Xiron's Player Characters Set

Fluffy Cupcake

Fluffy Cupcake

So being tired of the current 8 minigiure mess of parts we have to choose from in the default character builder, I decided to do a complete replacement, character builder icons and all, of all the 8 minifigs, and in an orderly fasion too. So, after 2.5 days and 145 file replacements later with a lazy-butt job on the chracter textbox pics, and a tough battle not to use same colored pants due to the constant character roster changing, here is what I got.

Yes I used Steve's face for Some Guy, and Jan's face for Some Girl, but I did complete their facial animations!

gallery_426_377_542034.png

DOWNLOAD: http://oresome.rockraidersunited.com/download/264

O.T. Now I shall get back to .exe hacking. :P

Just noticed that when you ported the high res Rock Raider torso/hips texture to the LR2 UV map, you put the belt (which goes across the front of hips) on the torso... Was that intentional? It makes the actual torso part smaller than it should be, in height and width.

Rock Raider for comparison:

RockRaiderCadet.jpg

And of course, Sparks has a similar design (likely intended to represent the same piece, but there's quite a few variations of the RR minifig prints, between sets, games, books, etc):

7949.jpg

Fluffy Cupcake

It's been a while since I've worked on it, but likely yes, since we can't do belt textures. Look at all other LR2 characters that have belts, they are all on the torso.

Also, looks like I forgot to get back to Sky's pants from a day or so ago... (pockets). V2 to come eventually I guess. This is why I don't like to upload to RRU's uploader right away, but I was so sure I was good for a while. :P

Look at all other LR2 characters that have belts, they are all on the torso.

Uh, yeah - that's how LEGO designed their prints. None of the minifigs featured LR2 feature printing on the hips at all (and the only minifigure in LR2 to even have any printing on the legs is Achu). It's not a matter of the LR2 devs deciding to put belts on the torso; none of the minifigs they needed to represent did it any other way. They had no need to UV the hips piece in a way that allows for printing.

But the Rock Raider/Sparks design from the game does have printing on the hips (at least in some digital renders - the actual Sparks minifigure doesn't), and as said, shoving it onto the torso like that reduces the scale of the actual torso print and makes it look a tad awkward. I'd rather drop the belt ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) so the torso looks as it should than have things squished into areas they weren't intended to go ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) .

Fluffy Cupcake

Confirmed for belts (or toes) not possible, there is no long strip for them, just tiny cubes.

So you'd rather have this top eh?

'>

Meep

If no other bugs to report, I'll upload the updates to Orebucket in 48ish hours.

Eh, still doesn't match up with how it looks on the LRR minifigure - there's quite a lot of empty/orange space on the sides, while in LRR it's lined up with the edges of the torso very snugly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.