it was cool ;)

To clarify what I said earlier, I see things thusly: We can either go back to a single panel format, or we can complete the evolution and make it fully art adventures with one or two people handling the antagonist side of things.

We could even spin the multipanel format off into its own thread/game. I don't think it's a bad format, particularly here where people think a lot more about what's going on... as opposed to some other forums where there's not a lot of thought going on and it'd be a major mess.

See, I think it's exactly the opposite. It was never supposed to be some grand narrative, just a silly little back-and-forth against each other. Each player has a goal, sometimes the same goal and sometimes different, and try to nudge the story closer to completing that goal. It doesn't have to be the goal set at the beginning, for example while everyone was fighting over thunder Astro Space Guy just attacked us with robots, and that's fine. It's this kind of conflict that brings the story in unique and interesting directions. When everyone is working towards the same goal, that's kind of boring. When every person is trying to do something different, that gives us a lot more material to work with. It's this melding of everyone's ideas that makes the story what it is, and when one person tries to force the story into a single specific direction it loses that quality.

But that's just, like, my opinion, man.

EDIT: a few people posted in between, so I quoted the post I was replying to

EDIT2: To clarify, I'm not saying that there's anything wrong, specifically, with doing multiple panels. It's just that this practice encourage people to make too much progress in a single post, thus skewing the story in their favor. It's fine to do multiple panels, if necessary, just try to keep it to one action, one event per post.

• Like 2

Suggestion:

This thread reverts to single-panel/single-action format, and I go make another thread for multipanel format. This way, we get our cakes and eat some, too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.