Art Battle 2: A Rude Awakening

Fush

Wait, if this topic is changed to use single panel will all multiple panel pictures be removed from the final scores for this round?

The round would probably be restarted as the single panel format is less narrative focused, while the multipanel format... is.

As with the previous round, if we do modify the rules any posts made before the rule change goes into effect are exempt. Everything from this round will still be counted.

Also keep in mind that MY ISSUE IS NOT WITH MULTIPLE PANELS, in general. It's the recent posts that use multiple panels to progress the story too far at one time without input from other members. If it takes more than one panel to depict a single event, that's fine, just don't do a chain of events in one post. You can start a chain of events, but let other people depict the results if they want to.

Also I don't think splitting this into another thread is a good idea, at all, for a number of reasons.

• Like 2

I'm going to say the exact same thing I've said 60 times. I'm not in this for the games or to win, and I don't need points at all. I couldn't care less about competition. I'm simply posting because I find it entertaining to imagine what my RRU-persona would be like as a super-villain. I like going into Garry's Mod, taking what I've seen from the already done comics, and turning it into a new segment.

Regardless of how this thread continues, I'm going to keep posting my comics in here because this is the most relevant place, and because if you guys want, you can consider me like an obstacle that you all have to get past in one way or another.

NFEZ2Dj.jpg

The Pants Enforcer has finally got himself a temporary base on the surface of Earth, because ships aren't good for hiding. He's also hired a party of bounty hunters to help him.

A weakness is discovered! If somebody were to capture HK-47, they could hack him and gain access to the Pant's Enforcers second-in-command.

But, looks like an invasion of RRU Tower is planned. Why? What for? And what or who is Subject Zero?

• Like 3

The removal of my Third Group turned into regret.

Fund-our-corp (now with their fuel problem solved) is back, but this time with a slightly different goal;

CcDB7ih.jpg

(I can't believe that I'm cheating the system just to do something I mentioned I would)

McJobless, an army of Tanks and Personality Sphere-headed Robots are invading your base(ish);

BC9T39bl.jpg

MaelstromIslander

I was actually going to post this so that you could post:

gallery_8961_436_60723.png

Only issue is you cheated. :P But i guess you can let it not count and not break the system (Because you wouldn't get a point for that one.)

Mael and I have talked and discussed about this next part, here is a few days work of concepts being brought to life;

7ZkHIYql.jpg

Okay, I lied; this is only half of what we worked on. Still, expect more.

MaelstromIslander

Mael and I have talked and discussed about this next part, here is a few days work of concepts being brought to life;

-snip-

Okay, I lied; this is only half of what we worked on. Still, expect more.

A lot more.

Yes, we've been working inside on the plot. I've referenced the plot before in some of my parts, but it pretty much wasn't revealed until now.

But there was some things i haven't even revealed to ben yet... Like the big cheese.

Which was a joke in a cut part that went haywire and into canon.

With an army of tanks rocking up at my door, times are desperate. Things quickly got out of hand.

0jFt7ij.png

fdEh9G4.png

This one had to be split into two separate images.

Panel 1 - 3: Acmex (He looks like a guy called "Acmex" to me) is on night-watch in one of the adjacent RRU lookout towers. After receiving some strange readings, he looks out to see a small fleet of ships arrive and immediately begin firing upon the Tower's external security forces.

Panel 4: Cirevam makes an emergency broadcast to all the RRU citizens; the basement levels (Level -1 and below) are now being evacuated and locked off until the threat is contained.

Panel 5 - 7: Several of the Bounty Hunters tear up the place, taking out various new members and soldiers trapped in the lower levels.

Panel 8: The Pants Enforcer's Second-in-Command has found what they were looking for, buried in the catacombs of the RRU tower.

Panel 9 + 10: One of the Personality Spheres decides to scout ahead without a tank, in order to figure out what defenses are around. It manages to locate the front door, but can't see any kind of weapons or traps.

Panel 11 + 12: The Pants Enforcer, identity yet unknown, exterminates Jupiter using a giant super lazer for not following the pants regime. In order to power the lazer, one of RRU's members has been trapped, and their vitals are drained every time the lazer is fired.

• Like 2

You thought we could do nothing but run and hide and await rescuing by the moderators... or death.

You were wrong.

gallery_7851_358_21942.png

The strobes... are going.... to war.

[/CruddyComicsDrawnInPaint]

• 1 month later...

I know this has no relevance to the Art Battle's story and/or that this topic is probably seen as "dead" but I thought I might as well make this for the heck of it;

"The Art Battle artists"

qLNNI0Y.jpg

Well... ...most of them...

Also, for anyone who wants it, here is a list of the members drawn in the picture;

Guy on far left of the low row = Ayliffe

Dragon in the low row = someswedish

Girl in the low row = Fushigisaur

Guy on far right of the low row = Drill Master

Astronaut in middle row = Astro-Space-Guy

Purple Skeleton in middle row =

Rock Raider in middle row = Arthuriel (included in drawing for some reason)

Hooded figure in middle row = noghiri

Furry at the top = Ben24x7

MaelstromIslander

Wait, a post? Is this possible? How did this happen?

Also... Did someone finally draw me correctly in an actually cartoony state? :o

9UVxNwi.png

hiLrOuD.gif

The RRU invasion has ended, but the ever-illusive Pants Enforcer has escaped to claim a new base, destroying the old one and all the evidence in the process.

Looks like they picked up something big, too.

• 3 weeks later...

HoGiwKa.jpg

This topic has been hanging around in the back of my mind and I find it sad that it hasn't been touched for a while (unless you include the recently added imagery). How about we start over or keep it in this god-forsaken state of stasis.

MaelstromIslander

Meh. Starting over may be a good idea, because this ended up turning into some insanity and not a "looney-tunes type battle" as fushigisaur said.

But i think that would annoy lots of people as that would make this the SECOND time we've started over. But, if its going to make this topic run again, its better to take the risk.

And maybe i'll write the ending of this story in wordpad i dunno. I vote for starting over.

This topic has been hanging around in the back of my mind and I find it sad that it hasn't been touched for a while (unless you include the recently added imagery). How about we start over or keep it in this god-forsaken state of stasis.

Same 'ere, I've always liked this topic and even though I'm not the most active person in it (one image and counting, peoples :P ), I really would like to see this back up and running again with me maybe contributing a bit more, but I'm not sure that it's working in it's current state. So here are two suggestions from me to improve the art battle:

RENAME IT TO SOMETHING LESS BATTLE-Y:

I've mentioned this a couple of times in various status updates, but one of the side-effects of naming this topic an "Art Battle" is that it always ends in us all trying to smash each other in the face in a giant battle, and that does start to get boring after a while just fighting for no real reason. So after doing some very complicated and puzzling maths, I worked out that if we renamed the topic to something without the word "Battle", then the amount of battling would decrease by 2000%. :P Maybe we could rename it to "Artventure" or something similar?

PUT UP A SIGN-UP PERIOD BEFOREHAND:

Instead of letting people just join in during the middle of a battle, maybe we should have a sign-up period beforehand (you know, like the ones for UHC on the Minecraft server) so we know exactly who is taking part in each battle to avoid any newly-joined members from the LMBs just showing up, massacring everyone in one single move and then declaring themselves the winner. Anybody up for that?  :P

Other than those two suggestions, I do also agree that we should start this all over again, except not with the sole intention of smashing eachothers faces in. :P

EDIT: 'Tis my 160th post. Yay. :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.