Unused characters, vehicles, and creatures

lol username

lol username

Here's a video of (hopefully) all the unused characters, vehicles, and creatures (and also the normal things, as it'd be strange to just skip over them). I took a fairly thorough look through the game's data, but I could have missed something - if I did, post it. (I'm aware I didn't show the bat you can transform into as a vampire, but whatever, not important.)

I've heard some of these unused minifigures can be spawned via imported models (the game maps certain pieces in LDD to special props, like the Creator house stuff - and going by steam forum discussions, minifigures too), but many of them are probably unusable if you don't mod them in.

There's also unused props, items, etc... Haven't toyed with those yet.

See this topic for how to unlock stuff, just be aware you run the risk of broken character customization, corrupted save files, spontaneous combustion of your computer, etc: http://www.rockraidersunited.com/topic/6534-how-to-unlock-any-charactersvehicles/

grappigegovert

I found this unused hat while swapping files around:
4bq8iHo.png

This is HAT_GLASSHELMET, maybe there are more unused hats/bodyparts, I haven't checked.

*Image here*

This is HAT_GLASSHELMET, maybe there are more unused hats/bodyparts, I haven't checked.

​Part 30214. I recognized it because I have some green ones from the Insectoids theme.

*snip*

​Any idea if you can open the texture files for that? I found where this is located, but most aren't .tex files, and I looked around a little more but I don't think this cuts it yet. I'm guessing that means nope until that tool's developed further/game update introduces it as a .tex file.

I think any part that is a single colour (doesn't have any decals) doesn't have a texture file. I briefly tried looking for a file which would define their colours but had little success.

grappigegovert

What Jimbob said. I think the material data (transparant color?) might be inside the .res files, but this is just a guess.
One thing I noticed is when I renamed the explorer's helmet to HAT_CLIMBER (the climber's helmet), the model of the climber helmet became the explorer's helmet (of course), but the color was still red, although I'd renamed all the files inside the SUPER_CHARACTER\HAT folder, so the (solid)color must be stored somewhere else I think.

lol username

What Jimbob said. I think the material data (transparant color?) might be inside the .res files, but this is just a guess.
One thing I noticed is when I renamed the explorer's helmet to HAT_CLIMBER (the climber's helmet), the model of the climber helmet became the explorer's helmet (of course), but the color was still red, although I'd renamed all the files inside the SUPER_CHARACTER\HAT folder, so the (solid)color must be stored somewhere else I think.

Which .res files do you mean? Both hats and characters have them.

I'd assume that whatever file specifies what accessories a character has also defines the colors of those accessories, but I haven't looked at it yet.

It does seem colors can be arbitrary; the icons for different pieces in character customization are often just a single icon texture that's recolored with the desired RBG values per option in the menu. I've also seen options for hands (and I think some other pieces) show up in the character customizer that seem to be the same color at first glance, but are actually just slightly different, like two slightly different shades of yellow for hands. Probably the result of just one or two characters using slightly wrong shades of yellow for their hands, and of course the customizer provides you with both options...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.