Cuusoo Gets Back into the Brick Business

emily

Earlier this year, LEGO brought their partnership with Cuusoo to a close, bringing their public support based line of sets in-house under the new name Ideas.

But Cuusoo, corrupted by the power of the brick and hungry for more, turned to another source - BrickLink - and basically started doing the same thing again.

BrickLink came under new ownership a while back, and since then further development of the site has been focused on their new MOC Shop - a decision that has inspired the criticism of many, as it comes at the expense of renovating the core BrickLink website. This partnership with Cuusoo is an extension of the MOC Shop.

Sources:

Brickset

Phantom Terror

Even though this is small right now, it seems like a really good setup. It certainly seems like it'll be easier to get to 100 votes than 10,000. You also have your MOC get put up on the MOC Shop on BrickLink, but you don't have to worry about funding your own orders! I could see how that could become a problem though, but hopefully not much of one. It also says that if your MOC sells, you get a fraction of the sales. I'll definitely look into trying this out. :)

This looks like it could have some real potential. Lego Ideas is neat because you get your own idea to be an official set. However this looks like it can produce a lot more output.

• Like 1

I think we'd have to wait and see if this becomes anything.

Unofficial sets have no collectable value other than the bricks they are made from. CUUSOO is also not dedicated to LEGO, it's just one of their sub-sections. 100 votes seems far too low to get attention and if this gets any popularity every man and his dog will be reaching 100 votes, but maybe this will be offset by the flooding of rubbish builds which is likely to happen.

I mean seriously... look at this:

https://cuusoo.com/projects/4289

https://cuusoo.com/projects/4710

https://cuusoo.com/projects/4532

Posting someone else's work to try and get them to sell?...and posted by the company themselves? They are flooding their own site, just look at how many descriptions start with "I found this wonderful".

You can also find beautiful sets like this:

https://cuusoo.com/projects/4468

Purposely made that way... but considering that person has been spamming entries from other people, I bet this is not his at all.

Quisoves Potoo

I found this wonderful work on the internet.
This design is made by a creator, but is not commercialized yet,
I hope I can buy if the creator sold this work.
So let's gather up, in order to ask the creator to make this work productized.
Here's the link that I found this work.

quoted from: Hammerfall GunSHIP'' target='_blank'>Hammerfall GunSHIP>Hammerfall GunSHIP

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOMINATE GREAT BRICK WORK.
CUUSOO BRICK AWARD

CUUSOO BRICK is a community page for brick fans. User can recommend any brickworks in the world.

Once the nominated item achieves 1,000 votes, CUUSOO BRICK AWARD will be given. As a reward if builder of the original work wish for the re-production, CUUSOO staff will coordinate with potential supplier.

Wonderful command of the English language there. Have they been communing with the ghost of Dickens?

100 votes seems far too low to get attention and if this gets any popularity every man and his dog will be reaching 100 votes, but maybe this will be offset by the flooding of rubbish builds which is likely to happen.

This came to mind:

If it took less than 100 for LEGO Idea to make a set...

Arthuriel

legoideasnightmare_zps4326c9a2.png

Someswedish

LegoIdealowstandardsversion_zpsaa9294d3.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.