Cyrem

As the exporting bug is pretty serious, I have released a fixed version. This update also fixes the hotkey error and adds keyboard scrolling. Download Final 3a please.

@ Addictgamer:

1. Not sure why you'd want to disable that.

2. Added in 3a.

3. Exporting fixed in 3a.

4. I haven't forgotten about it.

5. So overwriting the files you imported?

6. I noticed that too, I will do something.

Awesome!

Second off, hard to tell what your numbers correspond to in my post.

1. You are referring to disabling mouse scrolling? If so, here's my answer:

I find mouse scrolling very annoying.

2. Alright! I'll be testing this later. If you are referring to my

2. How about add an option, "Custom name for each file?" If the player ticks yes, then, and only then, does it ask for each file.
suggestion. If not, what are you referring to?

3. I'm assuming you're speaking of edit 4. If so, awesome!

4. Are you referring to edit 6? I'm going to assume you are.

Good luck fixing the bug!

5. If you are speaking of edit 7, yes.

6. Are you speaking of edit 8 or 9?

Thanks for making the map creator! I love it. ;P

Second off, hard to tell what your numbers correspond to in my post.

Lol, I skipped your first 1 & 2, and started after your first EDIT and the last I replied to was EDIT 8.

A random map creator would have to have some ability to tell if an area is accessible or not. A giant cavern full of energy crystals that is inaccessible due to it being surrounded by solid rock is a bit unfair.

A random map creator would have to have some ability to tell if an area is accessible or not. A giant cavern full of energy crystals that is inaccessible due to it being surrounded by solid rock is a bit unfair.

It would be hard to make a map generator that generates all of the maps simultaneously and keep from creating such situations... but I was only thinking surface.map and height.map, which would be much easier to make without generating inaccessible caverns.

I don't care if a RMG makes an inaccessible cavern since we can just edit it further. I see this as an inspiration feature rather than a full map generator.

Why won't it let me place the game camera?

It won't allow you to place more than one game camera. If it's greyed out, you must have a camera somewhere already.

Tauka Usanake

Why won't it let me place the game camera?

It won't allow you to place more than one game camera. If it's greyed out, you must have a camera somewhere already.

When placing a game camera, why don't you have it remove the first one if you place down a second one in a different spot?

When placing a game camera, why don't you have it remove the first one if you place down a second one in a different spot?

I request that if this is implemented, to also implement an options menu that allows you to disable it if you don't want it.

• 2 weeks later...
The Soleutator

I just downloaded and tested this map editor. I have to say, it's a great tool, especially considering it is user-made. I like how straight-forward it is, though I may have a few questions later on, regarding putting in energy crystal piles, vehicles, and sleeping/randomly emerging monsters, as well as objectives.

regarding putting in

1. energy crystal piles

2. vehicles, and sleeping/

3. randomly emerging monsters

4.as well as objectives.

1. If you don't mean the cror ones, I think it would be nice to be able to type in where on the square you want the object, instead of it putting all objects in the center of the square. Just an idea, Cyrem, even though it's probably been said a million times.

2. Sorry, but I think they can be fine staying as "place object here" things. You never know what objects one may want to put or may have added.

3. Uh... the emerge map works fine...

4. He's working on that.

1. If you don't mean the cror ones, I think it would be nice to be able to type in where on the square you want the object, instead of it putting all objects in the center of the square. Just an idea, Cyrem, even though it's probably been said a million times.

2. Sorry, but I think they can be fine staying as "place object here" things. You never know what objects one may want to put or may have added.

4. He's working on that.

He wasn't making suggestions lair.

He was saying "How I would go about doing these"

The Soleutator

4. He's working on that.

He wasn't making suggestions lair.

He was saying "How I would go about doing these"

That. I'll make another topic so I don't spam up this one.

Edit: Bug report:

When scrolling around the map using both the mouse and the keyboard simultaneously to scroll up, the scroll speed increases, but the double-arrow shaped button for the drop-down list of files to edit at the bottom of the screen disappears. This doesn't seem to happen when scrolling other directions. Note this was in version .9 Beta 3

Edit 2: Suggestion:

I noticed that when you manually edit a .ol file using a text editor, and make very specific coordinates for objects (such as energy crystal piles), then import and re-export that .ol file, the map editor automatically rounds the coordinates to the nearest 1 or .5. This can be worked around, which is why it's a suggestion, rather than a bug. The suggestion is, perhaps you could make it so the editor saves the custom coordinates.

I hate the file browser:

gallery_3_4_15949.png

Please change it if you can. It should be possible since the import map function uses the other file browser thing.

EDIT: This browser:

gallery_3_4_10782.png

• 2 months later...
Addictgamer

1. When I am placing objects/buildings and I use the arrow keys to scroll, they also rotate the object.

2. Ok. Mouse scrolling is making me want to take the flaming sword of pwnage to the map creator. How do I disable it if that can be done?

If it can't be disabled, please make it disableable.

• 4 weeks later...

New version: Final 3B

This is a minor update, but it allows you to create 100 x 100 maps and you can now open the Playstation RR Terrain.map files. However you can't save to a PS1 Map yet, but it's good for having a look and converting to PC map.

Addictgamer

New version: Final 3B

This is a minor update, but it allows you to create 100 x 100 maps and you can now open the Playstation RR Terrain.map files. However you can't save to a PS1 Map yet, but it's good for having a look and converting to PC map.

Thank ye for thy hard work. I shall go on an...expedition...to create...insanely large maps!

I would like to see some PS1 maps converted to PC

It would be cool if we could make a overhaul to make the PC game as close to the PS1 as possible.

it allows you to create 100 x 100 maps

and you can now open the Playstation RR Terrain.map files.

At last, Trouble Down the Mine won't be so crammed.

.......WHAAAAAAAAAAAA :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af: :af:

It would be cool if we could make a overhaul to make the PC game as close to the PS1 as possible.

I can do that :af:

• Cyrem changed the title to Map Creator (0.9.11)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.