Will's Modding Extravaganza

dead_name

"And as LU closed, the lands began to freeze, until the chunks of worlds were merely nothing but a cloth of white stretching into the distance...

Then a new light dawned upon these lands, as a small plane flew across, rediscovering the worlds for all to see...

The Universe can come together..."

Ignoring that horrible narration, it's brilliant to see its possible to copy and paste the landscape of LU into LW, now someone needs to either try to port the models/props from the island or rebuild them from scratch.

Or we could see this for what it is. A silly little experiment that I have no intention of taking much further.

Oh I'm sorry did someone say Avant Gardens?

Well that's pretty cool. Just spray paint it green and reconstruct the buildings and you've got a brick-built recreation of Lego Universe!

How did you do that?

piIBaUW.png

Thanks to some files from Brickkeeper, I've got Mata Nui roughly recreated in Worlds.

http://will.kirk.by/u/rru/Mata_Nui.zip

Oh I'm sorry did someone say Avant Gardens?

Well that's pretty cool. Just spray paint it green and reconstruct the buildings and you've got a brick-built recreation of Lego Universe!

How did you do that?

I know how the LU heightmap files work, and I know how the Worlds map chunks are stored. Wasn't hard to put the two together.

• Like 7

Fluffy Cupcake

Great, now put a LEGO Racers 2 landscape in Worlds!

I was never big on Bionicle, but that's cool nevertheless. :D

• 3 months later...

Someone needs to write a LEGO Worlds heightmap importer/converter/thing with at least a basic editor/preview system...

Edited by Mvp333

Someone needs to write a LEGO Worlds heightmap importer/converter/thing with at least a basic editor/preview system...

lol

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.