Cavern Run

Jimbob

A good game ought to have a good (or just fairly decent) poster;

Nice, great job Ben! it deserves to be put in the game's page, as a banner.

Speaking of the website, it's down. I can't seem to play the game anymore.

Speaking of the website, it's down. I can't seem to play the game anymore.

Same here. Both 'Fullscreen' and 'Website version' link to a web-page other than the game.

Wow Ben, that's... That is so awesome! I love it! I will most certainly use that on the new website when it's up. Cavern Run has been taken down from its current hosting while it is relocated to my new domain at jimbobjeffers.com, once it's there I'll be sure to use your poster. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

The game has been migrated to a new host, however the actual web page isn't up yet. In the mean time, you can play it here.

It seems there may be a bug saving the leaderboards though, I just hit a score of 10140 but it didn't save. I'll have to check it out.

• 1 month later...

I found some beta footage of the game dated December 18, 2014. It doesn't look as if too much changed after this, but I uploaded it anyway.

• Like 2

Yay, the Beta Raiders! Poor old Raider 404, they were never found again.

I think the most obvious changes are some new parts, a slight change to HUD and the nigh-impossible segment (I could beat it :P) was removed.

Hey JJ, that temporary upload of Cavern Run seems broken;

SbVtoD5.png

*I was going to post a drawing based on this bug, but since I exported it incorrectly it won't be up for some time

When you start the game, your character automatically spawns up at the top and you will go far without collecting points and eventually hit Ore that is on the ceiling.

What a strange bug, I'm not getting that when I play? What browser are you using, and are there steps you can give me to reproduce it?

What a strange bug, I'm not getting that when I play? What browser are you using, and are there steps you can give me to reproduce it?

Well I have the same problem.

Firefox, and I just run it as normal. I click the link, don't bother changing my character (leave him as the default Axel) and it does what Ben said in the screenshot. It's possible that Flash might be out of date by version 0.0.0.0.0.1 l405G.jpg, but I don't think that's the problem.

I use Google Chrome (on a Mac). All I did was launch the game as normal from the link you recently provided to which the game is currently temporarily hosted, and the character design doesn't matter, as this bug happens constantly.

Oh, and by the by, heres the drawing I was going to post;

NcAiFo9.png

Updated OP, the game's been rehosted. Sadly leaderboards aren't working though, the code's too old for me to bother going back through and trying to fix it. ;)

• Like 4

MaelstromIslander

Kind of disappointing the leaderboards don't work anymore, but I'm glad to see this project is still up and running! I remember playing this game quite a bit back in the day, and looking back on it now I can really appreciate how much effort was placed into it, especially seeing how JimbobJeffers was able to gather the minds of Shadowblaze and Ben24x7 to all work on the project with successful results.

Thanks for bringing the game back up, though, Jimbob. Really means a lot.

22 hours ago, MaelstromIslander said:

Kind of disappointing the leaderboards don't work anymore

I figured out how to fix the leaderboards yesterday so hopefully Jimbob can apply it soon. Just don't expect your scores from 2014 to be present (most likely) :P

Happy to hear this game's running again! I was wondering what happened to it.

I'm really glad to see you're finally back on track working stuff, Jimbob! I'm really excited for what's to come in the future!

Cheers for the comments! Leaderboards are working now, thanks to le717 debugging with me for a ridiculously long time, turns out it was a simple case of file permissions client-side and server-side.

Please ensure you check this box in your flash player settings before you play the game!

large.allow.png.17ee2d94421d1caf140c1167

@Shadowblaze Actually I've long since ditched programming, it just isn't my passion. The last two years have been filled with 3D art studies, particularly physically based rendering theory, plus exploring other hobbies like photography and a little modding. But hey if you like art keep an eye on my website, yeah? :P

• Like 3

That's too bad, but I'm happy you've found something that interests you that much. :thumbsup: Have you taken any photographs that I might have seen? ;P

Nah, I use an instant-print camera and keep it all in a journal, nothing published online!

Edit: Added @Ben24x7's awesome new poster!

Edited by JimbobJeffers

• 3 months later...

Not quite sure how I chanced upon the topic, but both the site in the OP and the second site both redirect to 'Server Not Found.'

Would it be possible to make an offline standalone downloadable version and just put it up on Oresome? No leaderboard - or cloud hosting beyond RRU's file service - needed.

On 4/25/2018 at 6:29 AM, aidenpons said:

Not quite sure how I chanced upon the topic, but both the site in the OP and the second site both redirect to 'Server Not Found.'

Would it be possible to make an offline standalone downloadable version and just put it up on Oresome? No leaderboard - or cloud hosting beyond RRU's file service - needed.

While it is up to @JimbobJeffers to upload to Oresome, I have a copy hosted that I don't think he'll mind me posting. :) The note about letting Flash store data on your computer still applies. If you are worried this going down, it's not. It's on my personal website and I always keep that server running ;)

https://demo.codetri.net/cavern-run/

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.