How to unlock any characters/vehicles

Neal

First things first, you need to extract the game files from the GAME.DAT file. Use QuickBMS and the TT Games script to get the game files extracted.

Rename the GAME.DAT to GAME2 or something. Or delete it.

Now, in \chars\ there should be a collection.txt. That's where all character & vehicle prices are listed.

To unlock unused chars/vehicles:

Here's an example "unused" character (this being a LEGO Friends character): //collect "Minidoll_Player"

Now here's what the line should look like to have it unlocked: collect "Minidoll_Player" UnlockedByDefault

You might be able to add customiser_parts on the end to have her unlocked to use for pieces, but not sure. Haven't tried that.

To unlock used chars/vehicles:

Maybe you don't like exploring to find the stuff. Maybe you just want the cool vehicles unlocked.

First, comment the line out. This is what you want the line to appear like: //collect "70502_NinjagoEarthDriller" UnlockedByDefault

Then start up the game, go into your world, and exit the game.

Go back to collection.txt and uncomment the line: collect "70502_NinjagoEarthDriller" UnlockedByDefault

It will now believe it is new and unlocked by default and give it to you for free.

Edited by Neal
bigger

Quisoves Potoo

"//collect "Super_Pony"      locked buy_in_shop     2250    //temporarily out as LEGO being extremely fussy"

He he...

Edited by Quisoves Potoo
  • Like 3

Quisoves Potoo

Is it just me, or is there something wonky about character collection for Worlds?

It seems that the tried and true "UnlockedbyDefault" trick won't work for some things, e.g. the Queen or the Knight's Kingdom vehicle, even though the appropriate files exist.

Is it just me, or is there something wonky about character collection for Worlds?

It seems that the tried and true "UnlockedbyDefault" trick won't work for some things, e.g. the Queen or the Knight's Kingdom vehicle, even though the appropriate files exist.

​That worked for me for the Queen. Haven't run into any issues except with vehicles that don't exist. (molemachine and brickbeard's ship)

do you need to reimport the file? Sry im new at this and I caught a post on steam made about this a day or two ago but it got taken down. I think you may have posted it. 

do you need to reimport the file? Sry im new at this and I caught a post on steam made about this a day or two ago but it got taken down. I think you may have posted it. 

​That's okay. I posted the guide on Steam only to have it get thrown off. You don't need to reimport, just rename or remove GAME.DAT (probably good to rename to have a backup) and then put all the extracted folders & files into your LEGO Worlds folder.

DisplayDismay

឵឵឵

Edited by nicefunfungirl
I'd like this post to be deleted.

I tried to do this method to unlock all characters but they aren't working. Here's what i did to get all characters,but i can't find them,i can only buy them free after i find them.

COLLECTION.TXT

First, comment the line out. This is what you want the line to appear like: //collect "70502_NinjagoEarthDriller" UnlockedByDefault

Go back to collection.txt and uncomment the line: collect "70502_NinjagoEarthDriller" UnlockedByDefault

It will now believe it is new and unlocked by default and give it to you for free.

​Did you follow this part? I had to do it for the characters as well as the vehicles.

DisplayDismay

឵឵឵

Edited by nicefunfungirl
I'd like this post to be deleted.

I tried to do this method to unlock all characters but they aren't working. Here's what i did to get all characters,but i can't find them,i can only buy them free after i find them.

COLLECTION.TXT

​Did you follow this part? I had to do it for the characters as well as the vehicles.

​I thought i followed it. You looked at the collection.txt file right? I removed the // from everything aswell,which i assume stopped that item and all from functioning. It looks the same,but without the //

EDIT:Okay can't there just be a video tutorial or something? Because i clearly followed this for unused characters. All i did was change the locked buy_in_shop's to UnlockedByDefault and removed the prices. And also the // since i assumed this is how it worked. (I have backed up my COLLECTION.TXT)

​Have you removed/renamed GAME.DAT? No mods will work unless it is renamed or removed. If you have, then try this; http://pastebin.com/CR89AUDX (remove the contents of your COLLECTION.TXT and paste that into it)

Make sure you comment all the characters out first (putting // in front of them), launch the game and enter your world, exit again, then uncomment them all and launch the game again.

Here's an example "unused" character (this being a LEGO Friends character): //collect "Minidoll_Player"

Now here's what the line should look like to have it unlocked: collect "Minidoll_Player" UnlockedByDefault

You might be able to add customiser_parts on the end to have her unlocked to use for pieces, but not sure. Haven't tried that.

​You can unlock her parts... sort of.

2CHux63.jpg

The game tries to map her textures to regular minifig pieces.

​You can unlock her parts... sort of.

2CHux63.jpg

The game tries to map her textures to regular minifig pieces.

​That's horrifyingly amazing.

It gets better. I was missing the face... which cannot be selected from the menu. And for good reason.

The only way to equip it, like with the skeleton hands, is to choose the minidoll as a full costume... and when you do,

this is the result.

khWsxqN.jpg

MaUvDmD.jpg

Edited by Fushigisaur
  • Like 2

It gets better. I was missing the face... which cannot be selected from the menu. And for good reason.

The only way to equip it, like with the skeleton hands, is to choose the minidoll as a full costume... and when you do,

this is the result.

khWsxqN.jpg

MaUvDmD.jpg

​This is painful to look at. Let's just say that having them in character create is a bad idea and that no one ever should do it again, ok? :P

• 10 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.