Cyrem

Ah, the editor has become better since i last visited RRU. I visited here last when it was brand new, if i recall, that was 2009, no?

I made quite a few funky and cool maps back then :) Though sadly they were not backed up when i reinstalled my PC :(

Though I think I will try this editor new and improved to see how things look :D

Awesome! Thanks for this, I will be having lots of fun ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Saving, for now, is done by exporting your map to a folder. Just reopen those files later to make changes. To play your maps, you can either add in a new level to the game or you can replace the files for another level. Look in your LevelsGameLevels folder and find the level you want to replace, then rename your files to overwrite the old level files. Always be sure to back things up first, and also check the level entry in the CFG file to make sure it's loading all of your files (some levels don't load erosion maps, for instance, so if your level has erosion and you put it in a level entry that doesn't look for the erosion map, erosion won't happen).

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
lms explorer factory

this is cool, but... how the heck do you save the maps? and, once you export them to a folder, you can forget ever opening it again... am i missing something? every time i click the save button, it says dissabled in beata...

Retsnom Kcor

There is no save feature. Export the map when you are done making it. If you need to edit it again, import the files back into the Map Creator.

• 2 months later...

Hello, just joined this site. Started modding RR myself since it one of my favorite child games and I though no one else did. Never imagined a map editor though. Going to test it.

Great job you did here guys.

• 1 month later...

WAIT A MINUTE

Ah, the editor has become better since i last visited RRU. I visited here last when it was brand new, if i recall, that was 2009, no?

I made quite a few funky and cool maps back then :) Though sadly they were not backed up when i reinstalled my PC :(

Though I think I will try this editor new and improved to see how things look :D

Awesome! Thanks for this, I will be having lots of fun ;D

Der_Link_MM? Is that you?

Aaaaaanyway I know I've probably asked this before but what's the plan on this currently with its year and a half dormancy? It's a mostly usable state currently, but the limited lava erosion and issue with OL things being in the center is still somewhat of an issue. Easily fixable with that other Hex-based map editor and Notepad respectively, but still.

But this was mostly just an excuse to question that one member.

Aaaaaanyway I know I've probably asked this before but what's the plan on this currently with its year and a half dormancy?

The problem with this is that because it's been so long, I now know how to do certain things better... and feel the need to do a re-write of the program.

• Like 2

My eyes have lit up like anime characters, Cyrem. Please tell me NPL Scripter integration, a 3D level builder and some enhancements to the object placement system are coming...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Did a very small update (0.9.1). It's mainly a internals update, but I did add a option to roughen the heightmap as that is a feature I realized I needed when making a level and I added joev14's request of only filling caverns for hidden area.

EDIT: Did another update just for fun (0.9.2).

- Fixed Object Number problem when export OL files.

- Finished erosion editor. 5 Pre-Eroded speeds and 5 Erode path speeds.

EDIT 2: Last update for tonight (0.9.3)

- Map Saving and Loading.

- 1 bug fix.

PEACE!

• Like 2

I'm going to check this out when I come home from work. The save/load feature should make working on these maps much less tedious.

Another quick update.

Now supports the full range of fallin speeds instead of 1.

Next quick update he's going to release a .flh creator.

• Like 2

Another quick update.

Oh he's a funny one this guy. ;P

Another quick update.

Oh he's a funny one this guy. ;P

The very least you could do is NPL Scripter integration.

Remember those blogs you used to update? How you said it would be possible, maybe? :D

Update!

0.9.5 > 0.9.6

• Camera is now always the first object in the ol
  • Import from folder feature enabled
  • Got rid of '_' at the end of file names for exporting.
  • Rename the map
  • Generate the file list for the map
  • 1 bug fix.

can you have the program auto number map files

What I've done is added a setting called 'Set File Export Suffix'. Using this you can add whatever suffix you want like '_09' and when you export the whole map or individual files, it will be added to the filename.

Update!

0.9.6 > 0.9.7

• Added Sample Map to Zip
  • Added 'Set File Export Suffix' (this also gets saved with your map)
  • Hovering over a custom object will display a tooltip with the name of the object
  • You can right click on custom objects to change the object type.
  • When you save the map name is added to the filename so you don't have to type it.
  • Stopped saving of map files if no map is open.
  • 2 bug fixes.

Maybe you can also add something like changing the size of the map after it is already set. Therefore - if you want to make the map bigger - the new (the added) parts can be added to the right bottom (do you know what I mean with that?).

Thank you in anticipation :)

Updated! 0.9.7 > 0.9.8

• Added Objective text setting
  • Added CFG block name setting (used for ObjectiveText... more CFG stuff later)
  • Fixed 2 important map loading bugs.
  • Added suffix to File link generation (previously missing)
  • Like 2

• Cyrem changed the title to Map Creator (0.9.11)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.