Hardcoded Objects

aidenpons

Well, most of the things under MiscObjects (that are mostly hardcoded) don't have an .ae and so their governing behaviour is in the .exe.

I'd forgotten to set Scale for my Pilots back to 1, and it was still sitting at 5. I told my Mega-Raiders to build a Dock. The Barriers, Ore, and Crystals all scaled with them. Dynamite did as well. The Sonic Blaster didn't, which is interesting but the Electric Fence did. The ice cage didn't scale up, but it might if I changed the monster's scale.

Also, all of these only scaled when they were picked up. When they appeared in the Tool Store, they were the normal size until a raider picked them up.

EDIT: They descaled when the "Drop Object" button was used. They didn't when they were put down, mind you.

This is just a random speculation that might interest you.

I tried it myself when I saw your screenshot of the large barriers. When carried the objects seem to belong to the animation of the Rock Raider so that the RR + carried object are only one animated model instead of two individual ones who are linked together. But

This is just a random speculation

as well.

When carried the objects seem to belong to the animation of the Rock Raider so that the RR + carried object are only one animated model instead of two individual ones who are linked together.

If that was the case, surely there'd be a "CarryBarrier.lws" and "CarryEFence.lws?" But there don't seem to be anything like that... just a Carry.lws.

I tried it myself when I saw your screenshot of the large barriers. When carried the objects seem to belong to the animation of the Rock Raider so that the RR + carried object are only one animated model instead of two individual ones who are linked together.

This is exactly how it works. Scaling up the raider causes the carried item to scale up because the carry null on the raider is also scaled up. There are no separate animations for carrying different objects.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.